Votes: 53 32.7%

Votes: 15 9.3%

Votes: 8 4.9%

Votes: 3 1.9%

Votes: 5 3.1%

Votes: 2 1.2%

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
And correct me if I am wrong but the original TG never used a modified car on the test track that could not be bought turn key from a dealer?

Its no different than Brabus with the Mercedes, Overfinch with the Range Rover, or that one Company with the Convertible Bmw.

Last edited:
It was good right up until the Hummer/paintball segment, it didn't make much sense and seemed like a time filler that not much effort was put into creating. It also looked like Adam was sitting awfully close in the SLS, is he really that short? Rutledge is getting worse as the episodes pass by, awful moments with the Raptor, bad interviewing hipster Kid Rock and even worse lap commentary.

And correct me if I am wrong but the original TG never used a modified car on the test track that could not be bought turn key from a dealer?

Well correct me if I am wrong by that was Foust with the Raptor and lap commentary... Or do you mean the hug and his commentary of Kid Rock's lap? The hug was funny and they've never had good commentary of guests laps.

And this isn't TGUK, who cares if they put a modified car around the track. And yes, TGUK did this all the time with Evos, Mercs, etc.

The stig needs a soundtrack to make his segment more interesting to the normal viewer. in TGUK, powerlaps are amusing because the commentary isn't repetitive and boring, and there's an amusing song or sound playing as clarkson provides some banter.

also, the HALO jumper could have been one of "The Stig's _____Cousins". that would have been funny.

Have not the Stig's cousins only appeared in themed group challenges?

True, but when you dealing with exotic cars like the Gumperts, Ascaris, Nobles, what's the difference? It's frankly probably easier to get a Raptor tuned than any of those.

I am sooooo glad to see the Raptor on one of the Top Gears. Little chance we'll ever see it on proper TG but still great to see here. Even though the challenege was a rehash, it was a lot better than the original. I really liked the SLS review. We are still far off from any sort of Clarksonian caliber review, but I enjoyed it and was surprised what was said given the Mercedes sponsorship.

Kid Rock was actually a pretty good interview and I'm glad I didn't skip over it. The last segment though was sorta a waste of time. It seemed like it could have been cool but nothing really happened and it didn't make sense. Would have rather seen a news segment.

8 for me. This show really has improved. The chemistry and personalities are also starting to emerge.

Last edited:
also, the HALO jumper could have been one of "The Stig's _____Cousins". that would have been funny.

I was yelling at my TV.

"C'mon, Faust! It's Black-Ops Stig for crying out loud!

i just dont think the Stig's STIG-MA (sorry ;) ) is strong enough for the cousin jokes yet. i just dont think the first time views would understand

Solid 8.

The Raptor segment was actually very well shot and quite exciting. I felt as if it was a better copy of the one where Hammond did it. Really thought that the car would win but once again at the very last second the parachutist had win DAMN!

The Mercedes segment was mehh. The commentary was ok except for the funny disappointments comments of the car. Im 6 feet and I dont even think I could reach that stupid handle bar.

Kid Rock was alright. Not something special.

The Hummer part was super half assed. Didnt really care for it. But so typical for Adam for choosing the El Camino and Wood for the Del Sol

I gave it an Obligitory 10, because it had an El Camino in it. :p

But in all seriousness, I'd say it deserves a solid 7.

The Raptor bit was awesome, it just makes me want one even more now. God damn I want a Raptor.

The weakest point was cerainly the paintball segment, why was tanner not there? It was too short also.

Over all, the show is still getting better, but it still needs some work.

The Raptor segment was the best in the season so far, everything else in this episode needed a bit of work.

This episode should have been the first episode. I would have given it a 10 except for the paintball stupidity. That time should have been filled with a news segment. I actually liked Tanner's HALO segment better than when Hammond did it first. To the producers, it is now time to STOP having Adam say what TOP GEAR is not. Why does their need to be any comparison to "reality shows". How many episodes is Tanner going to explain that the Stig is the fourth member of the team. Don't you think that most of the views already know that and the ones who don't will figure it out when they see him every episode.

The F-150 segment was great. It borrows the idea from TGUK, but TGUK would probably never test a truck. So that's something with a definite American feel to it. I'm surprised they didn't give a glowing review to the SLS. But I think he's right, the rear end of the SLS just doesn't look that good. And while 197mph top speed is fast, they should've at least got it to 200. Maybe they are planning a Black Series? The Hummer challenge is way to rushed. I wouldn't mind if they just filled the time by stretching the other segments a little bit or maybe fill it with the news.

i dont wanna jinx anything but, nobody has voted it a 1 yet! are we beginning to see those people that voted 1's and swore to never watch again finally NOT watching again? good, i got sick of the post's.

Watching the paintball/new military car segment, I began to wonder if the show as a whole would benefit from being 90 minutes long instead of an hour (with commercials, obviously). It seemed like there should've been a hell of a lot more to it than there was.

Couldn't agree more. I would've liked a TGUK Amphibious Cars (Season 8) type build up showing how they made their cars etc, but just my opinion. It did appear a slightly rushed ending. One minute they're shooting, next minute Rutledge has made it to the other side and won? :blink:

I really like the show though. Sik Pony won't like this but Tanner has become my favourite host :p. I just think films like the Raptor one can justify his Racing Driver/Non average blokeness! My only other worry (Adam) seems to have settled in nicely to his "Clarkson" type role if that's what you wanna call it.

Sik Pony said:
are we beginning to see those people that voted 1's and swore to never watch again finally NOT watching again? good, i got sick of the post's

Well I'm glad most of you gave it a chance! Even the first episode wasn't that bad, but I guess there's no pleasing some people... At least they were true to their word :p.

When they took the Raptor out on the test track and started praising it for it's time of 1:39, I nearly facepalmed... The Suzuki did a 1:43 in the hands of the guest moments later... The Stig could do a better time in the Suzuki probably. I think the Raptor is doomed to be at the bottom of their leader board for a long, long time, if not forever.

I also agree about the paintball segment being rushed. It could have been done much better. I kept looking at the clock "hey, isn't the show supposed to be over in 4 minutes?" and yet here they were starting a new segment on the show. It felt very short and rushed.

When they took the Raptor out on the test track and started praising it for it's time of 1:39, I nearly facepalmed... The Suzuki did a 1:43 in the hands of the guest moments later... The Stig could do a better time in the Suzuki probably. I think the Raptor is doomed to be at the bottom of their leader board for a long, long time, if not forever.
Yeah I'm really not sure why they decided to lap it, especially since like you said it's only on the Suzuki's pace. I kinda feel the show loses momentum during the laps, especially when there is 2 back to back.

I've been a pretty staunch defender of the show from the beginning, even when people were shitting all over it. I didn't like this episode at all. I didn't laugh once throughout the whole hour. Not even a giggle. There were so many missed opportunities for good jokes, I was yelling at my TV. The paintball segment had potential, but never got there. The Raptor segment was good, but they left out the fact that the Stig grenaded the 600's engine after 8 laps around the track. And the SLS segment repeated the same 5 points over and over.

This is Top Gear. When I watch an episode of UK top gear, there is at least 1 good joke per minute of TV. An average episode of TG US has about 1 joke every 4-5 minutes. This one had zero. Sorry, but I was disappointed.