iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

im having a horrible week. the trucks have been a complete crash fest for me at Daytona. im 0 for 4. haven't finished one race without some idiot doing something stupid.

Cheer up! Street stock and Spa will be out soon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pck4lf4vwPM[/youtube]

Want Spa now.... I wonder if the DP will be able to take Eau Rouge flat. I'm thinking not, but the first time I drive it I'll try!

Street stock looks kinda fun, but I'm not really into ovals that much. I want more road stuff!

Any plans for a new lighting/rendering engine? The game is somewhat appealing to me, just not pretty enough yet to justify the cost.

They are ok, it's just the lighting. The lighting is very weak and unrealistic. Is GT level too much to ask for? :p

They are ok, it's just the lighting. The lighting is very weak and unrealistic. Is GT level too much to ask for? :p

To be honest.. yes... iRacing isn't about how pretty it is, but how realistic it all feels. The lighting has been improved, and the sim as a whole is always improving and progressing. You should just try it out for a month. Then when you get hooked on it, you won't even care about the lighting.

I think they also want to aim at having a constant very high FPS which is important to keep a fluid multiplayer. If your computer stutters while trying to render complicated graphics then it might also stutter at sending and receiving info and that'd look weird for other drivers.
They look good enough, trust me when you're racing it's not about the graphics, it's about the driving and it'll require your full attention. The tracks and cars are detailed for the most part.

Right in time for the holidays! :D can't wait.

What is the Street Stock going to be used for? New Rookie class or something? Don't think I'll be using it that much to be honest. Spa though. Hurry up!

Also it's Watkins Cup this week for Grand Am. 30 minute race too. So there pretty quick. Personally it's my favourite track and car combo so I'm going to be pushing for some good strong points. Apparently I'm top of Div 2 at this stage. Only because a few missed last week I think.

The Street Stock is going to be the new rookie oval car. I'm probably not gonna race it, but I hope there'll be good road servers up.

i personally will be all over the street stock. Im a big oval guy myself. Don't get me wrong I love road racing but to me there is just something about Ovals that I enjoy more. The street stock on a track like lime rock would be crazy fun, i hope there will be some good hosted sessions up. I am really looking forward to Watkins glen this week in the prototype. should be really good.

Last edited:
I just out-qualified Darren Turner (Aston Martin LMP works driver) by 1.4 seconds in the Mustang at Mosport. :D

He has nearly 1,000 road starts, too. Maybe he's just having a bad day.

Or maybe you just out paced him? Either way it's pretty awesome!

I had a pretty bad week at Watkins. Missed out on a lot of points with a black flag for a supposed corner cut. Then later on had a big crash with a Mustang that didn't go where I thought it would. Probably more my fault then his to be honest. Tried another race and managed to get a good point haul, but not really enough. Was some entertaining races though.

Now onto Barber... I'm really bad at this track, so not expecting to much really...

I don't have Barber so I won't be racing. Watkins was insanity for me though. People kept trying to go to the outside of my Mustang on corner exits - I ended up squashing a DP into the tires in the final turn because he tried to go to the outside way too late, and I was already committed. Even staying off the throttle didn't keep me from bumping him.

The race at Mosport was weird. I got pole, and I led the field through the final corner, gas and brake at the same time like I always do (it results in biblical launches), but I hit a bump or something and the rear end snapped away and I drifted into the pits, getting a black flag in the process.

This resulted in off-pole getting a black flag too, because he "passed" me before the green, and we both served our penalty. We re-joined a lap down, bur right behind the leaders. We stayed with them and the rest of the field fell away. 1st and 2nd were having a good chase, so we didn't interfere and I just cruised. We gained a few spots when there were spins and crashes. I eventually made it to 9th at the final lap. I could see another racer up ahead who was on the same lap, and I was urging the leaders to catch him so I could gain another spot. The leaders caught him in the final turn. He outbraked himself and slid off the track. I sailed by and took his spot just before the line. Ended 8th.

Supposedly the Street Stock and Spa are being released tomorrow.

I know what you mean. I only ran the DP for races, but I imagine being in a Mustang would be pretty scary. I didn't really have any problems with traffic, because I'm quite patient, but sometimes, if your in a battle, you have to be a bit selfish and take greater risks. My only incident I had with a Mustang, was just silly. I was too patient, and the stang just sat dead center of the track. If he'd of tracked out like most people, there would have been no issues, but he just sat there, I was confused, and had to make a choice of right or left, and I chose right, without realising I had lost so much time to a DP that I went right in front of him and took both of us out. Mustang just carried on probably without even realising anything. But thats multi class racing. I mite put up a replay just because I'm still a bit confused by it.

I didn't know that brake and gas at the same time. Wonder if it works in the DP too? Sounds like you had a good race even if you got a black flag. I hate it when that happens, and you know you have the pace to win though. Happened to me a few times this season.

I'm so excited for Spa! There will probably be a tonne of hosted sessions with spa and street stock running. Which I'll be keen to run.