Gran Turismo 5

That's odd, I only have 1 gold in AMG intermediate and got time/weather Nurburgring in the practice mode.

So you have the regular, the night, the 4 hour, and the 24 hour endurance tracks?

Just tried it again...2 seconds off....:censored:

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll try modding the Toyota! That 2J is a beast.

What do they do? I've always ignored them.

I haven't figured it out - it behaves differently than expected with everything I've tried or assumed. It's bound to mean something though and I've tried to pick drivers with an up arrow for the multi-driver events when possible. I've noticed it will go down if I run an entire championship so I've assumed it's fatigue or performance related somehow.

Last edited:
Finally won the historic Deep Forest race with the Countach, what an annoying race. The Toyota 7 really flies on the straights. The thing is, now I'm only Formula GT cup and all except one endurances short of winning all A-spec races but I only have 2,5 mil credits and the Formula GTs go for 5+ when used right? Where the hell am I supposed to get the credits for it, even the endurances pay crap.

I haven't figured it out - it behaves differently than expected with everything I've tried or assumed. It's bound to mean something though and I've tried to pick drivers with an up arrow for the multi-driver events when possible. I've noticed it will go down if I run an entire championship so I've assumed it's fatigue or performance related somehow.
I always understood the arrows as fatigue, so the drivers with the arrow down would like a few days off, and the guys with the arrow up would like to go racing. I'll see whether I can confirm that...

EDIT: from GTPlanet
"indicates whether the driver is in good or bad form," says the in-game manual.

Last edited:
I always understood the arrows as fatigue, so the drivers with the arrow down would like a few days off, and the guys with the arrow up would like to go racing. I'll see whether I can confirm that...

EDIT: from GTPlanet

I take that with a grain of salt though. I've taken a level 20 or so driver who's arrow is down and put him in a level 7 or so race and had the arrow come back up after the race. Seems that if he's tired, he'd be even more tired after another race. It's the best explanation I've heard, but I think it's still lacking.

Online manual? I could find nothing about it in the manual, the online manual, or on PD's website. Everything I've seen so far has been speculation. Documentation for the game is lacking.

I take that with a grain of salt though. I've taken a level 20 or so driver who's arrow is down and put him in a level 7 or so race and had the arrow come back up after the race. Seems that if he's tired, he'd be even more tired after another race. It's the best explanation I've heard, but I think it's still lacking.
I suppose that the amount of physical and mental strength a race drains also plays a huge role in how fatiguing a race is for the driver. An experienced driver will master a short lower-class race with ease and will probably not lose any strength at all, and the victory may cheer him up as well, so it may happen that a tired driver comes out of a simple race with a good motivation.

I suppose that the amount of physical and mental strength a race drains also plays a huge role in how fatiguing a race is for the driver. An experienced driver will master a short lower-class race with ease and will probably not lose any strength at all, and the victory may cheer him up as well, so it may happen that a tired driver comes out of a simple race with a good motivation.

That's pretty much the idea I've been working from.

I throw my rookies in the Veyron for the French race and the go do something else too.

Last edited:
I have regular, time/weather and the 4 hour track. Don't have the 24 hour track.

I thought the 24 hour WAS the time/weather? I have time, but no weather. :(

I thought the 24 hour WAS the time/weather? I have time, but no weather. :(

There are 4 layouts of the Nurburgring. The is the Ring itself, the gp track, the type v layout and the 24 hour layout. When you unlock the ring, you get the ring sunny and the ring with time and weather enabled. Get all silver and you get the type v layout sunny and the type v layout with time and weather. Get all gold you get the 24 hour layout in sunny and with time and weather enabled. There is no Ring version with only time enabled as far as I'm aware.

Actually there is...or rather was. On the original, unpatched version of the game, all silver on intermediate level gave you Nurburgring, time change only. This was the version I was playing, I haven't bothered connecting to PSN since I got GT5.

Sorry for the confusion.

I've done so many laps at the 'ring with my C63 grinding away. Trying to get to level 22....man this takes a long time.

So, I made racing modifications to my '69 Camaro and I'm having trouble fine-tuning the suspension for the Nostalgia Supercar Suzuka race. Any suggestions?

I did that race with a fully loaded Challenger. Just gave it all power, and didn't touch the handling. A 750+hp 1970 Challenger on stock suspension worked out much better than I thought it would.

Yeah, call the whole game unrealistic just because a randomly-generated amount of kms appeared on a car that, realistically, shouldn't have that much. :rolleyes:

I did that race with a fully loaded Challenger. Just gave it all power, and didn't touch the handling. A 750+hp 1970 Challenger on stock suspension worked out much better than I thought it would.

Have you done the Classic Muscle Car race and won the Buick Special? I used that, untuned, and won easily. It is damn quick on the straights.

Yeah, call the whole game unrealistic just because a randomly-generated amount of kms appeared on a car that, realistically, shouldn't have that much. :rolleyes:

It was a sarcastic joke. It is unlikely any e-type would make 350k km. :p

Have you done the Classic Muscle Car race and won the Buick Special? I used that, untuned, and won easily. It is damn quick on the straights.

I do have the Buick, but I made the mistake of tuning it. Now its useless anywhere but the dragstrip.