Unveiled: Aston Martin Cygnet

It's been at Harrod's for at least 4 months now. You can even talk to a sales rep and sign up for ownership details! Deliveries start mid this year.

I was there in December and it was that crappy Lexus mini.

Your avatar looks like a warning for a banana people crossing.

Meh, I'd drive one.

The key is to not look at is as a blasphemous Aston Martin, but instead as a really nice Toyota

Okay, you would drive one...but would you buy one, considering the insane price?

We all know the target market for this thing: The teenage daughters of Aston Martin drivers.

We all know the target market for this thing: The teenage daughters of Aston Martin drivers.

hahah. I can just see it now:

Guy: Hey babe, wanna hang out sometime? I'll meet you in my dad's porsche.

Girl: Porsche? I'll take the new Aston my dad got for me.

Guy: :drool:

later that evening:

*embarrassment and shame on both parts*

CP_Styling%20kit%20for%20smart%20fortwo%20451.jpg

... Jus' sayin', would've been a better Cygnet than the iQ. Even though engine's in back and there's no backseat (I really don't see the point for the iQ to have a backseat, really.)

hahah. I can just see it now:

Guy: Hey babe, wanna hang out sometime? I'll meet you in my dad's porsche.

Girl: Porsche? I'll take the new Aston my dad got for me.

Guy: :drool:

later that evening:

*embarrassment and shame on both parts*

Think of it from dad's perspective.

"I need a car for Madison. She wants something cute. I need to ensure no nasty teenage boys can get up to anything. I'm buying a new Aston tomorrow. I'll get a Cygnet when I'm there!"

Think of it from dad's perspective.

"I need a car for Madison. She wants something cute. I need to ensure no nasty teenage boys can get up to anything. I'm buying a new Aston tomorrow. I'll get a Cygnet when I'm there!"

I think this just implies that I'd be a better and cooler insanely wealthy father for my girls. firstly, by not naming them after traffic-y streets in NYC or founding fathers and secondly, by getting them a proper car. one that's a real vehicle and not a caricature, like the one I have.

Also, if the US iQ is delayed, what happens to the Cygnet? is America even getting it at all?

I hope not. It's a pointless microcar slotted to a refined rig already (Fortwo.) I mean, can you fit two reasonably tall people in the back of the damn thing?

I don't think so, but I think the main difference is that if you've got two people in there(rather than two people and one midget), you can fit an actual bag inside. that's one step ahead of the Smart. The Aston just does the same thing with a gaping fish-mouth and some vents that have no business being on there.

I think this just implies that I'd be a better and cooler insanely wealthy father for my girls. firstly, by not naming them after traffic-y streets in NYC or founding fathers and secondly, by getting them a proper car. one that's a real vehicle and not a caricature, like the one I have.

Also, if the US iQ is delayed, what happens to the Cygnet? is America even getting it at all?

Had I a teenage daughter, no way in hell I'd get her an Outback. Big back seats! My girls will not own a car with a big backseat/allowed to date boys with cars with big back seats.

Though of course you can always get real two seaters that would be damn hard to fool around in.

Last edited:
Had I a teenage daughter, no way in hell I'd get her an Outback. Big back seats! My girls will not own a car with a big backseat/allowed to date boys with cars with big back seats.

Though of course you can always get real two seaters that would be damn hard to fool around in.

:lol: i just thought about that.... which gives me ideas and schemes. schemes and ideas.... :rolleyes:

well, I think that the iQ is a pretty neat little car, and that it could give Scion the boost it needs, and could bolster tC, FT-86 and xB sales by a lot if the xD is killed. The Cygnet however... until they find a way to shoehorn that V12 in there.....

:lol: i just thought about that.... which gives me ideas and schemes. schemes and ideas.... :rolleyes:

well, I think that the iQ is a pretty neat little car, and that it could give Scion the boost it needs, and could bolster tC, FT-86 and xB sales by a lot if the xD is killed. The Cygnet however... until they find a way to shoehorn that V12 in there.....

Where would you sit though? And I'm pretty sure you'd have to literally lower the seats for some ample cargo room.... And the fact that the US iQ would feature either an NR or a Camry I4 engine.

Where would you sit though? And I'm pretty sure you'd have to literally lower the seats for some ample cargo room.... And the fact that the US iQ would feature either an NR or a Camry I4 engine.

Motorcyclists have no problem straddling large engines. If driving a V12 Cygnet means doing the same, I'm all for it.

Lotus has gone fat and started a clothing line, now they're actually going through with this! What the fuck is James Bond gonna drive. Gotta be a Jaggggggg.

Motorcyclists have no problem straddling large engines. If driving a V12 Cygnet means doing the same, I'm all for it.

Yeah, actually, we do. The engine is usually placed ahead of the rider, not underneath them. Because nobody wants to get a piston or rod in the groin.