Our own motoring-related videos

Damn, they must have changed it in the last couple of minutes. It was worldwide available before.

EDIT: I changed the music and now it works -- at least for those outside Germany.

Last edited:
Might as well put these here...

my 740iL taken with my Droid X on local roads (was shot for someone on my 7 series boards to hear what the open exhaust sounded like from inside the car):

And my old V8 RX7 at an autocross back in about '96

What I've been up to today:

Driving to work through Northern Sydney .. ruined by multiple Astras, speed limits and rough roads
[video=youtube;s-WP5ECl7RQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WP5ECl7RQ[/video]

You were just about to drive past my place at the 8:10 mark but you cut straight to Edgeworth David Ave :(

There's only so many white M3s around here at the moment so I've probably seen you driving around :)

I was surprised to see that orange exo-caged truck didn't have any lockers.

If it were me, I'd put in lockers before I started truggying my whole truck out.

I was surprised to see that orange exo-caged truck didn't have any lockers.

Ditto, quite a few didn't have lockers installed. The reasoning seems to be it reduces the chances of breaking halfshafts and differentials and if they spend the money on a fast winch they'll use that instead, reducing the risk while still being as quick. Having said that though you did get 50 points if you cleared a punch without winching or cheating.

Driving to work through Northern Sydney .. ruined by multiple Astras, speed limits and rough roads
[video=youtube;s-WP5ECl7RQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WP5ECl7RQ[/video]

I would really like to see a start and end point, for example on a Google Earth screenshot, of this route, since I always find such videos fascinating and wanna see how it looks like there, especially when you have Goofle streetview.

^ Can help with that. I'm not sure of the exact starting point, but I know from 0:25 through to the end, 0:25 being right alongside the Willoughby Porsche Centre.
Screenshot2010-12-19at123527AM.png

I'm guessing that would have been about a 25min drive (traffic dependent) edited down.

MacGuffin, you might find this interesting

It's a drive through downtown where I live, with the E-Class Coupe.

No car videos yet, planning on getting a FLIP camera in the spring like the one I borrowed for this quick bike video:

^ Can help with that. I'm not sure of the exact starting point, but I know from 0:25 through to the end, 0:25 being right alongside the Willoughby Porsche Centre.

I'm guessing that would have been about a 25min drive (traffic dependent) edited down.

MacGuffin, you might find this interesting

It's a drive through downtown where I live, with the E-Class Coupe.

What's that strange humming noise? It sounds like the fuel pump in my old Audi 200 turbo, which was behind the back seats and also produced such a hum.

Here's a video I made today. I suppose they ran out of salt soon this winter, because the roads haven't been cleared in 3 days. This means there is a thick layer of pure ice underneath the snow on all streets. Even with brand new winter tires it's a struggle to get the car moving at traffic lights, where all the previous cars left a very slick surface, and corners are really tricky. I planned to do some drifting but under such conditions, the only way to drift is into a tree or lamp post or parked cars. With no grip at all, you simply spin out of control, when you're not a certified rallye driver. And I'm not.

Watch in HD!

Unfortunately the video is blocked for Germany but I suppose my fellow Germans have the same situation all over the country now and don't need to watch another bloke driving in such conditions ;) The ending, where I face the rising sun, was unplanned but is a nice touch, I think :)

Last edited:
Reactions: lip

Thanks Suspense. That route is pretty much spot on. The starting point is the corner of Chandos Street and Willoughby Road in Crows Nest (about 15mm south of point A). 25 minutes on a good day, but it can blow out to 40 minutes when the school zones are active. I guess you must be in Nth Turramurra/Wahroonga (near Rose Seidler House).

And here's part 2 of the winter drive, now also available for Germans, since YouTube obviously doesn't know all music :p

Basically I'm going half the same way back, then go through an industrial area near by the Ems-Jade-channel instead, cross the bridge over the railway tracks (which is the biggest slope in town actually) and finally stop at a bakery to get something for breakfast.

Watch for the lady with the Land Rover at the end. First she didn't speed up to let me change lanes and slows down veeeery carefully before the lights, then, when the lights go green, she's accelerating full throttle like crazy. Obviously she is afraid of braking in her heavy tractor but enjoys the feeling of having better traction than others :p Quite an erratic way of driving, though.

Last edited:
What's that strange humming noise? It sounds like the fuel pump in my old Audi 200 turbo, which was behind the back seats and also produced such a hum.

Yeah, always thought it's the fuel pump. Don't have any reason to think otherwise.

I uploaded the two winter drive videos again, because I wasn't satisfied with them. Now I faded out the car's noises almost completely and put some music on them, that fits better to a winter mood. I hope that makes sense to anyone :)

Part 1 is still blocked for Germany, because they think it might contain UMG contents but aren't sure (it doesn't). But there is no use in complaining, as I have checked out.

Maybe I really should give Vimeo a chance...

Last edited:
Made this video shortly after sunset today. Merry Christmas everyone :)

[video=youtube;6WvS_cH-pzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WvS_cH-pzs[/video]

Last edited:

This is a try to see, if uploading to Vimeo is less troublesome than YouTube. If anyone can't watch this video, please tell me.