The "New Toys" Thread

Try an N95 8GB or an N82. These are the most powerful non-touch Nokias. As for the UI, after using iDevices for a while, I have to say it lacks polish on the touchscreen side, although non-touch is perfectly adequate

True. But then they cost more money :p (Considering what I paid for the N78 I think I should be saying that it has enough power :lol:). I agree about the touch screen Nokias. I haven't used any Symbian^3 devices but for the v5 ones, they are not that good. But then again I don't care because I don't really like touch stuff :p

MeeGo = Maemo's (N900's OS) successor

Ohhh I see...

Also nokia convinded intel that meego is ossum...
so...

Hurray for nokia (from symbian s60 5th edition 5800Xm).
/me wants E7!!

But as you know, despite that they have no intention to MeeGo the Booklet, making them big jerkheads.

11-HTC-7-Mozart.jpg

HTC 7 Mozart. Should come tomorrow. Not sure if keep.

HTC 7 Mozart. Should come tomorrow. Not sure if keep.

Always wanted to ask : why you order if not sure if keep?
you go play with it in store first, then decide, then order, not other way around

Always wanted to ask : why you order if not sure if keep?
you go play with it in store first, then decide, then order, not other way around

Sometimes it takes a couple of days to get used to the phone/figure all the quirks out. For instance my g/f didn't know that copy paste was RETARDED on her Incredible till a couple of months after she got it. Mostly because she never needed to do it before that...

Still waiting on my order... Fucking websites saying stuff is in stock when it's not.

GRRR!

Noctua NF P12 1300 for my NAS. A steal for 13$.

noctua_nf_p12_2.jpg

Big pink and brown fan? Who, thought it would be a good idea to use those colors?

As long as it works, that is the big (pink and brown) thing. :p

Big pink and brown fan? Who, thought it would be a good idea to use those colors?

As long as it works, that is the big (pink and brown) thing. :p

It's more beige and brown. Not the best colors, but the fans are really good. Who cares about the color anyway, it's hidden inside the case.

Last edited:
You mean the 4 people who bought them in 2002 and haven't cleaned them since? They probably can't see them through the 4" of grime on the inside, and the scratches on the outside.

You mean the 4 people who bought them in 2002 and haven't cleaned them since? They probably can't see them through the 4" of grime on the inside, and the scratches on the outside.
Hey I had one up till about 2 years ago and it was clean! :)

Let us know how you find it. It looks interesting.

Have been playing around with it for a few hours now. The phone itself is, as expected, quite brilliant. WP7 is, as expected, still a little immature yet promising and I do love the Metro design.

Last edited:
Got an Acer Aspire 5110 last weekend, for free :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/rh/rhubarb/2011/02/03/image.jpg

The last owner told me that the laptop was overheating and making the HDD throttle and he didn't want to tinker with it anymore, so he gave it to me. He kept the HDD though and the laptop had only 512MB of memory when I got it.

I've been running Xubuntu from a memory stick without problems so far and I bought a second 512MB so-dimm for 5e. Tomorrow I'm getting a 250GB HDD from a friend for 20e and I finally get to test the laptop properly, hopefully it'll run fine with an HDD...if it doesn't, I just wasted 25e for nothing :p (well, at least I can use the HDD as an external drive on my desktop pc)