The "New Toys" Thread

I have just installed HDD, DVD-Drive and PSU (+ done the cable-management) into my Fractal Design R3!
- Now I'm 100% Ready for my parts to arrive tomorrow! :thumbsup:

I'm going to have to re-do my cable managment tomorrow morning, to get everything ready.

Edit: Looks like my parts should be here Thursday.

Last edited:
Ordered one of these today. I could use a GPS and this is only $20 USD.

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/se/sevs753/2011/01/11/tomtom-ipod-touch-car-kit-03.jpg

TomTom Car Kit for iPod Touch - Amazon

Don't you also have to pay about as much for the software?

Don't you also have to pay about as much for the software?

there are free alternatives to the tomtom software. I'm 95% sure that they will work with the dock. If not, I'm only out $20. not a big deal to me.

edit: The reviews also say the the CoPilot Live app works with the kit and that is only $5 for the version with the USA maps.

Last edited:
I have just installed HDD, DVD-Drive and PSU (+ done the cable-management) into my Fractal Design R3!
- Now I'm 100% Ready for my parts to arrive tomorrow! :thumbsup:

I'm going to have to re-do my cable managment tomorrow morning, to get everything ready.

Edit: Looks like my parts should be here Thursday.

Good luck, I'm probably going to have to rma my mobo and cpu as nothings booting.

:\ Make sure you check everything thoroughly before you take that step.

Is it not even POSTing?

Not at all, it looks like the CPU was dead on arrival from what I can tell.

Good luck, I'm probably going to have to rma my mobo and cpu as nothings booting.

friend of mine had everything running (fans and the like) but not booting and just forgot to plug in that 4 / 8 pin additional CPU power... (just throwing that in here, anyone could forget / overlook that)

friend of mine had everything running (fans and the like) but not booting and just forgot to plug in that 4 / 8 pin additional CPU power... (just throwing that in here, anyone could forget / overlook that)

I've troubeshoot all of that, as well I've reseated the CPU twice as well as every other component. Though it could still be the motherboard, it's impossible to know what part is at fault

Ew. RMA that shit.

Only my RAM has arrived :(
Now I have to wait for tomorrow :(

Haha, you'll be building right along side me. I'm watching the UPS tracking religiously, currently my box is on a truck travelling from New Jersey to Chicago.

Should have it tomorrow around 11am.

Im looking at my track and trace all the time too and I'm getting quite mad now.
It's only a 2.5 hours drive away from me and has been that since yesterday at 11pm! :shakefist:

EDIT: OMG OMG OMG!
The mailman just arrived with the rest of my parts! I did not know mailmen existed at night! :D
My track and trace thing apparently did not get used at the last stops! :O

Now I just have one problem... I have to read for math-test! :(

Last edited:
Damn you.

And now it's up and running!! :D
- DAMN it looks nice with all black! I will post some pictures tomorrow! :D

Just how fast is that shiny 2500k?

who cares? it's way too fast anyway :p
even my i5-750 is way too fast for anything i throw at it (games-wise that is).

Even my E8500 copes with 99% of what you throw at it.