Euduro races online?

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
Anybody down for some enduros? With 16 car grids, we could even have multi-class racing. Perhaps GT500 and GT300 cars in the same race, or LMP + GT cars. It would be really fun at the night/day cycle tracks.

my PSN is eunos_cosmo20b

edit: I think we should have a Final Gear Christmas Day Enduro Race at the Ring. How about it?

Let's discuss here:

what time to start
time/laps
cars
settings
options

I think we should try to keep it simple for the first race, all one class of car, see how many people we get. Then keep it to an hour or two, nothing too extreme for now. Personally I'd love to do it in the dead of night (21:00) with the time change set so that the race finishes around dawn. That would be pretty sweet.

Last edited:
Anyone?

Sign me up if this happens.
Probably not during the holidays though but some day it would be nice to give it a go.

A question came to mind.
Does it have to be Nordschleiffe?
I do respect the track for its history but...

My suggestion is:
50laps of Grand Valley Speedway(a nice long technical track)
Tyres: Racing Slicks (Hard, Medium, Soft, the choice is yours)
Cars: ???

I am not sure about what cars to use. Ideally I would like to use unmodified modern supercars and this is because I want to use my Enzo. :) Yes, it is selfish I know. But it's not like you're limited of options with these settings. We could have a grid with Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Lexus LF-A, Shelby, Saleen, Maserati, Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione... plenty to choose from. And who could forget the allmighty slut of Gran Turismo, the Nissan GT-R.

We could also just limit the Weight and BHP output. My best races have been with DTM/JGTC cars. I have set up many rooms with 1000kg and 502bhp limit and the races have been nice, tight and alot of fun. I absolutely love the cars in these two classes. They have very nice power, decently hard to handle but not too hard and you don't need 10MillionzGazillions Credits to have a nice and competitive car. They don't cost alot to repair etc. etc.

I mostly drive online with these settings. I use a ABT Audi TT-R '02 DTM car. The Audi I use has stock, 486bhp, and the only thing I changed in it is the tyres it is on. :yes:
A lovely lovely car. Because the BHP limit is 502bhp, people without cars in their own garage can use the Castrol Supra and Calsonic GTR from the online garage and remain competitive.

Well I guess nomatter how much I want to use the Enzo in my Garage I think the best solution is to agree on the Weigh and BHP output and discuss if it should be a real racer or a tuned car. But i do think we should keep the BHP number... reasonable. The Zonda R drivers I see online are... well. It's the joke of the century. Opinions? We can make this happen it can be nice and competitive.

Last edited:
I had for fun driving a stock civic type r than I did with an enzo

I'm down once I get my internets working. I just need to pick up a cable. My PSN ID will be MadCat360.

I'm still young in my GT career so I might not have enough money to race an actual race car, ie, LMP or JGTC. I've got a Gallardo, a C6 Z06, and an R8 4.2 as my fastest cars.

Ok so the next thing we gotta do is agree on BHP output and weight limit.
Racers are kinda out of the question Cold Fussion since not everyone can afford them yet.

How does 400HP/1200kg sound like? Racing tyres?

Last edited:
As much as I would love to get in on something like this, I doubt my wi-fi would hold up for the whole race. Not to mention my horribly inconsistent driving.....

As much as I would love to get in on something like this, I doubt my wi-fi would hold up for the whole race. Not to mention my horribly inconsistent driving.....

Believe me there's nothing to shout about my driving either. :lol:

I'm away for a few days, perhaps we could do it on the 2nd?

That's what i fear as well, I've played a couple online races and have dropped out of half of them, even more so than I did with gt5p. :(

That's what i fear as well, I've played a couple online races and have dropped out of half of them, even more so than I did with gt5p. :(

My problem isn't specific to GT, it's my router. Not that my ISP is particularly reliable either. And just to add insult to injury, the signal is weak downstairs where the Playstation is....

It may still be worth a shot, I could tether my cell phone for a more reliable but much slower connection. I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread. I'd also be down for anything smaller-scale.

Ok guys so if anyone would like to give this a go I will set up a room this weekend.
On saturday if it's OK with you people. I think if the race starts at 8PM it would suit my schedule atleast... any objections?
I have picked a car and I have chosen the room rules.

Rules
BHP limit: 404BHP
Weight Limit: 1200kg
Tyres: No Limit, meaning Racing tyres will be used
Track: Grand Valley Speedway
Laps: 50laps
Driving aids: Only TC allowed, we might have people who play with a pad controller​

Damage set to Light. I am all for realism but it's just annoying if a small mistake in the beginning of a race ruins it completely. It might not even be your mistake, someone could ram you by mistake and ruin your race.
Penalty set to weak to discourage shortcutting. No driving line and no Boost. Grid start would have false start check.

How does that sound like? Any suggestions?
I have already bought a car I think would be competitive and if we go ahead with these BHP/Weight settings I will be using this:

http://img146.imageshack.**/img146/4770/bmwz4mcoupe.jpg
I guess you guys know how to read the number plate? ^^
It is lightened to 1240kg and has just under 400bhp.
If I do some testing with it the BHP number will go up a bit... but I have no doubts it will comply with the set maximum amount of 404bhp if we do this race.
I know already it's not really the best possible choice but I will use this car anyway. I think it's competitive... :|

So who's up for this?

I will keep a closer eye to this thread before saturday and if people are interested, even if theres only 3 or 5 I would like to give this a go. I will post the room number here on saturday if you guys really want to try a endurance race online.

Last edited: