Stupid Driver Stories

Dear members of Final Gear, can you please stop this condescending tone of these stories? Yes, these people make mistakes that annoy you, but I bet most of them are one ofs and you will find yourself in their shoes at one point, just to be later belittled on an internet forum for the idiot that you are. Yes, mistakes are made and reading about them is fun, but this is just a bit too much.

Oh deer. Where to begin?

Icebone, most people do not lecture others about speeding and claim that they're a safe driver then go conduct automotive forestry experiments, plus for an encore prove that they can't laugh at themselves. This is why it probably will never end for you. :p

You should realize that all of this could have been avoided, even after your vehicular tree harvesting attempt, by simply immediately saying something on the order of "Well, how big an idiot was I?" and just shrugging off the rest, as opposed to running around ignoring everyone, then making the incident permanently memorable by passing out lots of negative feedback entitled (I paraphrase here), "Very funny." Instead of having a bit more immediate embarrassment and having it fade away in a few weeks, now it's eternal.

Proof of point: Alok had a pretty terrible off as well, but he's not constantly reminded of it on FG - because he fessed up pretty much immediately. For you? Phantom Deer Meat Cooler Of Chagrin, 65536 veeks.

Last edited:
directionals. the people of Watertown, MA either do not know what they are or how to use them. or both.

Didn't see this one directly, but some stupid woman backed into my sister's car (with my mum driving) today. Her attempts to avoid responsibility included- trying to accuse my mum of being illegally parked ( when the signage was obvious), apologising and hugging my mum, walking around the car saying how the damage to her car was much worse than that on our car and then trying to say that there was o damage whatsoever when my mum requested her details. I'm still shocked nobody went to the police (the damage is minimal, but still existent)- if it were my car she hit, she would be still at the police station now trying to avoid my wrath...

Dear members of Final Gear, can you please stop this condescending tone of these stories? Yes, these people make mistakes that annoy you, but I bet most of them are one ofs and you will find yourself in their shoes at one point, just to be later belittled on an internet forum for the idiot that you are. Yes, mistakes are made and reading about them is fun, but this is just a bit too much.

I'm pretty sure that everyone here has done something downright stupid while driving. Myself included. But there's a difference between having an encounter with a driver that has just done something stupid, and having an encounter with one that has no business being behind the wheel of a car.

If another driver does something stupid, but then makes eye contact with me, and has that sheepish look on their face as if to say "Aww crap! I'm sorry...that was stupid." I really don't have a problem with them. It happens.

But when you run into another driver (hopefully not literally) that does something incredibly stupid, and you just know they're just oblivious to it, or they have no idea why you've just stomped on your brakes or had to swerve to avoid them...

I say we should be legally allowed to throw rocks at them. :p

Last edited:
I say we should be legally allowed to throw rocks bullets at them. :p

FTFY.

You do not seem to have gotten the point of this topic.

Besides, one of the reasons why I've been driving cars without any accident for over 20 years now, is because I consider every other driver an idiot. And why not? It's not like we're putting their picture in a "wanted" poster in here.

Don't you have a book to read or something? :p

So, does that mean I need to take down the photo of the idiot driver who ran a red, made an illegal left turn, changed his mind, drove the wrong way down a divided roadway before making a left turn onto an on-ramp only to get caught at the metering lights?

Because I don't feel bad about being condescending to drivers like that. Well, maybe a little, but only because I'm more impressed that anyone that dumb can tie his own shoes or breathe with his mouth closed - so operating a car is fucking impressive.

Short answer: No. There are mistakes and then there is pervasive, enduring stupidity. Most of the stuff in this thread is the latter.

Last edited:
There are always exceptions from the rule :D

After all, I also put stuff on YouTube already, when people behaved dangerously stupid in traffic.

Last edited:
There are never exceptions to the rule. That's why it's called a rule.

You should take some grammar classes then :) You know like in English a past tense of a verb always has "ed" at the end. Like mope, moped and such. Except of course verbs like run or buy are ran and bought respectively :p

When did I ever talk about the people who continually drive like they learned hot to do it in an acid trip?

Also prizrak: WAT

You should take some grammar classes then :) You know like in English a past tense of a verb always has "ed" at the end. Like mope, moped and such. Except of course verbs like run or buy are ran and bought respectively :p

Also prizrak: WAT

I think he is trying to point out exceptions to rules.

But there is no rule that ALL verbs get the suffix -ed. The rule is that all REGULAR verbs get the suffix -ed. The irregular ones have other forms.

German Autobahn - by law you have drive in the right lane and you are only alowed to overtake on the left. Today I came up to a slowpoke in the left lane, doing 100 km/h with the right lane empty. I was doing 150 so I had to slow down a lot coming up behind him/her. Stupid driver no1 there. The 4 drivers behind me who had been trailing me with about 150 km/h make for Stupid drivers No 2 to 5. They just overtook the slowpoke in the right lane without slowing down much ... WHEN HE WAS JUST ABOUT TO CHANGE OVER INTO THE RIGHT LANE BECAUSE HE FINALLY NOTICED ME. Luckily stupid Driver No1 noticed the cars in the right lane and stoppped changing lane in the last second. That could have easily been a quite desaterous accident with me in it, even though I was the only one there not breaking any laws ...

Last edited:
But there is no rule that ALL verbs get the suffix -ed. The rule is that all REGULAR verbs get the suffix -ed. The irregular ones have other forms.

Okay, how about this - "I before E except after C - and when it sounds like 'neighbor' and 'weigh.'"

There are always exceptions for rules.

Last edited:
Again, not a rule, but what's called a mnemonic device to help young students remember the majority of cases. Is not and never was a rule.

And thus you have just proven why your torture will never end. No sense of humor coupled with no ability to laugh at yourself and invariably making absolutist statements. Surely one of those isn't too deer for you to part with to attempt to avoid future embarrassment? Or perhaps you're unable to see the forest Audi for the trees.

Do tell me how your statement "There are always exceptions" is less absolutist than mine? Also, seeing as you didn't make any jokes in your previous posts, but participated in a serious debate (even though your arguments went up in a puff of blue smoke), does that make you humourless as well?

I wonder.

Do tell me how your statement "There are always exceptions" is less absolutist than mine? Also, seeing as you didn't make any jokes in your previous posts, but participated in a serious debate (even though your arguments went up in a puff of blue smoke), does that make you humourless as well?

I wonder.

Erm, I started off my contribution on the subject you brought up with a joke. "Oh deer."

Also, the full phrase is "There are always exceptions to rules. Including this one."

Last edited:
Which by definition makes it not a rule.

Seriously, when you secede, I hope the rest of USA prevents you from using English as the official language.

The whole point of this thread is to point out things that annoy you or you think is dangerous on the road. I don't see anything wrong with that. If you have a problem with it, you don't have to read it.