The "New Toys" Thread

:hmm: 14" laptop screen or 40" TV screen? Tough choice.

I have a 9" netbook and a 57" TV. I watch more videos on the netbook :p

Now, if I had an HTPC or some other proper media playing device on the TV (the PS3 overscans badly), it would be another story.

VGA out on the netbook?

VGA out on the netbook?

If I'm going that route it's easier to hook my desktop PC up with the PS3's HDMI and power cables. The TV's one of the giant rear projection units and is a pain to get behind. Plus the netbook can't even handle 720p never mind 1080.

See you in a couple of days my useful little friend...:D

WD-TV-HD-box.jpg

Now, if I had an HTPC or some other proper media playing device on the TV (the PS3 overscans badly), it would be another story.

See, that's why I bought the WiFi stick. It grabs the file off my PC or any other DLNA network location and plays it back on the TV. No need to have an external playback device.

See you in a couple of days my useful little friend...:D

WD-TV-HD-box.jpg
These are nice a friend has one :)
See, that's why I bought the WiFi stick. It grabs the file off my PC or any other DLNA network location and plays it back on the TV. No need to have an external playback device.
How is the support for different file formats? I have the biggest pain in the ass with 360 not supporting more than like 2-3 formats, which is why I just went to a straight up HTPC, supports everything.

It's decent because I've picked the right TV :lol:

It worked on the 720p mkv/x264 Mideast Special, the 1080p mkv/x264 Polar Special, the 1080i ts/mpeg2 Bolivia Special, SD mp4/avc1 off iPlayer, regular avi/xvid, ... haven't tried to play a file that didn't work yet.

Samsung said:
Video AVI, ASF, MKV, MP4, 3GPP, VOR, VOB, PS, TS, RMVB, FLV, DivX 3.11, DivX 4.x, DivX 5.1, DivX 6.0, XviD; H.264, H263, MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4 ASP, Motion JPEG, Windows Media Video v9, MPEG2, MPEG1, RV3.0/RV4.0
Audio MP3, AC3, LPCM, ADPCM (MULAW, ALAW), AAC, HE-AAC, WMA,DD+, MPEG, DTS Core, AMR NB/WB, G.729, QCELP, Real Audio (RealAudio6 Cook, RealAudio9,10 RealAudio Lossless), 8000, 11025, 12000, 16000, 22050, 24000, 32000, 44100, 48000

Last edited:
And I just got myself one of these for Android development purposes :)

*Nexus One*

One day I'll really look into Android development on my Nexus One, but Eclipse gives me a headache each time I so much as look at it! I think I'm allergic to Java...

It's decent because I've picked the right TV :lol:

It worked on the 720p mkv/x264 Mideast Special, the 1080p mkv/x264 Polar Special, the 1080i ts/mpeg2 Bolivia Special, SD mp4/avc1 off iPlayer, regular avi/xvid, ... haven't tried to play a file that didn't work yet.

Not bad, wish they had those when I was buying TVs

01,57.png

Linksys WRT54GL

It's not completely new as it's been stored in a wardrobe in Northern Ireland for 1/2 year since it was bought by mistake. Found a use for it now tho. New primary router/wifi in my house. :)

Loaded Tomato onto it earlier - really slick and easy-to-use GUI, I have to say.

Okay. At first my idea was to build my upcoming Sandy Bridge build in to my current Antec 300. Buuuut.... Well.... I might have just ordered one of these:
Fractal Design Define R3 - Titanium
Fractal-Design-Define-R3-MidiTower-ATX-MicroATX-MiniITX-Titanium.jpg

58b.jpg

But hey! Look at it! It's BEAUTIFUL! :mrgreen:

Its theme is low noise so it has A LOT of sound proofing but at the same time it has a great airflow if you add a few more fans. And for that a bought another two Fractal Design low noise fans. A 140mm for the top and another 120mm for the front :)

Last edited:
You're the second person to do this exact build. What are you planning on putting in it?

Intel 2500k with a Noctua D-14 (And then I plan to overclock of cause. We can say about 4.5GHz ;) )
Gigabyte, Asus og preferably a EVGA motherboard that is ready for SLI (Don't now which one at this moment because all mobo's isn't out yet ;) )
4GB Mushkin DDR3, 1600MHz, CL6 RAM.
Two EVGA GTX 460 SC in SLI (Got one now).
Corsair TX650 (Got now)
640GB 7200RPM Western Digital HDD (Got now. SSD will go in at some point ;) )

Can't wait to get it all together! :w00t:

Okay. At first my idea was to build my upcoming Sandy Bridge build in to my current Antec 300. Buuuut.... Well.... I might have just ordered one of these:
Fractal Design Define R3 - Titanium
Fractal-Design-Define-R3-MidiTower-ATX-MicroATX-MiniITX-Titanium.jpg

58b.jpg

But hey! Look at it! It's BEAUTIFUL! :mrgreen:

Its theme is low noise so it has A LOT of sound proofing but at the same time it has a great airflow if you add a few more fans. And for that a bought another two Fractal Design low noise fans. A 140mm for the top and another 120mm for the front :)
That's a gorgeous case, my friend is getting one as his NAS case.

Last edited:
That's a gorgeous case, my friend is getting one as his NAS case.

It took a long time for me to find what you wrote since you wrote inside the quote :D
But yes I absolutely LOVE the looks of it and it sounds to be a good performer too :)

Last edited:
Small Guy do any other P67 mobos have NF200 PCIE bridge chips (other than the GA-P67A-UD7) that you've heard of?

Edit: Allow for full 16x16 dual-carding, whereas P67 stock only has 8x8.