Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Senate repeals dadt. Goes to pres for signature.

Ah you beat me to it was on my way to post the same thing.

Good work that.

I am getting the list of worthless scumbag senators who voted against it now.

Six Republicans voted for the repeal initially.

Susan Collins (R-Maine), Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), Scott Brown (R-Mass.), Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) and George Voinovich (R-Ohio).

Later on two more switched their votes Sens. John Ensign (R-Nev.) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.).

Looks like this is the list of reps who voted against it.

Richard Shelby (R)
Jeff Sessions (R)
Mike Johanns (R)
John McCain (R)
Jon Kyl (R)
Judd Gregg (R) is a fucking coward too he is retiring and still couldn't vote for it.
George LeMieux (R),
Saxby Chambliss (R)
Johnny Isakson (R)
Jim Inhofe (R)
Tom Coburn (R)
Mike Crapo (R)
Jim Risch (R)
Richard Lugar (R)
Lindsey Graham (R)
Jim DeMint (R)
Chuck Grassley (R)
John Thune (R)
Sam Brownback (R)
Pat Roberts (R)
Lamar Alexander (R)
Bob Corker (R)
Mitch McConnell (R)
Jim Bunning (R)
Kay Bailey Hutchison (R)
John Cornyn (R)
David Vitter (R)
Orrin Hatch (R)
Bob Bennett (R)
Thad Cochran (R)
Roger Wicker (R)
Mike Enzi (R)
John Barrasso (R)
Kit Bond (R)

Last edited:
I bet that Sen. Orrin "Fuckwit" Hatch voted against it.

Scratch that old list a couple of reps and one dem just didn't vote for it period.

No Votes (31)
Member Party State
Lamar Alexander R TN
John Barrasso R WY
Robert F. Bennett R UT
Christopher S. Bond R MO
Sam Brownback R KS
Saxby Chambliss R GA
Tom Coburn R OK
Thad Cochran R MS
Bob Corker R TN
John Cornyn R TX
Michael D. Crapo R ID
Jim DeMint R SC
Michael B. Enzi R WY
Lindsey Graham R SC
Charles E. Grassley R IA
Kay Bailey Hutchison R TX
James M. Inhofe R OK
Johnny Isakson R GA
Mike Johanns R NE
Jon Kyl R AZ
George S. LeMieux R FL
Richard G. Lugar R IN
John McCain R AZ
Mitch McConnell R KY
Jim Risch R ID
Pat Roberts R KS
Jeff Sessions R AL
Richard C. Shelby R AL
John Thune R SD
David Vitter R LA
Roger Wicker R MS

Yes Votes (65)
Member Party State
Daniel K. Akaka D HI
Max Baucus D MT
Evan Bayh D IN
Mark Begich D AK
Michael Bennet D CO
Jeff Bingaman D NM
Barbara Boxer D CA
Scott Brown R MA
Sherrod Brown D OH
Richard M. Burr R NC
Maria Cantwell D WA
Benjamin L. Cardin D MD
Thomas R. Carper D DE
Bob Casey D PA
Susan Collins R ME
Kent Conrad D ND
Christopher A. Coons D DE
Christopher J. Dodd D CT
Byron L. Dorgan D ND
Richard J. Durbin D IL
John Ensign R NV
Russ Feingold D WI
Dianne Feinstein D CA
Al Franken D MN
Kirsten Gillibrand D NY
Kay Hagan D NC
Tom Harkin D IA
Daniel K. Inouye D HI
Tim Johnson D SD
John Kerry D MA
Mark Steven Kirk R IL
Amy Klobuchar D MN
Herb Kohl D WI
Mary L. Landrieu D LA
Frank R. Lautenberg D NJ
Patrick J. Leahy D VT
Carl Levin D MI
Joseph I. Lieberman ID CT
Blanche Lincoln D AR
Claire McCaskill D MO
Robert Menendez D NJ
Jeff Merkley D OR
Barbara A. Mikulski D MD
Lisa Murkowski R AK
Patty Murray D WA
Ben Nelson D NE
Bill Nelson D FL
Mark Pryor D AR
Jack Reed D RI
Harry Reid D NV
John D. Rockefeller IV D WV
Bernard Sanders I VT
Charles E. Schumer D NY
Jeanne Shaheen D NH
Olympia J. Snowe R ME
Arlen Specter D PA
Debbie Stabenow D MI
Jon Tester D MT
Mark Udall D CO
Tom Udall D NM
George V. Voinovich R OH
Mark Warner D VA
Jim Webb D VA
Sheldon Whitehouse D RI
Ron Wyden D OR

Did Not Vote (4)
Member Party State
Jim Bunning R KY
Judd Gregg R NH
Orrin G. Hatch R UT
Joe Manchin III D WV

Well, whack-a-diddle-doo. They got the fucking arses to stop being arses. Well, at least they're a little smaller arses now. Still quite big. Not Baby got back-big, but you know, large.

Ohh. Just came over the cutest argument ever in the comments under the story at FOX News:

Man on the internet said:
Some of the posts supporting the repeal of DADT say that gay soldiers are just as brave as their "straight" counterparts. That may well be true. But that's not the point. Homosexuality is a preversion, period. (I'm NOT religious in the least BTW. So if you thought I was some "Bible thumper", you were wrong.)

What if you found some "brave" child molesters. What that justify them serving in the military? I don't think so.

:D :D :D

Edit:

Another man on the internet said:
The biggest surprise in all of this is that the senate was working on a Saturday.

gets explained:

Yet another man on the internet said:
god is on our side - the side of justice or this would not have happened - he is all powerfull!

edit2: Oh, I liked this:

Tosser on the internet said:
Male cokcsuckers are perverted pansies.

Answered:

Funny man on the internet said:
So are female cokcsuckers, according to the UCMJ

I also liked:

King of Nicknames on the internet said:
This is why the odumbocrats lost congress all they care about are illegals and fudge packers.
January can't come soon enough so we can boot out the a-hole odumbocraps.

...odumbocrats! :lol:

I do think this bloke is a bit disrespectful. The first person I've bothered to get the correct nick off:

(_))#######D~~~ (__()__) said:
Just for that, I'm going to use an extra bible to wipe.

Now, that's not nice.

Last edited:
So Bennett, who is out at the end of the year said "No" and Hatch pussied out and didn't vote at all like the spineless twerp he is.

I know who isn't getting my vote at the next election.

McCain won't even get my vote in an internet Poll to establish the Top 200 currently serving US Senators who's had skin cancer.

I need to find the article again, but I started reading an article not long ago(last week I think) that basicly said "Watching Fox news make you dumber".

Last edited:
I was listening to these guys yesterday and they were discussing D.A.D.T. Someone phoned in stating that a Dutch unit in Afghanistan were pummeled by taliban forces because they allow gays in the armed forces.

Wait, what? So by that logic, military units who lost battles while on the defense did so because they had homosexual soldiers. And the radio hosts said as much back to the caller.

Republicans need to smarten up and as I have mentioned in past posts and threads, drop the morality issues.

They can't do that Jay. The Republicans think they are the moral compass of America and they are not going to let us forget it.

Us in Ukania are best mates with "Team America: World Police meets Jesus Camp." and have a special relationship too, poodle.

They can't do that Jay. Politicians think they are the moral compass everywhere and they are not going to let us forget it, even though they rank in the same regard as whores, pimps and criminals.

Fixed.

Last edited:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012784234_copshooting02m.html

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=956_1292627716

Seattle Cop decides that a partially deaf, permanently intoxicated Native American wood carver with a 3 inch craft knife is a threat to his safety, shoots him four times.

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH

/before anyone points out the age of the story, the camera footage was only released yesterday.

I've posted about this in the past, it's probably a ways back though. The cop has been relieved of his badge and firearm and the inquest is still pending. We have a lot of cop related violence up here and it's pretty unfortunate on both sides.

And on that note - Fuck you Mike Huckabee you religious dingleberry.

Edit: Figured I should clue people in towards the source of my rage for Huckadick, added link.

Last edited:
Blind_Io said:
So Bennett, who is out at the end of the year said "No" and Hatch pussied out and didn't vote at all like the spineless twerp he is.
Hatch also voted against the "First Responder" bill (along with almost all the other Senate Republicans), which would've set up a fund for 9/11 responders who are having health problems. So for 10 years, they've been more than happy to beat that 9/11 drum ... and now when they have the opportunity to do something meaningful, to have their actions live up to their rhetoric, they claim it "would add to the deficit". So they won't vote for it.

But it is in thier interest to beat the September eleventh drums, not pay any health bills.

Paying for health care is un-American. Not supporting 9/11-responders is un-American. Uhm, this is a hard one.