Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

My friend from school might have pissed someone off because a few weeks ago someone tried to steal his wheels/tires off his truck but failed thanks to wheel locks and the other he discovered that his brake lines are f-ed. Now, he's not sure if someone cut them or he just ripped them while offroading. There are no cameras in the parking lot and he doesn't really have anywhere else to park. He is installing an alarm with all sorts of sensors and whatnot; camping out is not really an option. What else can be done?

My friend from school might have pissed someone off because a few weeks ago someone tried to steal his wheels/tires off his truck but failed thanks to wheel locks and the other he discovered that his brake lines are f-ed. Now, he's not sure if someone cut them or he just ripped them while offroading. There are no cameras in the parking lot and he doesn't really have anywhere else to park. He is installing an alarm with all sorts of sensors and whatnot; camping out is not really an option. What else can be done?

Hidden el cheapo cam?

Remind me again how truck owners manage to get stuck on lightly snowed, paved roads?

That's not even the deepest bit - I plowed some drifts with the damned bumper.

Maybe ice under them and lack of traction? Slush in general will fuck you up no matter what you are running. I hit a patch with moms outback today and it wobbled the same as when I hit it with my bug yesterday.

Yeah I was trying to liven up the outback by pointing it at snow mounds today :lol:
Those are fine it's just the slush and ice that's bad.

Bah, Brookline has enough money to plow and salt streets. You'll be fine.

Last edited:
but that's where you're wrong. They go overboard on Beacon and Harvard, but anything else is untouched. Babcock (where I park my car) is like an ice rink every morning.

The back streets of Cambridge get plowing attention if tree branches fall into the road. Wonder if that'd work for you guys.