The "Things that annoy me" thread

The things that annoy me: Family.

Not my mom and dad. They have their issues and it's tough because my dad ain't growin younger and he's being grumpy about EVERYTHING.

I mean the fact that I have relatives in SF, relatives in Maryland and the remainder in India. We never really get together for xmas, like all of us. The reason? Sibling rivalry. Due mostly if not completely by my aunt in SF (who's the youngest in the mom's side).

Shut the fuck up Aunt. You're like 40 something, not 12.

Swear to god, people our generation are more mature than the older generation.

People who decide to have a conversation in the middle of a card shop on Christmas Eve! (Or people who stop suddenly in front of you with no warning)

:roflmao:

No, you're not! Take that back, stupidhead!
I must say I strongly disagree with you, good Sir, but I trust that we may still find some common ground.

What annoyed me today, was the bits of snow and ice stuck on the inside of my rims.

I've been moving the car through town traffic only for the past weeks, through heaps of snow. With temperatures constantly below zero at night, frozen snow and ice had attached themselves to the insides of my rims. That's no big deal, when you're moving around town with 50 km/h.

However, I went to visit the parents over Christmas eve and that meant I had to take the Autobahn. The unbalance at the wheels was so bad, that the whole car was rattling and shaking like a jackhammer.

I would need to bring the car to a garage, with access from underneath to remove that stuff from the rims, but of course they're all closed over the holidays. If anybody knows a trick, that doesn't involve a flame thrower, I'd be thankful.

I already tried a hammer. Didn't work.

Last edited:
Take of the rims (2at a time) and put them in the bathtub with the heater on maximum ?

What? You people don't have carparts in the house? :p

How about a hair dryer (or a space heater) and a really long extension cord? It may take a while, but so will anything else short of a flame thrower.

No garage. And I won't go out on the street with a hairdryer blowing at my car's wheels. No way. The neighbours already think I'm cazy for driving so many different cars all the time.

Last edited:
You could park it in an underground car park, basically find some place where the temperature is above zero. You could also try water, but that might freeze immediately depending on the temperature.

Thought of that, too. But no underground car parks here (and I doubt they'd be open on Christmas day). Water would be very stupid. We have way below zero and it would only produce a new layer of ice.

What about your brakes! (but find a bit of clear road first!).

No, you're not! Take that back, stupidhead!

I must say I strongly disagree with you, good Sir, but I trust that we may still find some common ground.

:lmao: :rofl:

Alright alright, some members of that generation excepted :p

Actually I shall rephrase: It seems like sometimes the younger generation can be more mature in their decisions and outlook on the situation or their environment than certain members of the older generation.

Better? :)

Last edited:
It seems like sometimes the younger generation can be more mature in their decisions and outlook on the situation or their environment than certain members of the older generation.
It's becoming more and more obvious that short-sighted actions such as raping the planet for resources and poisoning the environment we live in do bite us back, so yes, regarding aspects like these I agree. On the other hand, some common courtesies seem to be forgotten by many, many members of my generation, which I suppose comes with the appearance of the "web 2.0" where your social life is a bit more informal.

People who are obsessed with hand sanitizer, it doesn't work and when I try to explain it they just give me a blank stare, ignorant people! Of course it's going to be marketed as a germ killer but it doesn't even kill the common cold virus because it doesn't have the strength to as compared to warm water, soap, and friction.

and then you bring up all of the nasty stuff in that hand sanitizer that really isn't good for you to begin with.