Beer

Yeah I'm not sure what I want to do since my apartment is already pretty full with furniture as it is. I want to get a cheap bookcase to put them on, but space is the issue.... And damnit it's impossible to read that last line NOT in his voice.

A bookcase sounds like a good idea. If you could find one that wasn't even that wide, just tall and deep, it would work pretty well.

Well the local Walmart sells those flat-pack bookcases that are ~6 feet high, ~12 inches deep and ~28 inches wide with adjustable shelves, so that wouldn't be TOO bad.

And I estimated those measurements because I can't be bothered to type out the exacts right now.

10,000.JPG

Just got Bell's Batch 10,000, wrote a long reply but it got deleted. 100 fermentables, 60 hop varities, it's crazy smooth and yet there is so much going on. Only $20 a six pack!

Well the local Walmart sells those flat-pack bookcases that are ~6 feet high, ~12 inches deep and ~28 inches wide with adjustable shelves, so that wouldn't be TOO bad.

And I estimated those measurements because I can't be bothered to type out the exacts right now.

Maybe CD/DVD shelves could be looked-at, too, if you didn't want to have your bottles 4-5 deep. Ikea makes some really tall (like 79") but only about 8-10" wide, so they can fit into just about anywhere. They have adjustable shelves, too. I had a few of these that I used as DVD/CD storage spread around the living room and it was great because the slim places they fit would have been wasted space otherwise (like flanking a doorway), and I'd still have to find another place to store the disks.

Ikea makes some really tall (like 79") but only about 8-10" wide, so they can fit into just about anywhere.
That's BENNO. :) May I also recommend EXPEDIT, 4 shelves high and 1 wide? It's got a bigger footprint, but still fits into places where other shelves don't.

Oh yes, I used to work in an IKEA store. ;-)

Hey Der Stig, I drank the Weihenstephaner Kristallweissbier finally. It tasted great. Maybe even a bit more taste than the Ayinger hefe-weizen (which is my favorite). The only problem I found with it was the Kristall part. Its completely clear, it makes you feel like you're drinking a Weizen-light. I don't want to say it was more watery than a normal hefe-weizen, because it wasn't watery, but it felt more "drinkable" if it were a hot day.

All in all it was exactly what a Kristallweissbier should be. It tasted great and was crystal clear. I just prefer a nice unfiltered weizen.

Yeah yeah :p

And reading through the list I made, the only Trappist I haven't had any of is Koningshoeven. Hmph.

As far as trappistes go, La Trappe is pretty meh. It's still a very good beer, yet all other trappistes are better IMHO.

Had a couple of beers tonight.

https://pic.armedcats.net/h/h-/h-p/2010/12/18/IMG_0582.JPG

One on the left is this years christmas beer. Taste is... interesting. But I quite like the one on the right. It's one of those proper wheat beers where you can't see through the class after you pour it in.

Yes, I know it's canned, but the brewery is still quite small.

Last edited:
Hey Der Stig, I drank the Weihenstephaner Kristallweissbier finally. It tasted great. Maybe even a bit more taste than the Ayinger hefe-weizen (which is my favorite). The only problem I found with it was the Kristall part. Its completely clear, it makes you feel like you're drinking a Weizen-light. I don't want to say it was more watery than a normal hefe-weizen, because it wasn't watery, but it felt more "drinkable" if it were a hot day.

All in all it was exactly what a Kristallweissbier should be. It tasted great and was crystal clear. I just prefer a nice unfiltered weizen.

Sounds like a good summer beer, then.

Also, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. It's good. :p

Also, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. It's good. :p

Another Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout fan! Nice.

Had this yesterday:

gd_oakyeti_02.jpg

It was ok, nothing special at all. Mostly just tasted like every other imperial stout out there. It actually smelled better than it tasted. You could smell the chocolate, but you couldn't taste it (or at least I couldn't).

Sometimes with a 750ml bottle you think "I drank it all already?" and other times you think "crap I have that much left?" With this beer, it was the latter.

Last night I had the Boulevard Smokestack Collaboration No.1 Imperial Pilsner (collab between Boulevard and Duval). It was a very good pilsner, right up to the point where it got too warm. Then it wasn't. But that's sort of my own fault, pilsner's aren't made to be enjoyed warm.

Last edited:
https://pic.armedcats.net/t/tw/twerp129/2010/12/21/photo.JPG

I know it's the wrong way, I'm lazy.

I think I have a problem with Dogfish, I just buy it all. Never had an average beer from them, I think the worst was their Indian Brown which was only, "Pretty Good." Spent way too much yesterday, 2 World Wide Stout, 2 Pangea, 2 Sah Tea, a Theobrama, and a Chateau Jiahu, and I got the Poppaskull for free (I got connections.) The biggest problem is I have to explain to every liqueur store employee, "I liked Dogfish before the damn show!"

"I liked Dogfish before the damn show!"

:lol: I know exactly what you mean. Then I tell them I've been drinking 120 for the past 3 years, then I have to explain to them what 120 is..

Anyway, how much did you pay for the World Wide Stout? The cheapest I've found it around here is $8.50

$8.59, but then I found it for $7.50 at another store.

:-o $7.50? That's great.

Just for reference, what would a single bottle of Burton Baton or Palo Santo Marron cost around your area?

You'll enjoy it. James May (and I) wouldn't steer you wrong.

I work at bar here in town with almost 300 beers. The latest that I have had have been Old Rasputin Anniversary Imperial Stout and the Terrapin Gamma Ray.