Battlefield: Bad Company 2

My soldier name is tuoppiii btw.

Just added some of you guys using the in-game friends list. Mine is in sig. Do you guys use in-game voice, vent, ts, mumble, etc?

Add me. ColonelLanda

I'll chat on any voice thingie.

Just played the game for the first time in a while, and I don't remember it being this fun or balanced. I had a really intense end of round where our team held out at 0 tickets for a good minute, as the other team dropped from 12 to 2. At that point I was on a 7 kill streak including a tank...

you do have some good rounds, today i got several 6 kill streak pins and a couple of 8s, some days are good, soem days arent

you do have some good rounds, today i got several 6 kill streak pins and a couple of 8s, some days are good, soem days arent

That one kill streak was probably more kills than the rest of the round combined, I'm really not very good yet :p

But, I hope that practice makes perfect, and the extra guns to unlock should help as well.

That one kill streak was probably more kills than the rest of the round combined, I'm really not very good yet :p

But, I hope that practice makes perfect, and the extra guns to unlock should help as well.

I have found playing BF1943 and BC2 alot (haven't tried Vietman yet) that the thing that will get you the most kills is not a specific weapon or super fast reactions etc. but knowing the map and anticipating your opponents move.

Know the bottlenecks, lines of fire, the typical route people take through the map and effective/safe spots to shoot from and the kills will start rolling in.

yeah, and you can help win even without a lot of kills under your belt, i was only using recon today, and i was always playing forward recon, throwing spot mines and calling in mortar and lobbing c4 onto tanks, taking the kill shot/knife kill when i know i can and keep moving, and with mostly support points i still unlocked three tiers of recon kits.

yeah, and you can help win even without a lot of kills under your belt, i was only using recon today, and i was always playing forward recon, throwing spot mines and calling in mortar and lobbing c4 onto tanks, taking the kill shot/knife kill when i know i can and keep moving, and with mostly support points i still unlocked three tiers of recon kits.

I tend to hold the objective at higher importance than my life :)

Particularly fun is bumrushing a tank, planting a couple of C4s, and detonating then and there.

agree, i have sacrificed myself to plant all three charges to assure that even if he gets out he's dead, and if i die, i die. Particularly today, i took out two tanks with C4 with some ammo box help, and three guys threw ammo and medkits at me, and covered my flank while i rearmed and we moved on, now that's teamwork :lol:

I have found playing BF1943 and BC2 alot (haven't tried Vietman yet) that the thing that will get you the most kills is not a specific weapon or super fast reactions etc. but knowing the map and anticipating your opponents move.

Know the bottlenecks, lines of fire, the typical route people take through the map and effective/safe spots to shoot from and the kills will start rolling in.

Most def. People have always loved to go wherever the action is. Think with your thinking brain for a half a second and take advantage of that, sidle over a hill and around a building, rip apart the enemy's flank. Repeat until end of round, piss of the enemy team and score big points. Most people just go "ooh, ooh, lots of guys over there, I'll go there too!" - straight in, ignore any alternate routes.

Also, the while the flamethrower is pretty bad as an aggressive charging weapon, if used right it's quite devastating. For instance, attackers can defend charges really easily, just light the ground on fire and any defenders that go near instantly get softened up, plus they can't see the squad of enemies waiting for them through the flames. I'm still not very good with it, but I love burning people, it's just so fun. And they scream! Oh boy do they scream!

I find the Flamethrower more of an ambush weapon. I tried a bit of ambushing on a Conquest map with a few small passageways with a few walls poking out. I hid behind one of the walls and managed to defend one base for a bit by ambush and burning.

So, I just bought the game during last weeks LAN as I know I won't really touch Black Ops maybe ever again.
I did a few rounds, but right now I'm teh Suck at it. Always was in stupid teams as well. 2 of my squadmates followed me for minutes, one shooting at me, the other flamethrowing on me...

I think my Soldiername is Roccosiff, I think...

be patient, you get way better at it, it's way fun once you get comfortable with maps and weapons, also, playing with people from fg is way fun, Karoug, tim0r, mikas and geeman are way better players than most of the guys out there cause they play good as squadmates. Even d-fence is reliable with his low level :p

Since all these new people are getting this, I figure I'll put my name on again. Add me - Bry789123

I just had a match in Vietnam, on Phu Bai Valley conquest as NVA, where we completely dominated the enemy team. How badly dominated? Well, we held all three flags for the whole match, and I made 24 kills from the gunner seat in my teammates T54 without dying a single time. Over the whole match. Yeah. :lol:

I never see anyone else from here online because I only ever play quite late (too early for the old worlders, too late for the western capitalist pigdogs)

Also, about having teammates who suck ass, find a couple good servers and stick to them. Most servers are filled with random pubbies who suck will never play on that server again, good clan servers where the clan members actually play in the server and that attract repeat customers are the best and have higher average skill levels among the players which makes it more intense and fun.

I may play tonight around 9pm EST+. I have yet to find a good server that's the only problem that or they're down after I do find a good one :(

so far i've only played with d-fence, karoug, geeman and mikas, since we're on irc and steam we can coordinate games and servers

Yeah I tend to play at wierd times as well so I never see anyone from here online either >.< My Steam name and BC2 soldier name is the same as my forum name in case anyone wants to add me anyways. (I think I posted it before, but it's been a while)

Operation Hastings is fun as hell... Totally worth all those team actions :D Not that I really changed how I play anyway, I always try to be a good team player.

Last night I was playing on Phu Bai Valley on Conquest and my team managed quite a spectacular comeback, ticket count was something like 7 to 30 in the opposing teams favor, but then we captured all the bases and somehow managed to hold them and keep from dying too much right up till the end for the win :D Our final ticket count was only 2 or 3, and even I managed to stay alive during those last few minutes, which is pretty damn miraculous all by itself.