Your worst traffic annoyances

That would be me releasing the door handle and it slamming home back against the body. Cop cars did not get 'soft/quiet retract' door handles. Part of why that Crown Vic was $30K instead of $45K when new.

Last edited:
1. Same size spot, car still fits just fine.
IMG_8084.JPG

Uh oh, you car isn't in its spot completely straight! Better hope that Ice doesn't see this. :p

people who, when turning off a main road, stop in the middle and THEN turn their blinker on. your car is equipped with such notification devices for a reason.

people who, when turning off a main road, stop in the middle and THEN turn their blinker on. your car is equipped with such notification devices for a reason.

:nod: I often see people switch lanes, then indicate once to tell you they are done switching lanes :no:

I'm sending you a PM in a minute with a link to the PDF of the service manual section for your convertible top. It weighs in at 113 pages excluding the section on the manual top. Having skimmed it, I can only say the following: Volkswagen is INSANE.
And then they have it built by poor mexian workers who probably didn't even get to finish a grade school education. No wonder it is broken.

Because I am overly hijacking I will contribute to the people do not know how to switch lanes and turn off roads conversations and say 3x in the last month when coming off a highway exit that at the end has three lanes (left turn only, straigh and left turn, right turn only) I have had people in the left turn only lane turn onto the road (which then becomes another 3 lane road that is left turn only, straight, and straight and right turn) cut me off because I was in the proper middle lane for going straight AND THEN go into the right lane to take a right turn. :|
OK, switching to the middle lane is somewhat understandable, as f you were unfamiliar with the road you might not know that the left lane was left turn only, but WHY IN GODS NAME would you go into the left lane of a three lane road if you were intending to turn right after?

Her power top mechanism is completely broken; there's no way to raise or lower the top from outside the car without it. VAG kwalitee!
That sux :(
No I can open and close the windows by putting the key in the door and holding it. I cannot close the roof from the outside ever because the lever that locks it in place (and the button that operates it) are both in the middle of my car and could never reach it. There was never a button on the keyfob to control the roof.
If it's anything like my car, which being a VAG it most likely is, if you code the car to allow windows control from the keyfob you won't be able to lower the roof from it but you will be able to close the roof by holding down the lock button. I know this because my sun roof cannot be open from the keyfob (or by using the key in door technique) but it can be closed that way.

There is a lever that needs to be secured for it to be fully closed and that is in the middle of the car, so it is not possible to entirely close the roof electronically even when the motor is working. It would leave a good 1-2" of space open that would let in rain, bugs, and possibly small birds so it would be totally useless to be able to do that.

:nod: I often see people switch lanes, then indicate once to tell you they are done switching lanes :no:

I think most people think the indicator is something they have to use when changing lanes to not get fined, not to warn other people of their intentions.

There is a lever that needs to be secured for it to be fully closed and that is in the middle of the car, so it is not possible to entirely close the roof electronically even when the motor is working. It would leave a good 1-2" of space open that would let in rain, bugs, and possibly small birds so it would be totally useless to be able to do that.
Well boo @ it then :p