And the new Stig is...

GreenBullet

Car(s)
Subaru WRX
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/tv/2010/12/17/top-gea-s-new-stig-is-tiff-needell-115875-22788744/

:blink:

"TOP Gear favourite Tiff Needell is back on the show ? as a shock replacement for The Stig. The racing driver returns after a nine-year absence to put Slumdog Millionaire director Danny Boyle through his paces on the track.
In Tuesday?s show, Tiff, who has been presenting Five?s Fifth Gear, showed the movie maker how to drive in the popular Star in a Reasonably Priced Car spot."

i doubt that's real. The Stig isn't the Stig if you know who he really is.

i doubt that's real. The Stig isn't the Stig if you know who he really is.

I'm willing to bet you that it is real, though Tiff is only filling the instructor role that The Stig once filled.

Tiff was there on Wednesday and it was mentioned in the filming that he had instructed Danny Boyle on the driving skills needed. However, he wasn't dressed as The Stig, and certainly isn't going to be The Stig. It was a great opportunity for Jez to rib Tiff about 'being old' and 'coming out of retirement' and 'could he remember what it was like to have an audience' :lol:

My vote's still in for equiraptor as the new Stig(ette). Can I get a second/third/fourth...?

;)

The Rapunzel hair out the back might be a give-away though.