Random Thoughts....

I have a friend that complains about people giving her mixed messages then says things like

Code:
(12:01:04 AM) me: it's not really much of a choice :(
(12:01:13 AM) me: least you didn't say a guy or something
(12:01:19 AM) her: could be worse could be me ;)

That's like the ultimate in awkward questions to answer, I said something like 'yeah right' but probably could of handeled it smoother :p (FG'ers suggestions for smoother repsonses - I have a sneaking suspicion I was only let off this time)

Is it strange of me to actually look forward to working on Christmas?

I trimmed too much off the top of the conversation :O

The rest of the conversation was about people she thought liked me

I can't help but think

its_a_trap.jpg

The rest of the conversation was a bit 'off' as well, asking wierd questions about things like 'my judgement of charecter'

Also any opportunity to bust out admiral ackbar

I'm giving sister's kids iTunes gift cards for christmas. They are being wrapped in pop cases filled with pages of a Cabela's catalog that was sent to my house.

I got an iTunes gift card in the mail yesterday. I sent it back with a note saying I don't want to download a virus to pay for music I normally get for free. Except slightly more explicit.

If the people receiving the gifts are typical 13-year olds who know nothing about technology, but will spend exuberant amounts of money on anything starting with an "i". go ahead. But if it's anyone who knows the difference between a desktop, and the top of their desk, it's probably not going to go down too well as a gift.

And? Doesn't mean she can't flirt with you. Trust me, every single thing women say is either flirting with you, or getting ready to bitch-slap you. Sometimes both.

It's just left field because we've been friends for ages, so maybe I've been on the edge of being bitchslapped for a long time :p

I got an iTunes gift card in the mail yesterday. I sent it back with a note saying I don't want to download a virus to pay for music I normally get for free. Except slightly more explicit.

If the people receiving the gifts are typical 13-year olds who know nothing about technology, but will spend exuberant amounts of money on anything starting with an "i". go ahead. But if it's anyone who knows the difference between a desktop, and the top of their desk, it's probably not going to go down too well as a gift.

The fuck is this shit? One, only an asshole gets self righteous because they can use a torrent. Two, iTunes sells other things, including apps for their iPod Touches, which is probably what they're going to spend them on. Three, I know the kids a hell of a lot better than you do, if I wanted an opinion on what to get them I'd ask someone who knows them a bit better than you.

Not to be angry, but your post was uncalled for and a dick move. I was amusing myself and possibly others by overwrapping a gift card, I didn't want the opinion of some prick who thinks being able to download music is a special skill.

Last edited:

Why would you pay for it if you had a gift card?
Also something they sell on itunes is Top Gear. You can use that free money to support the show that is probably the reason you are on this forum in the first place.

This of it as an annual stimulus package for the economy :lol:

That's actually the exact same thing anyone can come up with that I bring this issue up with.

Whatever... go ahead people, stress the heck out of yourselves over a 'religious' holiday. See if I care. :p

So you know more about technology that a snot-nosed 13-year-old and you think iTunes downloads contain viruses? :lol:

Also, you are stealing the music you get for free. Not saying I'm above it, but I don't brag about it at least.

Last edited:
Woa - happy Christmas to one and all - season of goodwill to all men. ?

Any way only in work this AM - thence to the Pub for a quickie, then home for lunch and back to work on 04.01.2011 w00t!

So you know more about technology that a snot-nosed 13-year-old and you think iTunes downloads contain viruses? :lol:

Also, you are stealing the music you get for free. Not saying I'm above it, but I don't brag about it at least.

I think he thinks iTunes is the virus.
And yes, bragging about piracy is lame man.

I have already said it, but it is worth repeating, Bah humbug.

I think he thinks iTunes is the virus.

Yeah, I kind of concluded that from his rabid hatred of anything starting with an "i". But it's just fun to go at new members who make it easy to do so.

Writing PHP code has to be one of the most frustrating things I've ever done. :| It makes it sweeter though when the damn assignment starts working as you want it to work.