Ukanian winter driving technique is ummm... lacking.

Ukania, Ukania, land of the hopeless winter driver. House 1 BMW 0 AET.

It may surprise some of you, I live in Ukania. I spun my Pug 180 degs the other night - w00t! No damage done = lucky B'stard. ?.

Last edited:
It's hard to notice the car is still in gear when the driven wheels don't have any grip at all, it seems.... ouch. :D

Ahahahahaha.

Snow driving: It isn't rocket science. Good snow tires + common sense = no problem.

Where is Ukaine and why do they drive on the wrong side of the road? I would assume the Ukraine was much better at that sort of thing, but it seems I was misstaken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9tKmtLroYI

After looking at my map, I have found the Ukaine. Their tanks too are defeated by snow.
[video=youtube;au-RkJdwXsA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au-RkJdwXsA[/video]

Last edited:
It's hard to notice the car is still in gear when the driven wheels don't have any grip at all, it seems.... ouch. :D
I think she did that on purpose:

"Naahhhhaaaaa, I have a great idea! I'll leave the car in gear with the wheels spinning and get out and push."

And technically she did get the car moving because of that, so she was successful. :shifty:

Last edited:
I also like that she tries clearing snow from in front of the front wheels, but not the rear wheels, of her RWD car :lol:

What the fuck kind of shitty ass tank can't move in snow???

Tank treads are made out of smooth metal blocks. Doesn't work real well on ice, which is what they're driving on.

Which is why they made tank tread covers out of rubber - for driving on roads and for icy conditions. Of course, in war, tanks aren't going to be restricted to roads.

It probably would move on the snow just fine the problem was with the ice. Snowmobiles are also pretty much useless on ice covered roads like that. The tracks are made to work on soft surfaces so they don't grip too well on a solid surface. Another issue with the snowmobiles are the carbide runners under the skis which don't want to move anywhere on a tarmac.

Tanks and other tracked vehicles do really, really well on snow. Just not ice.

SOP for most tracked vehicle operators under combat conditions is that if ice is encountered on the road, drive on the median or shoulder instead.

Well technically...she had the time to push out the car and run back into it to stop it. She was just too clumsy.

(I'm not defending her idea to get out of the car in the first place )

I also like that she tries clearing snow from in front of the front wheels, but not the rear wheels, of her RWD car :lol:

Makes some sense though, if there is a hill in front of the non-driven wheels then the driven wheels have more work to do, pushing the car up that hill.

It hasn't bothered me yet. I have found it funny that most 'snow driving failure' videos that appear on news montages here more often than not involve a BMW 1-series.

That tank video was hilrious though.

I have found it funny that most 'snow driving failure' videos that appear on news montages here more often than not involve a BMW 1-series.

My count of cars that required a push (or two) to get going around here confirms that, just replace 1-series with 3-series.

Ukania, Ukania, land of the hopeless winter driver. House 1 BMW 0 AET.

It may surprise some of you, I live in Ukania. I spun my Pug 180 degs the other night - w00t! No damage done = lucky B'stard. ?.

Same here, I didnt spin, but I did go 30mph too fast down a country lane that had been converted into an ice rink and went sailing through THE only gap in the hedge row at the end of the road. I missed a medievel gate post by about 2 inches and ended up 25-30m into some mans field.

I tried to launch the car back out of the field because I knew it would get stuck on the verge but I didnt go quite fast enough and we got stuck anyway. My girlfriends mum had to come rescue us with planks of wood and a spade!

but No damage done = Lucky B'stard

This woman in that video is prime example of the kind of stupidness taking over this country and I guess perfect reason why BMW should really just throw the towel in and make their little cars FWD... no one who buys them will ever know whether is FWD, RWD or Side Wheel Drive.