Take us for a drive in your country

Sorry for the rattling. I'm still trying to perfect the camera mount. There is a D-ring under the camera that is rattling and I thought I got it sorted out before filming. The first two videos might not work right away Youtube is still "processing" them, but I'm tired and going to sleep. Hopefully they will be working soon.

EDIT: Apparently my first video was too long, but I don't have editing software. I'll do another city run at some point.

Big Cottonwood Canyon - Lower section - at about 6:30 I go into a steep S-bend in the snow; you can see the back start to step out and hear the trac-control kick in.

Big Cottonwood Canyon - the top.

Salt Lake City Drive - Heading Home

Salt Lake City Drive - End

Last edited:
^ Available in Australia .. but we are all crooks or decedents of crooks .. so copyright lawyers can STFU.

So much snow!! I've only ever been to New York in Spring. It's so difficult to appreciate the variation you guys have from season to season. Sydney only varies from hot to not-so-hot.
W00t for Australia! We had trucks removing the snow, I don't mean plowing the snow I mean dump trucks loaded with snow taking it somewhere because there was entirely too much snow on the ground.
Nothing is these days.
:( I should make a German version with no music but it loses its appeal :( Next one will be no music to make sure everyone can see it.

Last edited:
Prizrak, many US cities do that too. Until recently some were dumping the snow in the local river or ocean, but the hippies got all pissed off because there might be road salt in the snow.

Oh no, not salt in the ocean!

It's kinda long (20min) but it's the full drive from my apt. up to my mom's place. Roads suck horribly...luckily I was able to cancel some of the noise out in my video editor.

Part that could be called curvy bits go from 10-18min.

I'll probably load more later at some point...just gotta either borrow our Canon HD camera from work..or keep stop/starting my Nikon in HD to get some better quality vids.

Last edited:
Prizrak, many US cities do that too. Until recently some were dumping the snow in the local river or ocean, but the hippies got all pissed off because there might be road salt in the snow.

Not like it doesn't end up in the water ways anyway, the snow melts and takes the salt with it in it's path to the nearest water way.

I made a video of driving back from the petrol station back home, but unfortunately the solution of jamming my phone between the seat and the headrest didn't work so well, as it basically just shot some sky and high buildings. D:

Any quick solutions as to where to put the camera?

Sorry for the rattling. I'm still trying to perfect the camera mount. There is a D-ring under the camera that is rattling and I thought I got it sorted out before filming. The first two videos might not work right away Youtube is still "processing" them, but I'm tired and going to sleep. Hopefully they will be working soon.

EDIT: Apparently my first video was too long, but I don't have editing software. I'll do another city run at some point.

Big Cottonwood Canyon - Lower section - at about 6:30 I go into a steep S-bend in the snow; you can see the back start to step out and hear the trac-control kick in.

Big Cottonwood Canyon - the top.

Salt Lake City Drive - Heading Home

Salt Lake City Drive - End

Nice videos. Nice music, too.

If you like to get some constructive criticism: Pan the camera more upwards, show less road and more landscape. It took me some time to find out what has the best effect on video. Trial and error :)

ROFL. Yeah it makes sense to do so just too much snow, especially if you are talking about the larger cities where snow banks on the side of the road cause people to pretty much just leave their cars in the middle of the street. I would hope they are throwing our snow into the ocean otherwise it would be a huge waste of money...
Apparently my first video was too long, but I don't have editing software.
I'm using Windows Movie Maker personally, it's free from MS and it does YouTube upload straight from the app so its a decent amateur tool.

Also finally watched your videos, so how is the job market for IT people in your area? :p

Last edited:
...snow banks on the side of the road cause people to pretty much just leave their cars in the middle of the street.

A husband and wife were sitting down to their usual cup of morning coffee listening to the weather report coming over the radio. "There will be three to five inches of snow today and a snow emergency has been declared. You must park your cars on the odd-numbered side of the street to allow the snow plows to plow the street."

The wife got up from her coffee, "Jeez, OK" and heads out to move her car.

The next day, again, they both are sitting down with their cups of morning coffee and the weather forecast comes on. "There will be two to four inches of snow today and a snow emergency has been declared. You must park your cars on the even-numbered side of the street to allow for plowing."

Once again the wife gets up from her coffee, "Jeez," bundles up, and heads outside to move her car.

On the third day they are both are sitting down with their cups of coffee and the weather forecast once again demands, "There will be six to eight inches of snow today and a snow emergency has been declared. You must park your cars on the ..." and then the power went out

The couple sadly didn't get to hear the rest of the instructions. The wife complains, "Jeez, what am I going to do now? How do I know where to move the car?"

The husband replies, "Aw, dear, you know you could just leave the car in the garage."

A husband and wife were sitting down to their usual cup of morning coffee listening to the weather report coming over the radio. "There will be three to five inches of snow today and a snow emergency has been declared. You must park your cars on the odd-numbered side of the street to allow the snow plows to plow the street."

The wife got up from her coffee, "Jeez, OK" and heads out to move her car.

The next day, again, they both are sitting down with their cups of morning coffee and the weather forecast comes on. "There will be two to four inches of snow today and a snow emergency has been declared. You must park your cars on the even-numbered side of the street to allow for plowing."

Once again the wife gets up from her coffee, "Jeez," bundles up, and heads outside to move her car.

On the third day they are both are sitting down with their cups of coffee and the weather forecast once again demands, "There will be six to eight inches of snow today and a snow emergency has been declared. You must park your cars on the ..." and then the power went out

The couple sadly didn't get to hear the rest of the instructions. The wife complains, "Jeez, what am I going to do now? How do I know where to move the car?"

The husband replies, "Aw, dear, you know you could just leave the car in the garage."

Hahahaha awesome. Not too many garages in Brooklyn tho, also we don't have the odd/even rules mostly too many cars :)

Here is another one from Sydney. It starts on the way down to Athol Wharf (at the southern end of the Zoo) and ends in a traffic jam on Military road. I used a GoPro stuck on the passenger window .. so you can see my hairy arms and knees. Germans should be able to see it as the only noise is that of a French 4-pot blowing through a Remus exhaust .... that assumes Einst?rzende Neubauten haven't already recorded something similar. There is a quick glimpse of the city skyline across the harbor at the beginning and at about 5:38 I pass a Ferrari 599 (parked on the left).

Last edited:
Nice videos. Nice music, too.

If you like to get some constructive criticism: Pan the camera more upwards, show less road and more landscape. It took me some time to find out what has the best effect on video. Trial and error :)

Yeah, I probably should do that when making vids for FG. There has been a higher-than-normal level of stupid on the roads recently, so I've been driving with the camera at that angle hoping to catch a fantastic act of idiocy. There have been a couple times my family has either been hit or witnessed a crash where the occupants of the other car bailed and ran or tried to lie about the circumstances.

I'll raise the camera a bit for the next video I do on the street. I might shoot low again when I get around to doing one off road so you can see more of the terrain.

Alright so here is a little video I made. And of course YouTube just told me it won't be available in Germany....

Works here! I think the reason it's banned in Germany is because of the under-engineered camera mount :D

Last edited:
No, it's Universal Music Group (UMG). You must have played some music that brought on the YouTube watch dogs.

You're so german :p ;)

Works here! I think the reason it's banned in Germany is because of the under-engineered camera mount :D

Hehe, it's actually a phone mount and the camera is the phone :) 70% of the reason its jerky is the wonderful Brooklyn roads though...
No, it's Universal Music Group (UMG). You must have played some music that brought on the YouTube watch dogs.
Yep that's the reason. The song was "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" :)