"We'll drive home backwards."

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
You may remember the amazing Ben Rose home from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." The scene: Cameron has a breakdown when he returns his dad's Ferrari and discovers that hundreds of miles have been added to the odometer. The car ends up crashing through the beautiful, glass-enclosed, mid-century garage and is destroyed.

Now, the infamous Highland Park home is for sale--and the garage is good as new.

The famous home is located at 370 Beech St. and is surrounded by trees. With 5,300 square feet of living space, the 4 bedroom, 3 bath home has floor-to-ceiling windows throughout. In total, the home sits on a one acre lot with 43,560 square feet.

Built in 1953, this home was designed by extraordinary architects A. James Speyer and David Haid.

The home is listed for $1.65 million. For more information, see the listing.

slide_15632_218859_huge.jpg

slide_15632_218860_huge.jpg

slide_15632_218577_huge.jpg

slide_15632_218580_huge.jpg

slide_15632_218578_huge.jpg

slide_15632_218583_huge.jpg

Linky
Listing

So. Much. Want. Just want. Nothing else. Ever.

Out of drool mode - for a house built in 1953 that is a very modern design - a brilliant one at that! Always dreamed of having a house with a built in garage like that. I would change not a thing.

Last edited:
FG group buy/timeshare anyone?

Would make an awesome clubhouse. We could clear out some of those trees and make an autocross-sized racetrack.

The fuck you say? 80% of what makes that house so awesome is the way it looks like you are in the middle of the forest because of the proximity and number of trees infact IIRC that is the specific reason they left all those trees standing (also privacy because of all the windows). Speaking of the windows what do you think the heating costs of that bad boy are like? Pretty sure they weren't doing double paned high efficiency windows way back when. I sure hope somewhere along the lines someone went and replaced all the glass with something to keep the heat in during the winter.

Would make an awesome clubhouse. We could clear out some of those trees and make an autocross-sized racetrack.

Just make sure not to go off on the turn approaching the ravine or you may end up recreating one of the more famous scenes from the movie.

The house has clearly been renovated recently so I'm assuming heating issues have been resolved.

The house has clearly been renovated recently so I'm assuming heating issues have been resolved.

What makes you say that? All of the cabinets in the kitchen look to be straight out of the 50s and the cook top looks to be from the 70's. Everything else in the pictures looks to be either original equipment or something from the 70's or 80's

What makes you say that? All of the cabinets in the kitchen look to be straight out of the 50s and the cook top looks to be from the 70's. Everything else in the pictures looks to be either original equipment or something from the 70's or 80's

The interior (excluding the furniture) looks pretty modern to me.

The interior (excluding the furniture) looks pretty modern to me.

Pretty sure it's all mostly original. I mean this was a visionary design when it was created in the 50's stands to reason the style would hold up well. Just like how some of Frank Lloyd Wright designs still seem modern (if not almost futuristic) despite being designed in the mid 30's

Anyone else noticing it has no bedrooms?

In the listing, not in the pics.......

The photos are of the Pavillion - there is another bit which is the main house. i.e. There are two buildings. The pavillion was the one used in the film and is basically a garage with windows instead of walls.

And $431.60 is 328.15?, ?278.30 or AUS$431.94 for variouses. I think thats acceptable for a clubhouse. The partys will never end.

Last edited:
I am tempted to say this is kinda cheap.