Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Could also be one of those left-foot braking assclowns that rests their foot on the brake pedal whilst driving.

Definitely watched him accelerate, I don't think the indicators were illuminated, but all the brake lights were on and they didn't turn on and off frequently as the pedal riders tend to exhibit.

You should of let him know there was a problem with his car. letting him know would of made it sooner that it was fixed properly. It could be this guy just had the master cylinder changed and the mechanic never looked at the lights, sometimes there is an adjustment that is needed.

I've got automotive ADD. I'm always on Craigslist seeing whats cheap and interesting, and when I do buy something I can never hold onto it long enough to enjoy it; I have to sell it and try and make some money.

And its not even one type of vehicle, its always changing.

I want a nice old British project car, then I decide if I'm that stupid I must as well buy a old Citroen DS or 2CV, then it gets cold and wet out and I say no, I want a old full size 4x4, a Suburban or a Wagoneer. Then it starts to get nice and I'll start looking for another aircooled VW. I'll then remind myself that no, you've had 3 of those and unless you're willing to spend $10,000 its going to be another rustbucket. So I start looking for a somewhat collectable 1970's full size sedan, Lincoln or Chrysler, something like that (no Cadillacs though, no matter how old they are, Cadillacs are still too "new money"). Then I change my mind and start looking for a clean, pre-1980, regular cab, longbox, 2wd pickup, a proper truck.

And the cycle goes on and on. Its getting annoying. How hard is it to find one fun vehicle you like and stick with it?

It's official, I'm the family taxi... again. The insurance company finally got around to assessing my mum's car so it's gone into the smash repairers to fix the front and back bumper damage inflicted on it on a nose-to-tail in Melbourne back in October when my brother was driving home from a band gig.

/Wanted one more week of sleeping 'till 8 before starting class on Monday.
//Oh well.... this is what happens when you're the only person around and available who can drive with a manual trans. <_<

Last edited:
Anyone see the Ford commercial with Matt Farah in it?

Anyone see the Ford commercial with Matt Farah in it?

No...annoyingly I'm watching the game "time-shifted" thanks to my uncle's obsession with Tivo -_-

the Cruze ad was ok.

"The BMW X3, designed in America, built in America"

Well I see the Germans still hate us.

I've got automotive ADD. I'm always on Craigslist seeing whats cheap and interesting, and when I do buy something I can never hold onto it long enough to enjoy it; I have to sell it and try and make some money.

I want a nice old British project car, then I decide if I'm that stupid I must as well buy a old Citroen DS or 2CV, then it gets cold and wet out and I say no, I want a old full size 4x4, a Suburban or a Wagoneer. Then it starts to get nice and I'll start looking for another aircooled VW. I'll then remind myself that no, you've had 3 of those and unless you're willing to spend $10,000 its going to be another rustbucket. So I start looking for a somewhat collectable 1970's full size sedan, Lincoln or Chrysler, something like that (no Cadillacs though, no matter how old they are, Cadillacs are still too "new money"). Then I change my mind and start looking for a clean, pre-1980, regular cab, longbox, 2wd pickup, a proper truck.

And the cycle goes on and on. Its getting annoying. How hard is it to find one fun vehicle you like and stick with it?

I'm the same way.

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but there must be something in the water around here.

I'm forcing myself to keep my Caballero, no matter what. It's a reasonabely solid project, it's just got a lot of little issues that need to be dealt with. But at the same time I want to get a 4x4 so I can go camping and wheeling, but then I need something reasonabley fuel efficient that I can drive daily so that I don't go completely broke, even though I already am. It's a real problem.

Very difficult. No one vehicle can give you every kind of fun you want. I like the sticks-to-bends, lightweight fun of my MR2. However, I also liked the power-at-any-time and effortless acceleration of a Jag XJR, the watch-the-needle-and-whooosh turbo boost of a Saab 9000 Aero, and the caveman roar and torque of a Pontiac Firebird. The best approach, really, is the Jay Leno one: make enough money to buy all the cars you want.

The new VW Beetle ad was pretty good. :lol:

:blink:
*does not watch football*

*googles*

If only the car would be as good as the ad depicts :(
I'll put my money on not much of improvement on mine.....

Last edited:
Got a question about wheel fitment. My Echo currently has 185/60 R14 tyres on it, and the stock wheels according to this website are 5.5Jx14.

I'm looking at a set of Enkei RPF1 in 15" flavor, which are 15x7 +35 offset. You guys reckon the Enkeis would clear?

I'm the same way.

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but there must be something in the water around here.

I'm forcing myself to keep my Caballero, no matter what. It's a reasonabely solid project, it's just got a lot of little issues that need to be dealt with. But at the same time I want to get a 4x4 so I can go camping and wheeling, but then I need something reasonabley fuel efficient that I can drive daily so that I don't go completely broke, even though I already am. It's a real problem.

I'm thinking the problem is that theres so much to do around here that no one car can meet all the criteria. So many camping, skiing and off road areas that a 4x4 make sense. So much city traffic that a little economy car makes sense. Enough destinations within 4 to five hours that having a comfortable highway cruiser would be great. And a big enough classic and collector car scene that having something for shows makes sense. And so on and so forth.

What I need is a classic, stylish, but not too big crew cab pickup, with a luxury but hoseable interior, propelled by a small but torquey turbodiesel mated to a modern 7 or 8 speed transmission, sitting on a updated, reliable hydronumatic suspension.

If I can find that I'll be happy.

Last edited: