Help ID this car (PIC of car side doors at night only)

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
First of all:

1. no its not my car

2. no I wasn't present at this accident

3. no, I don't know who it belongs to.

4. accident was in the US, so no euro-market or asian-market only car suggestions, please.

My friend is working on some car accident-related web blog and forwarded all these pics to me to help ID car models because she knows nothing about cars, but frankly I'm stumped at which model this is, but based on the door panels and handles as well as factory rims, I'm sure someone here will recognize them. I already ID'ed the rest which is why I'm not posting them.

http://img190.imageshack.**/img190/9643/caraccident.jpg

First of all:

1. no its not my car

2. no I wasn't present at this accident

3. no, I don't know who it belongs to.

My friend is working on some car accident-related web blog and forwarded all these pics to me to help ID car models because she knows nothing about cars, but frankly I'm stumped at which model this is, but based on the door panels and handles as well as factory rims, I'm sure someone here will recognize them. I already ID'ed the rest which is why I'm not posting them.

http://img190.imageshack.**/img190/9643/caraccident.jpg

AT first glance it looks like a 08 Saab 9-3 2.0T, but the window lines don't sweep up at the end, it might be the BMW

YS3FB49Y381117980_030_LG.jpg

E60 BMW 5 series Def

166_side.jpg

Those lines look like it might be from an E60

I could be wrong but normally I could tell from the rims, but the rims don't look stock

I say the BMW

Last edited:
That is an an 08 Saab 9-3 2.0T I believe

YS3FB49Y381117980_030_LG.jpg

ehhh rear window is all wrong... the crashed car's lower rear window lip stays parallel to the line of the door handles it doesn't have the swoop up that the 9-3 has. Assuming factory alloys the wheels remind me of honda or nissan.

Last edited:
If it helps you'll notice the driver side door mirror has a turn signal light strip on it, that safely rules out the BMW or Saab pictured above, neither of which possess that on their mirrors

I don't have anything constructive to add, but this topic is really highlighting how generic some cars are....

Not a Nissan Altima or Maxima, though the wheels look like the ones they have. This is really difficult.

Since its in Sri- Lanka that makes the car a bit harder to identify *Scratch that*

We should have a game show for this stuff lol

Last edited:
The wheel looks like it's a Volkswagen wheel to me for some reason. I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that it's something like a Passat.

Edit: I'm fairly certain it's a Jetta, the Passat is bigger than this.

Edit: It's a Jetta, that's my final answer, Alex.

Last edited:
The collective automotive knowledge on this place is astounding.......

It's not a Jetta, look at the doorhandles

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/ar/archie411/2010/12/14/2xx9.jpg

VW_jetta_gli_05-1024.jpg

They don't match, as well as the C-pillar windows.

By how small and uncomfortable the handles look on the crashed car, I'm guessing some Chinese knock-off?

Last edited: