Random Thoughts....

I clearly need at least six, any less and I feel like complete crap. I'm glad I'm not starting classes this week, I'm missing half of everything people are saying to me, because I keep zoning out and can't concentrate.

Dammit!

*Drinks*

We just had an ice storm here. The streets are a veritable Gotterdammerink.

Well played, and an excellent play/movie.
On the issue of usernames, I wanted yours... although now I'm glad I chose something of which there are many, many more pictures.

:p I've been using this as my gaming tag for well over a decade. It pissed me off when someone beat me to it on XBox Live.

That wasn't me... mostly because I've never warmed up to the idea of games consoles. I'm Blind Io in just one minuscule forum, of which I don't even know if it's still online.

Are the trees falling down yet?

The most vulnerable ones were already taken care of by wet snow earlier this month, so not around here at least. Then again, I've only gone outside twice today and that was to just walk downstairs.

So I tried to break my non-alcoholism today by drinking some wine. I didn't get past two sips. I expected alcohol to taste different, but I didn't expect it to taste like medicine.

I realise that I probably would have liked it if I drank more, but I just wanted to see if alcohol could be enjoyed in small quantities by someone who's never tried it before. I wanted to find out because I know that in some point in my life, immense social pressure will force me to drink.

I am such a loser.

Hey if it's any consolation, I had my first drink at New Years Eve. I turned 21 this past June and was in college for years before that. :eek:

2 glasses of champagne. Tasted weird at first but in a good way. :)

I'm just going to say fuck the new Jalopnik and its really shitty design.

Agreed, it's pretty bad.

Took about 4 hours for me to dig out my driveway where I can get in out. Yeah, I get to go to work tomorrow!

Edit for proof:
*shoveled driveway*

I'm impressed with everyone getting a crapload of snow/ice. We got barely anything really. Kinda a letdown actually. :(

The most vulnerable ones were already taken care of by wet snow earlier this month, so not around here at least. Then again, I've only gone outside twice today and that was to just walk downstairs.

The last big ice storm we had it was really odd. The power had gone out and it was really quite. All you could hear was the sound of cracking limbs, it was surreal.

First drink at 21! - you guys crack me up.

I know, I'm such a loser! :p

Ironically, the third day of my first year at a traditional 4 year college (I arrived as a transfer from a community college w/no housing-i commuted each day) I was *this* close to going to party with my roomies, but being the pansy I am I chickened out at the last minute. :/

I was referring to the 21 legal age limit - you (Well Florida at least) seem to enforce it quite strictly too.

You just need to find your own way - do not get pressured into drinking for the sake of drinking. Find stuff you like, (May I suggest the Beer thread some nice stuff mentioned in there) especially if it goes well with food. Remember white wine chilled (not frozen), Red wine opened and allowed to breath for a few minutes at room temperature.

I'd leave the spirits alone for a while if I were you - you could try a cocktail but watch them - can taste like orange juice but blow your head off after two or three.

Good Luck.

Shit I was drinking full glasses of wine at like 12, two or three at family gatherings by the time I was 16, no bottles of beer 'till I was 18 though. And if I was ever caught trying to buy it or drinking out of the house I woulda been hung. I think my dad kinda knew I drank outside the house though, didn't seem to ever care.

Moral of the story, enjoy alcohol, don't get wasted.

Shit I was drinking full glasses of wine at like 12, two or three at family gatherings by the time I was 16, no bottles of beer 'till I was 18 though. And if I was ever caught trying to buy it or drinking out of the house I woulda been hung. I think my dad kinda knew I drank outside the house though, didn't seem to ever care.

Moral of the story, enjoy alcohol, don't get wasted.

how unaustralian of you :p

I thought the Australians are chronically wasted, with no choice in the matter?

The cat wondered onto my desk then after a bit decided to attack Blind_Io's utility knife SUV sig picture. Is this an omen? :eek:

Last edited: