Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Stay on topic please. :)

They were actually critical of the SLS AMG and mysteriously there were no Mercedes commercials this episode. :think:

I really liked the Raptor bit, the paintgun part seemed tacked on, should have been either a full length segment or removed altogether.

When I heard the guest was going to be Kid Rock, I was....meh.

Now, Kid Rock as the guest.... FTW! I so wish it had been Jeremy that had done the interview. :)

Best episode yet. Funny, laughed most of the way through. Camera shots were TGUK worthy. Even the race re-do was more interesting than the original. And the car review was better than some of Hammonds or Mays. Not epic, but wonderful. The magic has landed.

It was good right up until the Hummer/paintball segment, it didn't make much sense and seemed like a time filler that not much effort was put into creating. It also looked like Adam was sitting awfully close in the SLS, is he really that short? Rutledge is getting worse as the episodes pass by, awful moments with the Raptor, bad interviewing hipster Kid Rock and even worse lap commentary.

And correct me if I am wrong but the original TG never used a modified car on the test track that could not be bought turn key from a dealer?

Not as good as last week, I think, but definitely one of the better episodes to date. I was impressed that they showed Stig's lap in the Raptor.

Kid Rock is by far the best guest they've had on; not only did he turn out to be a great interview, but he appears to be quite the wheelman. A second and a half quicker *in the wet*?!

They were actually critical of the SLS AMG and mysteriously there were no Mercedes commercials this episode. :think:

I didn't notice at the time, but now that you mention it there wasn't any Merc commercials. Maybe just a coincidence...or maybe not...

I was extremely skeptical on Kid Rock but it was actually good.

The paintball segment was half-assed for sure. There is still work to be done on the script.

Still, best episode thus far. I like that every episode is better than the previous one, and the production values in this one were pretty much on par with TG UK. Even though I'd love to see them improve even further, they're now at a point where I wouldn't mind watching even if they don't.

Well, this episode felt a little cramped. But it was still pretty good. I'd give it a 7.

The F-150 bit was pretty neat. I liked the re-scored version of "Paranoid" played whilst the truck was leaping through the desert. I know it would be cooler if the had the original song, but hey, they got a budget. Tanner is definitely getting better at being on camera. The race was neat. Kinda learned a bit more about the jumper than the UK one with the Cayenne.

The SLS bit was hilarious. Despite arguably not being a good driver, Adam had me in stitches. I would have preferred more video of the car going around the track though. I was pleaseantly suprised to see that they didn't succumb to the fact that MB was sponsoring them. As Adam admitted he didn't love the car.

BSSC with Kid Rock, wasn't bad. However despite the potential for some epic guest appearences, it just takes up too much time.

Which leads me to the Army car challenge. I liked the idea, the dialogue, and all that jazz, but I just wanted more. We got only one challenge from that, and the entire bit was less than 10 minutes long.

Still the show's good. Just if they could "Jenny Craig" the BSSC bit, in favor of more time for the other stuff it could be great.

A rerun of any episode of TG is better than any of the first episodes of TG US. I think it's the presenters. These guys just aren't any good for this show, and it's not all about chemistry. I went back and watched a few episodes from the first season of TG, and it's painfully obvious that these guys got nothing on Clarkson or Hammond. Even James May looked and sounded better on his first day. On top of that, there are no interesting challenges, news or anything, really, about the first few episodes. But it's the presenters that ruin it completely. Could they really not find anyone better, i bet there's a writer from C&D or Motor Trend that would be better suited for the job.

Watching the paintball/new military car segment, I began to wonder if the show as a whole would benefit from being 90 minutes long instead of an hour (with commercials, obviously). It seemed like there should've been a hell of a lot more to it than there was.

Still liked it, though. Maybe someday Kid Rock will cross the pond and Jeremy can interview him. :nod:

turbo16lbs said:
Really Rutledge? Hugging the F150??! So lame.

IMO, it's no different from Jeremy kissing the steering wheel of the Volvo in 4x03 or him licking his Ford GT in 6x03, or even Adam in his Caddie last week.

The stig needs a soundtrack to make his segment more interesting to the normal viewer. in TGUK, powerlaps are amusing because the commentary isn't repetitive and boring, and there's an amusing song or sound playing as clarkson provides some banter.

also, the HALO jumper could have been one of "The Stig's _____Cousins". that would have been funny.

Definitely a little better, they started off the 1st episode with barely a 7, and this one is a very high 7. Would have been an 8 if Rutledge would extinguish a little of the fire, or if the army car segment would have had just a bit more polish. Im glad they are on the right track, but the real question is... how much better are they capable of getting? The presenters are ok, but not confidence inspiring.I hope theyre not on a 7-8ish plateau.

EDIT: they either need to do a proper intro for the stig or just cut to him and not say anything at all. The halfassness way they intro him is killing me.

Last edited:
7/10

the films are beginning to become consistently good. the production is almost up to TG:UK quality, wont be long. i gave it a seven because i (like 95% percent of the people on here) think the studio segments are just terrible. cant wait till they are less scripted. Rut hugging the truck was pretty funny but the forced crowd reactions are kinda lame. Rut is by far the most natural presenter on the show. as far as that paintball thing, well, i would have scrapped it and done a news segment IMO. again, things are looking up and i cant wait till the day when we can all stop saying "things are looking up" or "its getting better" and just say "wow, that was fun". also, it was very refreshing to see them being critical even to the mercedes. was it just me or was mercedes NOT the sponsor of this weeks show? maybe i missed it...hmmm

anyways, good show, i had fun.

The in studio stuff was so stiff, which is unfortunate because I liked the SLS segment and Raptor segment a lot. They felt more natural and showed they can do good commentary. Maybe they should consider straight forward segues rather trying to tease each other and crack jokes. Still, I enjoyed it.

IMO, it's no different from Jeremy kissing the steering wheel of the Volvo in 4x03 or him licking his Ford GT in 6x03, or even Adam in his Caddie last week.

Very valid point. Although it wasn't so much as the action that seemed lame, it was the way in which Rutledge delivered it that made it seem like an "awkward" moment.

I liked it. It held my attention better than last week.

The show is becoming fun and attention-grabbing. I like it. Good job. :) I have, admittedly, been rating a little high on the first 3, but I say this one was genuinely an 8.

-Eric

I was at the filming of this ep, I wonder if I made it on camera. I'll find out when I can get to a tv

He only issue I had with the raptor bit was that it was identically staged to the hammond/Porsche race on corsica.