2014 Cadillac ATS, ATS-V spec sheets surface

MadCat360

Forum Addict
Car(s)
*Carless* Waaahhh
2014cadillacats.gif

Who knows if it's legit.

The 2.0T has too many short gears. There's gonna be a buttload of gearchanges in that car. WTF.

EDIT: Turns out this is just a good educated guess.

Last edited:
The sooner to get you up into the higher-fuel-economy gears?

Judging by the CTS's history I suspect there will be a manual option.

I can't get enough ATS-V news, I would LOVE be an owner in the 2nd or 3rd year....let the kinks get worked out.

EDIT: WHOOOA, after rereading this, this is a HUGE leak. This means that the Gen V smallblock (next gen-LSX) will be staying with LS3 displacement, but getting a nice bump in power (direct injection!) and not the 5.5L to follow Corvette Racing like so many thought.

Last edited:
Wait so the V6 only has 50hp more than the 4 Cyl? whats the point of that. A turbo 4cyl with 276hp should be enough.

It just doesn't makes sense to offer those three engines.

^ A lot of people such as myself would rather a V6 over a turbo four, I think they'll sell a lot of each model if these specs are correct, and they look pretty official to me.

so the ATS-V will pretty much be in direct competition with the C63 AMG I guess?

Wait so the V6 only has 50hp more than the 4 Cyl? whats the point of that. A turbo 4cyl with 276hp should be enough.

It just doesn't makes sense to offer those three engines.

Mercedes does the same thing, they offer a turbo four and two V6s in the C and E class. The smaller V6 is a 3-litre and only has 30hp over the four. Difference is power delivery, the NA engine is smoother and has no turbo lag.