Gran Turismo 5

They are unbelievably easy. It's the first time in a while I've had a chance to play, so I did the Mini race with the Cooper S I had modded for the A and B-spec Mini races (chipped, air filter, sports cat, etc.), and it was an absolute doddle. Won by a 15 second margin.

Running B spec roadster endurance overnight should be fine, right?
It better be, cause I'm going to bed. I've set it so he pits for driver change when 20% of strength is left.

Last edited:
6 f**king hours it took to Gold The X1 Challenge on the Nurburgring track. Just the tower of batshit that is Suzuka left. Currently on a silver for it.

I don't know what track I hate the most: Suzuka or the N?rburgring.

6 f**king hours it took to Gold The X1 Challenge on the Nurburgring track. Just the tower of batshit that is Suzuka left. Currently on a silver for it.

Damn, not nearly as much time as it took me to gold mission 34 in GT4 though. Out of those 6 hours, how many times did you actually complete the race?

Explanation of the limited implementation of the head-tracking feature according to a co-worker who did experimentation last night:

It works in any mode where you cannot do pit-stops (so arcade easy, or arcade medium and hard if you deactivate fuel/tire wear).

Basically they botched the pit crew animation, and if you could far enough on the side during pit stops, you would see crew members split-in half. So instead of limiting the freedom of movement during pitstops, they deactivated the feature completely.

But can't you watch the pit crews from the outside in the replays anyway?

One thing I noticed is that when there is a pit crew, the game automatically switches you to cockpit/bumper view when you enter the pits and doesn't allow looking around or using another view, probably for the same reason. This happens independently of whether you use head-tracking or not.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or did they show us a McLaren F1 on dirt in one of the trailers for GT5? I just tried to get dirt tires for my F1, and it wouldn't let me.
I'm disappointed.

Last edited:
Explanation of the limited implementation of the head-tracking feature according to a co-worker who did experimentation last night:

It works in any mode where you cannot do pit-stops (so arcade easy, or arcade medium and hard if you deactivate fuel/tire wear).

Basically they botched the pit crew animation, and if you could far enough on the side during pit stops, you would see crew members split-in half. So instead of limiting the freedom of movement during pitstops, they deactivated the feature completely.
If this is true, it is another one of these bullshit decisions of Polyphony Digital. I mean who gives a shit if some fairly irrelevant things occasionally look bad when you can have head tracking all the time? Disabling it for most of the game because it might make the pit crew look bad is laughable.

FFFUUUUUUU

They really need a confirmation to restart race.

I just accidentally hit restart on lap 52/60 of this enduro.

Last edited:
Damn, not nearly as much time as it took me to gold mission 34 in GT4 though. Out of those 6 hours, how many times did you actually complete the race?

Oh, dozens of times. I was sitting on a 2.08.03x for like 3 hours. Heres the Video.

[video=youtube;ATN90-cu-Vk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATN90-cu-Vk[/video]

Oh, dozens of times. I was sitting on a 2.08.03x for like 3 hours. Heres the Video.

SO not looking forward to that

I now have two race modded Elises, a '96 and an '04. They are both fantastic to drive, the 111R especially. It's a worthwhile purchase if you want something incredibly easy to go very fast in. I got it with the intention of doing the Grand Valley 300km in it, and it corners so well that you could pit on every second lap and still win very comfortably.

FFFUUUUUUU

They really need a confirmation to restart race.

I just accidentally hit restart on lap 52/60 of this enduro.
Another funny thing (if you wanna call that funny): they make you double and triple confirm every kind of crap, but you can throw away a race just like that, even a 24 endurance event.

F me, I've got no chance of doing that with my pad skillz.

Also, that would probably turn a real driver into a primordial sludge after a few corners.

Does anyone know how to view the fastest lap for a certain car and course? I know that the Practice/Arcade Time Trial shows the list of the top 10 cars for each track, but I would like to find out the time of a car that is not in the top ten list.

With GT5 Prologue you could just load a time trial race in the car and on the track where you want to see the time and it would have it on the top right of the screen. With GT5 however, where it says "Fastest Lap" on the top right it only shows the fastest lap for your current session, and not the fastest lap you have driven previously.

I can't believe they didn't make the time trial lap time list scrollable to show more than just the 10 fastest laps.

Last edited: