Chevy Vega or Morris Marina: which would you rather have?

Chevy Vega or Morris Marina: which would you rather have?

• Total voters
Judging by the results of this poll, GM at its worst > British Leyland at its worst.

Judging by the results of this poll, GM at its worst > British Leyland at its worst.

that's not GM at it's worst. this is GM at its worst

800px-1981_cimarron_1.jpg

GM at it's worst was the introduction of the J-body, not the H-body.

Edit: I should refresh pages after stepping away from the computer.

Last edited:
Was the Aztek really a bad car or was it just fugly as hell?

The Vega was worse. A Cimarron was the pinnacle of reliability in comparison.

Except that isn't GM at its worst. The Cimarron was a bad car because it was basically a Chevy Cavalier underneath. The 1981 Cadillac Fleetwood V-8-6-4 was a bad car because it didn't work. Thank you Google and Time Magazine :lol:. The Diesel Cadillacs were also pretty bad.

Edit: After reading more of the Time Magazine article, does anyone else think that Dan Neil (he of anti manual transmission and modern chemistry denial fame) should be taken out and shot? He labeled some of the most important cars in history as some of the "50 worst cars in history."

Last edited:
The Vega was worse. A Cimarron was the pinnacle of reliability in comparison.

+rep for a very similar thought :lol:

The Vega engines were very unreliable. I can't remember, but I think the blocks were aluminum and didn't have cylinder sleeves or had silicon cylinder sleeves.

Either way, it's a fearless race to the bottom!

Was the Aztek really a bad car or was it just fugly as hell?

I know 3 people that own them because they got them super cheap brand new. They all love the damn things and say it is easy to get past the looks when it is so good to use. Is it true? I don't want to borrow it to prove them right.

I'd rather have herpes.

Nice and others have mentioned this but I will reiterate:

This is not about looks, it is about a car being rubbish through and through. Here are some highlights of the Vega:
-The body was not properly rust treated and sections of it rusted out in a matter of a couple years
-The engine was a horrible piece of shit that shook itself apart (again in only a couple years)
-Build quality was truly bad and resulted in bits falling apart and the like

The Aztek was decently reliable. It was ugly yes, but it wouldn't fail in two to three years. The Marina and Vega were total piles that would fall apart in a couple years. Yes some kept running but they are the exceptions. To further the point, I don't like the K-cars, but they amazingly enough are some of the most reliable cars ever made.

Realistically Vega, but like others have mentioned, the Marina would be chock full of lulz.

Scratch that. If Der Stig buys a Marina, I will find a way to fit a piano in my car.

It might have to ride in pieces, but mwahahahaaa.

Aren't the Opel manta and the chevy vega Both H chassis cars?

No, the Manta was based on a Original Opel-selfmade platform, by shortening and narrowing the platform of the Rekord, they pulled the same trick 6 years earlyer on the Kadett (oliver), so its basicly a mixture of an early V-body and rwd T-Body.

btw; GM's worst?
daewoo-tacuma.JPG

if its US-made only its along with the Aztek this:
5260200003_large.jpg

..what an shad on wheels that looks like a big gay picnic-basket.

I'm fairly sure that the Vega was an immensly well critcally recieved and selling car. Until they all fell apart, really... so I'd rather have the Vega by far. Good to drive, still looks sorta interesting and was only bad because it wasn't made properly. I know, doesn't sound right, but this is only the first thing on the massive list of why the Marina was a awful sin against humanity and cardom.