Gran Turismo 5

Because I'm an asshole I took the X1 online, people don't seem to like it. :cool:
A really cool thing is if the car is on dirt, it kicks out dirt through the ground-effect fan.

So I got my 1000 lvl gift ticket just now. Any guesses what car I got?

If you guessed a '91 Honda Prelude, you win a cookie.

If it helps, I got a bloody Mazda Alexa.
Also my B-Spec Drivers are massive noobs. Seriously.

As for A-Spec. I've got gold on every event Bar any of the endurance races.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone noticed it, but the background music in the main menu (not GT Life) has changed to Christmas carols :)

Finally unlocked the X1. Damn!

Because I'm an asshole I took the X1 online, people don't seem to like it. :cool:
A really cool thing is if the car is on dirt, it kicks out dirt through the ground-effect fan.

Of course you did!
:D

Last edited:
so the roadster endurance race realy is 4 hours long. fuck me.

B-Spec 24 hour Le Mans, only 3 drivers allowed. Why the hell bother leveling up 6 drivers?

Finally tried the Historic Racing Car Cup.
Only thing I had available that made any sense to me was the Cobra 427 '66.
So I tune the thing almost to the max, turn off the traction control and give it a go.
When the race starts, all of the sudden it occurs to me that I forgot about this tinny little thing called... downforce! d'oh! <_<
Not one for giving up, I give it a few more tries and what do you know, I actually was able to beat it.
Looking at the replay it appears that I was able to win by laying a smoke screen. :lol:
The first race was difficult but relatively clean, but the second race was relatively easy, but not quite something I'm proud of.
So I can't say I can recommend the Cobra for this race, but it sure makes it entertaining.

^ I've been thinking of doing that myself, mostly because I don't know what else to do the race with without 1) buying a car or 2) waiting for endurance to get the Xj13. Now that I know a cobra can work, I might have to try it.

Finally tried the Historic Racing Car Cup.
Only thing I had available that made any sense to me was the Cobra 427 '66.
So I tune the thing almost to the max, turn off the traction control and give it a go.
When the race starts, all of the sudden it occurs to me that I forgot about this tinny little thing called... downforce! d'oh! <_<
Not one for giving up, I give it a few more tries and what do you know, I actually was able to beat it.
Looking at the replay it appears that I was able to win by laying a smoke screen. :lol:
The first race was difficult but relatively clean, but the second race was relatively easy, but not quite something I'm proud of.
So I can't say I can recommend the Cobra for this race, but it sure makes it entertaining.

I tried this and failed, but, I thought it might be possible. Now it's confirmed! I am determined to beat it with this car now :lol:

I really hope in an update they make the headlights better. Currently they are marginally better than no lights at all, and when the terrain disappears, like it was for me today, they illuminate nothing, making driving somewhat difficult. The tail lights should be much brighter as well.

I really hope in an update they make the headlights better. Currently they are marginally better than no lights at all, and when the terrain disappears, like it was for me today, they illuminate nothing, making driving somewhat difficult. The tail lights should be much brighter as well.

I've noticed that as well. The Tocsana race in the Grand Tour is quite difficult, imo, for this exact reason. Half the race you can't see anything since the headlights, at best, illuminate the next 20 feet of road.

please god tell me that the 9 and 24 hour races are not that long in reality! if so kill me now. dosent mater how much you like playing the game. spending 9 hours+ on one race is too much.

Theres a new bunch of online Seasonal events up if you want a whole bunch of extra XP/Cash.

And yes the 24hr ones do go for that long.

I've noticed that as well. The Tocsana race in the Grand Tour is quite difficult, imo, for this exact reason. Half the race you can't see anything since the headlights, at best, illuminate the next 20 feet of road.

The Nurburgring and Sarthe tracks don't seem to be effected by this. Also, some cars just have better headlights than others. My RX8 lights up the track like a battlefield, but some other cars you can barely see the road 50ft in front of you.

10 laps of Suzuka. Super GT. In a downpour.

God damn that is a hard race. Nothing like coming into hard braking and being unable to see the 5 cars in front of you.

I've done perhaps 10 "rain" races so far but it hasn't actually rained once.

On the subject of headlights, it's ridiculous. I couldn't be bothered to memorize the Tuscany track so I just maxed out gamma and brightness on my TV and got it done with. It's basically impossible driving in the dark relying on the headlights, it's like flashlights strapped to the front bumper and darkness is DARK. I accidentally took the CT230R for a spin in Le Mans at night only to realize the car doesn't have front lights. It gets so dark you can't see a wall even when you're face first in the wall. Took me couple of minutes to find the track again after I overshot the first Hunaudieres chicane and spun a couple of times.

I think there is a bug with the headlights? I've found I can see much, much better on low beam than I can on highbeam. I found this when I was driving the 908, when the highbeam was on, it would illuminate the sides of the track, but it wouldn't illuminate anything infront of your car, ie the road. The low beam illuminated the road in front of me like it should, and it seemed to be what you'd expect from low beam in a car. Can anyone else test their highbeams to see if they find the same findings?

Can anyone else test their highbeams to see if they find the same findings?

I think the DB9 does a similar thing with its headlights, low beam and you can see the track etc, but high beam, can't see track but can see barriers etc. Made driving round the Nurburgring quite scary...

Can't remember if it has been mentioned before, but does anyone know of a good series/race for my B-Spec to grind on to get XP up? Currently at level 15 in B-Spec and it's taking an age for them to get anywhere.