[16x00] December 26th, 2010 [Middle East Special]

[16x00] December 26th, 2010 [Middle East Special]

• Total voters
Clearly this show is scripted. I know that... I just thought it was funny they didn't even try to cover their tracks. The incident where Jeremy fell and hit his head was supposed to be in Syria where they were trying to avoid being detected by Israel from ever being in the country... yet the vehicle that takes Jeremy to the hospital is from Israel. Look at the license plate written in Hebrew:

AdnPC.png

While I won't deny that the show is scripted, those plates are indeed Syrian, as a quick google search will show you:
http://www.google.com/images?q=syri...&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1045&bih=634

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h...&q=israeli+plates&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

While this episode was good fun, the NY special just seemed a lot more natural and "unscripted" , even if it was.

There've been quite a few situations like this one, where TG had stirred global controversy by "featuring" this or that religious symbol or cultural emblem (in their own unique way). And I think there'll be many more as the show goes on. With that in mind, I perceive the show's attitude as being utterly acceptable, and would never tire of repeating to people to "LOOSEN UP" a little, and avoid taking stuff too seriously.
They wore the burkas because they wanted to get disguised and that particular clothing suited the task in hand and was linked to the location in question. That's how I looked at the matter, when I realized it disturbed some people, because while watching I was completely oblivious to its religiously offensive implications.

Oh, and I'm Muslim.

PS : Freedom of opinion and expression is something we insist on. Yet not a day goes by where that freedom isn't questionned. Paradox.

Last edited:
Actually, Syria do get Top Gear through the network MBC Action, and they broadcast in Arabic.
That, and they have an internet. Facebook isn't allowed, but I'm pretty sure they don't give a rats about bittorrent. :p

I used to think Clarkson, Hammond and May played idiots on TV. The vehicle snatch strap recovery was absurd. The bogged car was at least 45 degrees offset to the towing vehicle and May was actually holding the strap as the tow car began moving. These three are real idiots.

(Top Gear USA will never match TGUK simply because our hosts can't match their idiocy.)

Additionally, Christianity (baby Jesus/Stig) is such an easy target. Why didn't they boys drive to Mecca and birth a baby Mohamed / Prophet Stig? Afraid of being beheaded by members of the Religion of Peace? :lol:

Last edited:
Funny episode, 8/10 for me.
I?m blown away that James? Beemer was an auto! No wonder he said it was alittle soft under the right foot.

Perhaps the trouble in the Middle East is to be expected & people who don?t live there (for example: us) are making too much of it, as I can?t think of a moment in history when the Middle East was ever totally ?at peace?.

Funny episode, 8/10 for me.
I?m blown away that James? Beemer was an auto! No wonder he said it was alittle soft under the right foot.

The Z3 was appalling. It was more designed, than engineered. An example for that is the fact, that you had to open the bonnet of the car in order to lift the windscreen wipers up :rolleyes:

I believe it was the first car BMW designed and made in America...?

Last edited:
I watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! The camera work from the inside of the cargo plane, rear doors open, was just cool! The only cringe-worthy part of the show was the sound of James' head hitting the ground, as I watched it with headphones on. The "thwack" of bone hitting stone.... Yikes!!

I used to think Clarkson, Hammond and May played idiots on TV. The vehicle snatch strap recovery was absurd. The bogged car was at least 45 degrees offset to the towing vehicle and May was actually holding the strap as the tow car began moving. These three are real idiots.

(Top Gear USA will never match TGUK simply because our hosts can't match their idiocy.)

Additionally, Christianity (baby Jesus/Stig) is such an easy target. Why didn't they boys drive to Mecca and birth a baby Mohamed / Prophet Stig? Afraid of being beheaded by members of the Religion of Peace? :lol:

troll?

Heh, you are a troll, but this is a very true statement. I notice the Muslims are getting up in arms over the burka issue, but Christians sit silent. An easy target indeed, but no less offensive to Christians. Probably moreso.

Heh, you are a troll, but this is a very true statement. I notice the Muslims are getting up in arms over the burka issue, but Christians sit silent. An easy target indeed, but no less offensive to Christians. Probably moreso.

I think the Christians have grown accustomed to getting shit on all the time. Even on this forum, with people getting all pissed off and angry about all the Christians that are going to get offended by the episode, but haven't gotten around to it yet, since they probably haven't seen the episode or just don't care enough to join the forum to complain, but may get around to it sometime and when that happens, it will be totally lame and they should just shut up and go away! blah blah blah /sarcasm

Which is more stupid, getting offended by imaginary people who were supposedly offended by the show, or just being offended by the show? :lol:

Tell you what. When you religious types stop supporting clergy who rape children, stop advocating for the control of women's bodies, stop trying to give more rights to an unfertilized egg than the needy living, stop supporting politicians (in America) who don't believe in global warming or environmental damage because "it is god's will" that we can do whatever we want to the planet with no repercussions, stop voting for and supporting criminals like George W. Bush and imbeciles like Sarah Palin, stop glorifying religious dogma and celebrating ignorance and lack of education, stop trying to push your archaic beliefs on the rest of the world, and stop basically making the world a more difficult and dangerous place to be than it need be,

First, show me one instance where I have done any of that, and I'll shake your hand. ;)

then I'll stop making fun of you.

Actually, this forum has a policy of respecting each others views, and 'making fun of you' is not allowed, if I am correct.

Notice that the Euros tend (overall) to find the humor in the religious aspect of this episode, while the Americans are the ones with their panties in a twist. Screw that. The sooner the religious are relegated to backwaters of history in this country, the better.

I am American, and yet you seem to be the one with their 'panties in a twist', I'm afraid.

Someone needs a nap.

Too bad there probably isn't a God. I bet he would be rolling on the floor laughing.

I do believe in God, and absolutely believe He has a sense of humor. I think he would have laughed as much as most of us if He had watched the episode. There's a difference in 'making fun' of someone or something to be funny, rather than doing so trying to be insulting.

Too bad most people can't see the difference. :)

I do believe in God, and absolutely believe He has a sense of humor. I think he would have laughed as much as most of us if He had watched the episode. There's a difference in 'making fun' of someone or something to be funny, rather than doing so trying to be insulting.

Too bad most people can't see the difference. :)

:thumbup:

I'm sure God, Muhammad, Thor, Zeus and the like would enjoy Top Gear just as much as we do.
So lighten up people.