San Fran Bans the Happy Meal...

SF amazes me in so many ways.

Couldnt agree more, its just unreal how PC they are

How about the zillions of wonderful hole-in-the-wall and fine dining restaurant offers, many of which include delicious alternatives such as pizza, mexican food and other things.

Fucking WHY would your #1 option be McDs? Try making food at home first you lazy SOBs. And if you have to eat out, eat out in a proper place with healthy food (not healthy as in the vegan organic bullshit, but actual healthy).

please tell me your joking

It amazes me how little people know about diet and exercise, you can regulate common sense, but that doesn't mean it's right. I always thought it was funny my football playing friends in high school would bulk up on the protein but they couldn't get a regular pop, only diet or fruit juice (as if it's better!) to go with their 3,500 calories a day diet and rigorous training circuit. Yet the obese kids had no problem getting their 11 servings of grains with a Diet Coke.

It's not as simple as calories in calories out, but for a child with a normal active life an occasional happy meal shouldn't make a fucks worth of difference. They had better ban Hamburger Helper and Chef Boyardee too. In my experience obese people are obese from lack of self-control/moderation and gross misunderstanding of how the body utilizes food and how exercise effects diet.

Correct, Ive read stuff that seems to suggest blood type has a bearing on what foods are better for you than others (i.e. one type that deals with fats better than others or one type that sorts sugars out better than others. Really funny read as well because for my girlfriends blood type she should avoid pretty much everything haha)

But although I had a very very active child life... (basically swim training every day of the week + palying out when I wasnt at the pool) the odd Maccy D's did nothing to me (and incidently nothing for me). My parents usually refused to go to McDonalds because they knew it was crap, and my mother used to work in a butchers and knew exactly how they make their bottom tier meat products which basically put her off things like burgers and sausages for life. I can only imagine McDonalds being even worse than what you get from the butcher.

The other thing is, I seem to be at the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to food, exercise and weight. For example over the christmas period I have come back about a kilo lighter. Thats after having celebrated christmas twice, with two lots of christmas dinner, no exercise and lots of sitting around shovelling quality streets in my mouth.

we make alot of our meals from scratch now, even stuff you get from cafe's and restaraunts isnt better than what you can make yourself and its often not as healthy and alot more expensive. Since Ive been at uni I dont think we've ever gone to a fast food joint, or bought ready meals. Theyre just too expensive for what you get.

Last edited:
Also, best goddamn burritos in the world. I'm still disappointed that I didn't get a chance to head over to the Mission District to a taqueria on my last trip there. :cry:

Still, however, tourists aren't going to do the research like the rest of us. McDonald's is ubiquitous, it's reliable, you know what you're getting for the most part, and they take bizarro foreign credit cards. There's a place for San Fran to meddle in the diets of others - it's just not here.

Correct, Ive read stuff that seems to suggest blood type has a bearing on what foods are better for you than others (i.e. one type that deals with fats better than others or one type that sorts sugars out better than others. Really funny read as well because for my girlfriends blood type she should avoid pretty much everything haha)

But although I had a very very active child life... (basically swim training every day of the week + palying out when I wasnt at the pool) the odd Maccy D's did nothing to me (and incidently nothing for me). My parents usually refused to go to McDonalds because they knew it was crap, and my mother used to work in a butchers and knew exactly how they make their bottom tier meat products which basically put her off things like burgers and sausages for life. I can only imagine McDonalds being even worse than what you get from the butcher.

The other thing is, I seem to be at the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to food, exercise and weight. For example over the christmas period I have come back about a kilo lighter. Thats after having celebrated christmas twice, with two lots of christmas dinner, no exercise and lots of sitting around shovelling quality streets in my mouth.

we make alot of our meals from scratch now, even stuff you get from cafe's and restaraunts isnt better than what you can make yourself and its often not as healthy and alot more expensive. Since Ive been at uni I dont think we've ever gone to a fast food joint, or bought ready meals. Theyre just too expensive for what you get.
Tape worm?

Tape worm?

I'm betting it's lost muscle mass, but 2 pounds is hardly anything to worry about. It's not uncommon to fluctuate 5 lbs. in a day. I have body builder friends who can gain 15 lbs morning to evening.

To actually say something nice about McDonalds, it fucking owns when I'm hungover. I don't want good a good meal, I don't want to prepare something myself, I don't want nutritional value. I want something cheap, greasy and fast, and McDonalds is totally those things.

And then I spend the rest of the day on the couch playing videogames and napping. Good ol' hangovers.

To actually say something nice about McDonalds, it fucking owns when I'm hungover. I don't want good a good meal, I don't want to prepare something myself, I don't want nutritional value. I want something cheap, greasy and fast, and McDonalds is totally those things.

And then I spend the rest of the day on the couch playing videogames and napping. Good ol' hangovers.

Well said! I love the sweet tea but the problem is that everytime i go in to get just a tea i end up with a damn medium fry and a double cheese burger. its like an automatic. actually, now that i think about it, im gonna sue them for forcing me to want to eat their food! wtf! ITS ON! how dare they have a menu with health food on it for me to choose instead of the greasey shit but then still wanna sell me a toy. everytime i see that toy i just start getting fat and think, well, ill buy a cheese burger! (i dont think this post is as funny as it was in my head but oh well)

I'm betting it's lost muscle mass, but 2 pounds is hardly anything to worry about. It's not uncommon to fluctuate 5 lbs. in a day. I have body builder friends who can gain 15 lbs morning to evening.

Water weight plays a big factor.

I had the same thing happen to me. With my fractured wrist and sore ribs I couldn't exercise for a month and after wards I was 1 or 2kg lighter than I was before.

Well said! I love the sweet tea but the problem is that everytime i go in to get just a tea i end up with a damn medium fry and a double cheese burger. its like an automatic. actually, now that i think about it, im gonna sue them for forcing me to want to eat their food! wtf! ITS ON! how dare they have a menu with health food on it for me to choose instead of the greasey shit but then still wanna sell me a toy. everytime i see that toy i just start getting fat and think, well, ill buy a cheese burger! (i dont think this post is as funny as it was in my head but oh well)

So what are you going to have when you wake up with a hangover tomorrow? Grease combined with napping works for me, as mentioned, but I'm curious what makes you feel better.

So what are you going to have when you wake up with a hangover tomorrow? Grease combined with napping works for me, as mentioned, but I'm curious what makes you feel better.

i actually am one of those people that dont get hangovers. just in case we arent clear, that post was a terrible attempt from me at being funny. didnt work i think

I genuinely thought you were extremely drunk.

I've made many posts like that whilst under the influence :p.

I've made many posts like that whilst under the influence :p.

im just getting really bad at trying to get those good jokes from inside my head to the keyboard. they always seem funnier inside my head but they never quit read the same...it sucks :/

The next step now is to install surveillance in fast food restaurants, that detects people who are already too fat and automatically sets off an alarm. The fat person is then guided out of the restaurant by two tall, muscular men with sunglasses and a Russian accent, telling him to never come back, because "We know where you live".

Seriously, Americans don't get that much fatter, than everyone else in the world, because fast food restaurants offer meals with lots of fat and calories. You can easily get the same amount of fat and calories from every other traditional restaurant, where you have to wait to be seated. As a matter of fact, the most common and most popular kid's meal in about every restaurant here, is a currywurst with french fires, drowned in mayo or ketchup. I really do believe a Double Whopper is healthy nutrition compared to that.

And if seduction is the issue here, how about banning candy and chocolate from supermarket cachiers, because kids can see them and pester their parents, until they get one? Why the heck are they concentrating on McDonald's and other fast food restaurants?

If you're looking for someone to blame for wrong child behaviour, then blame the parents for being too stupid or lazy (or both) to teach their children how to eat the right stuff and for the inability to say "No and that's final" to their kids, when they're grizzling. If fast food restaurants would be the source of all evil, then every nation in the world would host the same amount of fat people.

I guess I said it already occasionally on this forum but my eyes were opened, when I sat in a diner near Dallas/Tx., and an enormously fat man (about three times my current size) squeezed himself onto a bench, ordered a cola and then started pouring sugar into it like a madman.

It's not in the food -- it's in the heads.

Besides, I grew up almost completely without fast food (there was no McDonald's in my home town until 1995 or so) and still got fat -- just by eating canteen food, that was made for infanterists and doing long, boring night shifts and no sports. And I wouldn't dream of blaming anyone else for this but myself.

Last edited:
Every condition on earth can be solved with a youtube!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8av4unUxeE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmQExaT9QCQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Well, I feel vindicated after watching that.

And it's funny that this kind of control freak stuff comes from a land, that takes pride of its people having the biggest possible personal freedom.

Well, I feel vindicated after watching that.

And it's funny that this kind of control freak stuff comes from a land, that takes pride of its people having the biggest possible personal freedom.

the problem here is that places like San Fran are forcing this kind of crap on us. once they do something there then it will spread. its like the damn no smoking in restaurants bullshit that spread from NY (i believe). its getting much more to the point that the Gov is telling us what we can and cant do and alot less of us choosing.