Happy Festivus 2010 everyone - time to post your grievances

Punisher Bass

He who drives a Buick
Car(s)
98 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
I did one of these threads last year, so why not try and start a tradition?

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/12/17/festivus.jpg

This is The Airing Of Grievances, post some of the ways you've been disappointed over the last year.

Here's my little list.

- The Final Gear GTP for losing its wheel while we were in 3rd place which knocked us down to 83rd.
- The transmission in my car for going out while I was 800 miles from home and leaving me $2,000 poorer and stuck in South Carolina for 10 days.
- Shane Carwin for gassing out at UFC 116 against Brock Lesnar and then getting submitted.
- Chale Sonnen for beating the crap out of Anderson Silva for 23 minutes and then getting caught in a triangle choke.
- My St. Louis Cardinals for failing to win the World Series again.
- GM for still treating Buick like a red headed stepchild.
- Everyone behind the US Top Gear for looking at the finished product and giving a thumbs up.
- Jalopnik/Gawker for letting Murilee go, thus making my weekends a little dimmer.

So what have you guys got to add?

Last edited:
Happy what?

I got as far as the first sentence and stopped. That is already the dumbest thing I have experienced all year.

I'm a Seinfeld fan so here goes.

-Ferrari and Alonso for screwing up the last race of the championship after doing the most spectacular comeback of recent F1 history.
-Ferrari again for the headlights on the 458.
-The FIA for approving the using of turbo'd I4s.
-Portugal's economy for obvious reasons.
-The call center I'm working at for paying shittily.
-The game industry for disappointing me several times around by hugely overhyping titles such as F1 2010, CoD: BO, NFS: HP, and of course then failing to meet expectations.
-FIFA for awarding the World cups to countries that are obviously not ready or really that interested in football to host such an event (ahem, Qatar, ahem).
-My Sony laptop for dying on me without previous warning, a mere 2 months after the 3 year warranty expired.

I think that's it for now....
The next person can have the Festivus pole.

• The rest of you for not using sweet bullets like this

Happy Festivus everyone!

seinfeld-festivusjpg.jpg

Last edited:
* The officials in the two Man Utd Chelsea games for the wrong decisions that cost us the title.
* Manchester City Football Club - Just because.
* EA Sports for releasing FIFA11 riddled with bugs.
* The Government for continuing to screw British motorists.
* The entire England Football team for the worst display in a World Cup ever.
* FIFA and Septic Bladder for the awards of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups - despite other countries having better bids.
* Ferrari for screwing Fillipe Massa constantly.
* Darron Gibson, for taking a space at Man Utd that could have gone to someone useful.

People, as a rule, in general, no exceptions.

What? Hell yeah I'm fun to be around............

Occasionaly :p

If I may take the pole (ahem) again.

* Ben Collins and HarperCollins books for RUINING the Stig for everyone.

Thanks.

It's 3 days early, but what the hell:
"I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're going to hear about it."

? My Tbird, for throwing 2 rods in the parking lot at work.

? The woman at work who says incredibly offensive things, and covers her ass by saying "please don't be offended" rather than just keeping her mouth shut. Sir Terry Pratchett said it best in "The Truth:" William wondered why he always dislike people who said "no offence meant". Maybe it was because they found it easier to say "no offence meant" than actually refrain from giving offence.

? Another woman at work who, when caught falsifying jury duty, threatened the life of a co-worker and called another co-worker the "N" word.

? My company, for not firing the stupid b!tch.

? My a-mom, who after promising me that she wouldn't tell my dad when I said that I would try to visit but couldn't make any promises because I would have to borrow my sister's car, went ahead and told my dad that I would definitely be visiting.

? And lastly, myself for being so desperate to have a car that I went ahead and bought a 1997 Toyota Sprinter 1.6 liter - a car woefully inadequate to the task of a round trip from Sacramento to Las Vegas and back for the 2011 SEMA show. Now I have to save up money to buy another car equipped for long distance driving.

Well,

First of all the parking/transportation people at my school. For f__king up on your damn policies, failing in every way shape or form at your duties, lying to me, and for treating motorcyclists like second class citizens.

My company, for promoting that jerk instead of firing him!

My Saab, for having something break every-time I turn the damn key.

Every bureaucratic busybody who has introduced a stupid, useless law this year.

I'm pretty sure there will be more as soon as I can think of them. But for now, in keeping with the Top Gear theme of this forum, I think we'll add a little Adam Ferrara.

(And yes it is relevant to the topic)

? The woman at work who says incredibly offensive things, and covers her ass by saying "please don't be offended" rather than just keeping her mouth shut. Sir Terry Pratchett said it best in "The Truth:" William wondered why he always dislike people who said "no offence meant". Maybe it was because they found it easier to say "no offence meant" than actually refrain from giving offence.

In the beginning, although the whole scene is great!

http://img510.imageshack.**/img510/9186/l90d02bc9c9d8e32cee579a.jpg