Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

A followup to the earlier awesome, video at link (nowhere to be found on YouTube).

Saving North Texas One Car at a Time
Good Samaritan in custom vehicle hauls cars stuck on icy highway
Updated 11:38 PM CST, Thu, Feb 3, 2011

The Cedar Hill man who helped rescue cars stuck on Spur 408 isn't afraid of a little cold weather and ice.

Why would he be? He's got a homemade, all-terrain rock climber with heated seats.

"I just can't watch hundreds of people just sit there and freeze and break down when I've got something like this (and) I can go out there and do something," Keith Allen said.

He and Peter Brown hauled cars, trucks and 18-wheelers that were stuck in traffic.

"I couldn't tell you how many cars," Allen said. "I mean, it was as fast as we could hook them up once we got there."

He spent the past four years building the rock climber. It has the engine of an '85 Chevy Blazer, but the rest of the parts are custom-built.

"It handled the terrain better than a few of those wrecker companies out there," Brown said.

The pair said they would normally charge $125 per hour, but offered their services for free Tuesday.

"We were just telling people, you know, 'Hey, if you got something you can donate to cover the gas and parts we're going to break, probably, it's appreciated," Allen said.

Don't think it's Mike Brewer. There are hints of grey in the hair, he looks a bit chubbier and I've never seen Brewer wearing glasses. That's not to say dye, contacts and cake can't be factored into the equation but I'd say it's probably not him.

I've even checked out his website and googled him plus hillclimb with and without MG and nothing. Does look like him though.

Porsche Carrera GT Supperleggera?

:wub:

If someone were to examine this thread they would think that 85% of all cars in the world are built by BMW.

:lol:

i don't get that pic, how can that car jump on that location??
(unless it's on of the backwards cars, and we're looking at the rear :lol:)

Now you mention it it does look like it could be shopped, but I'm no expert having seen very few 'shops in my time and knowing nothing of these "pix-elves" of which people so oft speak.