Doctor Who

So, jedd, let me get this straight. You want an inflatable toy with realistic appendages that you can fit inside and ride?

:razz:

Jedd_kenobi is into Daleks?

2 Daleks 1 Plunger?

DaleksinBras.com?
Doctor_Who_The_Eleventh_Hour_by_Blizarro.jpg

for those keeping a eye out for the Doctor Who Xmas Special soundtrack, bit of bad news.

Silva Screen have released the cover art and tracklisting for the soundtrack to A Christmas Carol. The album was originally due to be released in the UK on 21 February but has now been delayed until 21 March.
The music is composed by now Doctor Who composer of choice Murray Gold and performed by the excellent BBC National Orchestra of Wales and Crouch End Festival Chorus. The album will be released both physically (SILCD1360) and digitally (SILED1360)
AChristmasCarolSmallArt.jpg

1. Come Along Pond
2 .Halfway out of the Dark
3. Pray for a Miracle
4. Geoff
5. You Didn't Hit the Boy
6. Fish
7. Kazran Sardick 12 1/2
8. Ghost of Christmas Past
9. Babysitter
10. Talk About Girls
11. Sonic Fishing
12. Just a Little One
13. Big Colour
14. I Can't Save Her
15. The Other Half's Inside the Shark
16. Abigail
17. He comes every Christmas
18. Shark Ride
19. New Memories
20. Holding Hands
21. Christmas Dinner
22. Goodlucknight
23. Goodnight Abigail
24. This Planet Is Ours
25. Ghost of Christmas Present
26. The Course of my Life
27. Ghost of Christmas Future
28. Abigail's Song (Silence is all you Know), (performed by Katherine Jenkins)
29. Everything Has to End Some Time​

also David Walliams has been confirmed as a guest star in a upcoming episode of Series 6
I've actually been offered a part in Doctor Who, which I'm very very excited about. I've said yes, because I've always wanted a part. I don't think I can reveal much, I can just say I'm an alien. (I film it) in a few weeks. Soon! It's all happening soon, my life is starting soon! (He was also asked about if he was offered the role of the Doctor) I think any actor wouldn't turn down that role, yes. I won't be cast now though, because they're getting younger!
original article: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/02/dwn040211113008-david-walliams-talks.html

Last edited:
Has there been word on when it'll start up again?

Has there been word on when it'll start up again?

more than likely the start of the next series will be around the same time as series 5. although they are splitting series 6 into two sections. first half will be in the spring. second half will be in the autumn.
i would say a April 2011 start would be the most likely start date.

This will be the first series where you guys in the US will have it shown on TV on the same day that we do. :D

Last edited:
Except I don't get BBCA, and even if I did, it's not in HD. Boo-urns.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/02/09/5355526489_154ce8cb07_o.jpg

I think Dr. Who will be my next mission. After I finish Star Trek.

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who#Missing_episodes

Well thats surely gonna make my life harder. I guess no matter how good or bad at googling I am, I won't find them.
I bet they're deep deep down in the sub-basements of the basements of the BBC Archives. Long forgotten by the BBC themselves.

God how I'd give anything to venture into the BBC Archives... even just for a little.

Last edited:
I have every episode, and some groupings of episodes are actually just the original audio on top of restored stills and photos from filming. I ended up skipping them all together, and actually kind of stopped watching the old ones all together. I should get back on that.

I think Dr. Who will be my next mission. After I finish Star Trek.

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who#Missing_episodes

Well thats surely gonna make my life harder. I guess no matter how good or bad at googling I am, I won't find them.
I bet they're deep deep down in the sub-basements of the basements of the BBC Archives. Long forgotten by the BBC themselves.

God how I'd give anything to venture into the BBC Archives... even just for a little.

great picture.
as for the missing episodes. the vast majority of the missing episodes have been deleted, destroyed and very likely will never surface again. during the 60's the BBC did not keep or catalogue all of their shows and the vast many of shows of that time such as Dr Who, Dads Army, the Avengers and numerous others were all destroyed. in some cases, they have been recovered. this is mostly because some episodes were shipped overseas to air in different countries and they were recovered.
however it is not the complete end of the road. numerous lost episodes still had their audio recordings kept. For example the 12 part "Dalek Masterplan" saga from the First Doctor's era has long since been gone. Only 2 episodes remain (i think its episodes 4 and 8) however all of the episodes and its prologue episode (Mission to the Unknown, one of the few Doctor Who episodes that were made without the Doctor himself and the only episode to not feature the entire cast) have all kept their audio recordings. this has allowed some people to re-construct lost episodes. using still photography and the recordings to convey the situation. In one recent case the animation studio Cosgrove Hall (makers of old cartoons like Count Duckula and so on) reconstructed a Doctor Who serial with the missing episodes reconstructed using animation. Its a great example of how even some episodes have been destroyed and lost, still live on.
There have been numerous appeals and rewards given for missing episodes (The Sun and Blue Peter have regulary given out appeals and in the case of Blue Peter they offered a lifesize Dalek). But for the time being it seems that only reconstruction is the way to see the missing episodes. While it is a shame some of the best episodes still live on and have been kept intact, these include the first Doctor Who serial 'An Unearthly Child' and the first appearance of the Daleks in the 7 part serial 'The Daleks' along with 'The Dalek Invasion of Earth'
Unfortunately the final first Doctor story 'The Tenth Planet' that also featured the first appearance of the Cybermen has also suffered. The final 4th part of the episode is missing and only a brief clip of the Doctor regenerating is kept (due to it being held by Blue Peter), even the first Second Doctor story "Power of the Daleks" was also deleted and only a few shots and scenes are kept.

Its a shame but with a bit of luck you may be able to track down a few of the reconstructed episodes. They aren't brilliant but they are a great way of still experiencing the story with its original cast.

EDIT: found it, the animated episodes were part of the second doctor story "The Invasion"

Last edited:
I'm currently in the middle of my Star Trek binge, and from that experience (TAS) I do not want to see the animated episodes of any other live show.

Ok, the quote above stating number of regenerations

Traditionally the Time Lords were limited to twelve regenerations, but the Eleventh Doctor states he can regeneration up to 500 times

Is that a joke on the part of the writer of the cartoon or was that actually references from somewhere in the story canon?

You can get pretty much all of Doctor Who (minus the lost episodes - there aren't many and I doubt you'll miss much -) if you know where to look.

Ok, the quote above stating number of regenerations

Is that a joke on the part of the writer of the cartoon or was that actually references from somewhere in the story canon?

The quote comes from the Eleventh Doctor's appearance in the 2 part Sarah Jane Adventures story "The Death of the Doctor" where he states that he can regenerate 507 times. Russell T Davies who wrote the episode has since stated...

At one point in the episode, Clyde asks the Doctor how many times he can regenerate. The Doctor?s response? 507! Which is a bit more than the 12 that was established in 1976 Who ?The Deadly Assassin?. A few months ago we spoke to Russell T Davies about his script, and this is what he had to say?
So, the Doctor can regenerate a lot more than 12 times, apparently. That was a bit of a cheeky line?
507 ? I could not resist! I was hooting. It?ll never stick, though. That 13 lives is stuck in people?s heads. It is, isn?t it funny? Yet they only said 13 once or twice.
But some people do get tremendously worried by that figure, don?t they? As if when we get to the end of the thirteenth Doctor?s time, the BBC are gonna cancel the series, regardless of how well it?s doing.
They do, I know. When they came over here to launch ?The Eleventh Hour?, I went along to this screening in LA and journalists put their hands up, and one of the first questions was, ?What will happen when he reaches the thirteenth regeneration??
There?s a fascinating academic study to be made out of how some facts stick and some don?t ? how Jon Pertwee?s Doctor could say he was thousands of years old, and no-one listens to that, and yet someone once says he?s only got thirteen lives, and it becomes lore. It?s really interesting, I think. That?s why I?m quite serious that that 507 thing won?t stick, because the 13 is too deeply ingrained in the public consciousness. But how? How did that get there? It?s fascinating, it?s really weird. Anyway, that?ll be my book in my retirement!
This story gave you a chance to write for Matt Smith?s Doctor. Watching the finished episodes, did you get a twinge of regret that you can?t write for him every week?
Oh no! To be honest, me and Steven [Moffat] have the funniest emails now where I?m constantly laughing! I just sit here going, ?March! I remember what March was like?. And on the first of April I said, ?April! April?s a nightmare, isn?t it?? And I can do that on every date of the year ? ?Oh my god, wait until October!? I have twinges of amusement!
original article: http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/10/26/int...-talks-about-that-sarah-jane-adventures-line/

the problem is that its not really been made clear whether or not that this has been cleared up and is canon or not. since this effectively gives them a way of writing beyond the regeneration limit. i've always had the theory that after the Time War and as the last of the Time Lords he has a infinite amount of regenerations so that the Time Lord race continues in some way.

Last edited:
Nah, logically the BBC will terminate the series to keep canon. :p

Last edited:
Strangely Bob Monkhouse had a Sony video tape recorder in the 60s and taped crap loads of shows, Lenny Henry's first ever appearance for instance. His widow has allowed access to these. You never know what may emerge - I think that the missing Dads Armys appeared from this source.

http://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/19728/

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/secret_life_of_bob_monkhouse/

that is very possible and hopefully it does yield something positive. the audio recordings of lost episodes of Doctor Who (one example of this would be the fore mentioned "Dalek Masterplan") were not found via the BBC but were actually recorded from the television sets of fans who held recorders to the tv speaker to record the sound. these recordings are now used by the BBC and fans to reconstruct the lost episodes. There is still the chance that some episodes may have survived and hopefully exist somewhere.

that is very possible and hopefully it does yield something positive. the audio recordings of lost episodes of Doctor Who (one example of this would be the fore mentioned "Dalek Masterplan") were not found via the BBC but were actually recorded from the television sets of fans who held recorders to the tv speaker to record the sound. these recordings are now used by the BBC and fans to reconstruct the lost episodes. There is still the chance that some episodes may have survived and hopefully exist somewhere.

Thanks for the links & references.

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers made the Doctor an exception to the 13th regeneration rule as not the paint the franchise in a corner. After all, didn't the concept come about just explain the first actor change?

the 500+ maybe just a fatuous statement on the 11th doctors part but I'm kind of glad if they do make this official, then there will be no more stupid 'ooooh, there can be only *counts on fingers* TWO more actors allowed to play the doctor!' countdowns. Can just kick back and enjoy the story.

You can get pretty much all of Doctor Who (minus the lost episodes - there aren't many and I doubt you'll miss much -) if you know where to look.

Yep, search "dr who" on torrentz.