Stupid Driver Stories

Today driving my mothers BMW X5

1. A silver Nissan Altima (08) tries to get in my lane, when there's an inch to spare. The bitch didn't even turn her head to look before she tried to come in the lane (at least she blinkered). I honked the horn, and then she flips me off, I'm like, I should be flipping you off.
2. Middle aged driver driving an 04 Mercedes S430 in the left lane next to my lane going onto the freeway manages to cut in at the last minute without even blinkering (2 minutes after the bitch in the Altima tries to cut me off). How hard is it for someone to flick their flinker up and down for the blinker stalk. (Personally for me, I like the sound of the blinker). The person had so much time to move over behind me or in front of me, but chooses the last second.
3. On the freeway, a Saturn Astra doesn't know the rules of moving over, or moving faster. There's two lanes of traffic, but the dude just cruises in the left lane while holding up traffic, finally he passes the cars in the right lane, and moves over.
4. Lexus ES300 holding up traffic in a 2 lane road, going 25 in a 45. I just hate the people who see a green light but don't accelerate, and when they do they take their time while holding up the people in the back. Then in the end only 3 cars make it over (instead of like 8) to the other side before the light turns red.

Last edited:
Hmm... I only noticed now, but Clive didn't indicate to move into the left lane when he's had enough, neither did he do it when he slammed into the merc. :think:

My car was sprayed with fuel on the Autobahn yesterday. I had just changed to the left lane after a pair of cars had passed me when I noticed a clear scent of fuel in the air. I immediately checked my car for any warning lights or whether fuel would enter the cabin or the ventilation system. But then I noticed this fine spray on my windshield. I was not sure whether it was just a drizzle or actual fuel at first, but when I used the wipers, it became aparrent I was not dealing with water. So I changed back to the right lane to be able to decrease my speed and wash my windshield safely. Of course, I was not able to find out specifically who was losing fuel and thus wasn't able to warn him.

Not so much a stupid driver story since one probably notices a hole in the tank when the guel gauge drops quickly, but anyway.

Going 150km/h in a ... with the handling of a ... leads to ... and ... ensues

Last edited:
Last Sunday, Toyota Celica in front of me, in 2 lane road, with a Lexus RX350 in front of me. The Lexus moves into the next lane, going at his own pace, and the Toyota begins to match his speed. There's a large truck behind me, couldn't really tell what it was, but we were all waiting for this Toyota to move out of the way since the Lexus and Toyota were going the same pace, side by side. After about 20 ft, I couldn't take it anymore, since the guy couldn't take a hint, so I flashed my lights at him to move. He was a bit past the Lexus that time, and he blinkers, but he didn't have enough room. He tries again, but accelerates, his car backfires, (you could see and smell the black smoke) then he moves into the right lane finally!. People who do not move for faster traffic need to read their drivers manuals again.

Btw I hate the people who brake for absolutely nothing, like this one lady driving a Nissan Rogue, drove me nuts, and took her 20 seconds to accelerate to 25 at a stop light.

I see that alot on the highway, left lane no traffic dude randomly brakes and accelerates...

That's the best part of jersey, people driving side by side thinking no one else should be going faster than them because they are doing the speed limit.

(not me but it's similar to what I see)

I drive a road almost every day that involves going up and down three large hills. Almost every local under the age of 60 knows that if you coast down the hill, you can save gas since you don't need to accelerate going back up the next one.

Today though, I was following some dummy who thought it necessary to ride his breaks down the entire hill so as not to break the speed limit. Apparently he didn't want to use to much gas either, so puttered up the next hill at 20mph... And I know he was a local because all the cars from my school have the same parking sticker on the back...

I just don't understand people.

Just had a good one on the way home from work through the city. Legal limit of 50 km/h, I do 60 when the road is clear. Guy in front of me going 55-ish, which definitely is okay, so I keep a proper distance to him (and I mean proper proper, not "move out of my way, fuckhead" proper). Then, the road goes from 1 to 2 lanes in each direction for like a kilometer. He takes the right lane, I take the left one and slowly accelerate to 60km/h to pass him as long as we have one lane each. He however feels provoked for whatever reason, pulls alongside me and matches my speed. So I accelerate to a tad above 60 to have gained a car length before the lanes merge again. He however has to pass me at all costs it seems, so he accelerates even more and has exactly one car length on me when the lanes merge.

Being the ass I am in such situations, I join his lane in the exact distance he had brought between us, which is around 50 cm. And what would he do? Turn off at the back road just behind the lane merging. HE KNEW HE WOULD TURN OFF THERE, BUT INSTEAD OF LETTING ME PASS AND TURN OFF IN PEACE BEHIND ME, HE HAD TO GET IN FRONT TO FORCE ME TO SLOW DOWN. It was obvious he took his time to slow down for the maneuver and also crept around the corner as slowly as possible just to annoy me. I maintained the 50 cm distance at all times and drove with a little offset to make sure he has my quite bright headlamp in his wing mirror.

I try to be a christian motorist, I really do. And everybody gets a chance, some even two. I did nothing to this guy, and he decided to be an ass to me. Well, I can be an ass, too, buddy! :idiot:

Yesterday, around 8 o'clock in the evening, I returned from Oldenburg on the Autobahn and we had heavy rain. I never go faster than 120 - 140 km/h in heavy rain on the Autobahn, because that is still a safe speed there with new winter tires.

So I was doing about 130 km/h on the right lane and was inching my way towards another car in front of me, which was doing 129.5 or so, until -- after at least 5 minutes -- I finally decided to pull to the left and accelerate a bit to pass him, because I don't like to drive in the wake of other cars in heavy rain.

However, the moment I set the indicator, he started accelerating. Okay, I thought, let him go, and returned to the right lane. As soon as I had done that, he slowed down again. I thought "You sucker" and against my principles accelerated to 160 km/h -- he accelerated, too, and matched my speed.

He was then forced to slow down because of a truck in front of him (I was almost at his side at that moment, so he couldn't pull out in front of me anymore) and then I passed him and the truck, switched to the right lane again and settled down to 140 km/h.

Not hard to predict what happened next: He overtook me again with 160 or so, only to pull over right in front of me, thus covering me in water from his wake and slowing down to 130 again.

Now, I'm a patient man but that was too much for me. I slammed the foot down and accelerated. This time I did not stop at 160 km/h but kept going until 190 (rain had become a bit less in the meantime). He kept up with me until 180, then fell back. Then I pulled over to the right and gave him a nice shower for a change, which immediately made him fall back even more and then he finally took an exit.

Oh, and before I forget: It was an E36 3-Series BMW 318i with summer tires on (there are no winter tires that stand out beyond the fenders). I couldn't take a look at the driver, though. Was too dark and wet. But the chances are high, that it was a youngster in his first car, probably still under the influence of his Playstation.

Last edited:
That's the best part of jersey, people driving side by side thinking no one else should be going faster than them because they are doing the speed limit.

That's I-91 in Springfield, MA. my extended family lives out that way and I can attest to the regular bouts of fail that can be observed on that road.

If he was only lane hogging it would have been one thing, sonuvabitch can't drive...

Asleep at the wheel (or texting) I'd say. He didn't brake until he actually hit the barrier.

They did not apply the brakes at all, the force of the impact did. OUCH!

Oh, and before I forget: It was an E36 3-Series BMW 318i with summer tires on (there are no winter tires that stand out beyond the fenders). I couldn't take a look at the driver, though. Was too dark and wet. But the chances are high, that it was a youngster in his first car, probably still under the influence of his Playstation.

Punks in older BMWs, who are obviously 'ultimate drivers' because they bought a falling-apart 'ultimate driving machine', act the same way in the US too.

Yesterday, around 8 o'clock in the evening, I returned from Oldenburg on the Autobahn and we had heavy rain. [...]
The way you describe it, it sounds like it?s not stupidty - but on purpose. Winding up other people to play with them ... not to achieve something ... just for fun. Like a child in kindergarden coming up to you, hitting you and then running away just so you will chase him.
It?s not like that guy didn?t want you to overtake him ... he wanted you to try, and try and try. And see how much fun he?d have with you in the process. A car driving Troll if you want ...

Another Story from me from a couple of weeks back when we had really thick fog here for 2 or three days. I was going on a expressway (semi-motorway) in the Fog with all lights on.
Pic from that day :
http://img535.imageshack.**/img535/8459/nebel.jpg
I was going at around 80 when I came up behind and overtook a guy in a new white Opel Astra who was going around 70. When I had passed him, I noticed he had no lights on. None whatever. In a white car. I tried to signal him while he was behind me. No reaction. I then slowed down untill he overtook me so I got a chance to signal him from the side. Nothing. Behind him, I tried getting his attention with the high beams and turning my fog lights on and off ... nothing. The Expressway then turned into a normal B-road and we came up to a red light. I got on the lane beside him and let down my window. Told him that his lights were off and that he was barely visbile for others in his white car. Recation: "I know, but the car is new and I have no idea how to turn on the lights".
The Facepalm that I did mentally that very moment was powerful enough to rip through the time space continuum ...

Last edited:
On our commute today, at the intersection of Fifth and Neville, we came up behind a young woman in a beige late-90s Chevy Malibu. The Malibu was the fourth car waiting in line for the light. I couldn't really tell what she was doing, either looking down at the stereo or an un-seen phone. When the light turns green, she just sat there as the cars ahead of her pull away. It wasn't until I honked that she started moving. As we entered the intersection, she slowed down to a crawl. Just as I'm about to honk again, she put her indicator on to turn left. I'm facepalming myself mentally at this point. Obviously she doesn't realize that she's supposed to indicate what she intends to do, not what she's already doing.