Show us your Lego!

Wait a few months, there is a new version of it coming out this year, looks promising , and won't break the bank :p

LEGO-Technic-8070-Super-Car-Toys-N-Bricks.jpg

Looks alot like the Ferrari 599 that came out a few years ago, but this one seems to have independant suspension.

Am I the only one who builds the models once then assimilates all the parts into my collection?
not at all

I think my mother once cleared out some old shelves and boxes, where she found a lot of LEGO "construction manuals", for lack of a better word. I was amazed by the amount of sets my older brother and I must have had at one point. However, I only ever saw very few of them in their original shapes. The rest of the time, I used to build ships, quaint little towns and fighter bombers out of the very same bricks. I still have my homemade stealth fighter somewhere... :think:

Oh, and did anyone else feel like (s)he somehow graduated from elementary school LEGO when the switch to LEGO Technic happened? :lol:

Edit: I found the stealth fighter rather quickly, so here it is complete with years of dust, bitemarks (because as a child I used my teeth to pry the bricks from each other) and missing pilot helmet:

LEGO_Stealth_1.jpg

with open canopy, bomb bay and bomb loading hatch:

LEGO_Stealth_2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have anything built right now, but I'm going to build a stand for my 1/10 RC touring car while I wait for a part to arrive. Should be interesting :p
this is the one that always filled me with jealousy (and kinda still does today):
8868-1.jpg

it?s the one with the motor driven pneumatics stuff on it...
I had to order mine from Germany. It lives up to the hype...mostly. The claw is absolutely useless though. It can't grip anything. I remember some of the engines I put in it. Boxer eight, inline four, V8, all sorts of lulz. I eventually tore it down though.

Hmmm.....not sure if want anymore.

So the gearbox actualy controls the opening of various doors? well that's realisme aint it. :p
I would have preferred for this to just have a working gearbox like this had in back in the stoneage:

8865.jpg

And it does not look good in those pics....proportions look of somehow.

On the other hand this does already have one motor and a battery box incorporated in the design so modding this to full RC should be a cakewalk.....

I hate those lego cars. They don't have any caster/camber, suspensions are unrealistic, body is basically a ladderframe like in old cars and pickups.... pretty lame. It's mostly looks these days.

I hate to be the guy who does this but.

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/193021
4447355993_1d3dfcffb5.jpg
Wow, that?s pretty awesome! But why would he go into all that detail and then put the steering wheel on the wrong side??

So the gearbox actualy controls the opening of various doors? well that's realisme aint it. :p
Yeah I don?t get that at all... Considering how with todays Lego you can actually build remote control cars, it actually borders on stupidity.

I might still get 8070 for the parts (and i quite like the B-model hot rod).

In other news, I just returned back to Lego. I got myself 8051 (this is the B-model):

And I've also ordered 8258:
LEG8258_1_p.JPG

In other news, I just returned back to Lego. I got myself 8051 (this is the B-model):

8051 is a nice little set. I made a classic 1970's bike from it:

Octan anyone? Just made this for a contest - a remote-controlled sportsbike:

I need an old computer with win 95 or 98 and a serial port so I can program my Mindstorm set again.

I need an old computer with win 95 or 98 and a serial port so I can program my Mindstorm set again.

I got a laptop that fits the requirements..... then again, you could also make do with a USB converter and a virtual machine (or a serial add-on card for that matter) (or actually holy shit I just checked and my desktop has a serial port)