The Android thread

Video calls aren't exactly cheap here in Australia, and I haven't really seen anyone do it. The one time I did was on the train, and the guy was shouting into his phone whilst video calling such that the whole carriage heard their conversation.

Well, I've been using imo.im ever since I found out about it and it's been a nice experience.

The Desire 2 is, from what I've heard, going to have a 3.7" SAMOLED screen(more probably SLCD) and a 1.2GHz dual core CPU that I believe is second generation Snapdragon. I've come to really prefer the 4" screen over 3.7" though, despite the small difference. I don't exactly feel cramped with 3.7, but the little bit of extra space makes a world of a difference for me.

HTC-Desire-2-Saga.jpg

Desire 2 spotted in Vodafone Germany.

Why, oh why does every manufacturer now make capacitive buttons on the bloody Android phones?! What was wrong with good old metal ones, they're just so much better... Well, I guess a good thing is that HTC at least keeps the order of them consistent, instead of randomizing it on every single phone like the others.

I prefer physical buttons like on my original Desire too. Nicjasno has the Desire HD and I just couldn't get used to not having a proper haptic feedback and feeling the position of the button.

I've never used a Desire, but I prefer the capacitive buttons over those on the Droid/DroidX. I know exactly where the buttons are, and the haptic feedback provided by the vibrator has always been perfectly sufficient.

Didn't know the Angry Birds update contained new levels... and a superbowl golden egg. :D

Is it just me or does samsung really make mediocre ROMS (such as my galaxy S stock ROM)? Because people with free time (such as the makers of darky and cyanogen ROMS) can make way better ROMS with faster performance, better battery life and (subjectively) more user friendly! And keep in mind they do this for FUN!

Do other android makers such as HTC, LG and Motorola produce crappy ROMS as well? I wouldn't know because i havent owned any of them. Just my SGS which now runs on a custom ROM.

Feedbacks from android users would be much appreciated. thanks

I think HTC does a lot better. I have a rooted HTC Desire and have tried many other roms, but I still find myself returning to the stock rom. :S

I think HTC does a lot better. I have a rooted HTC Desire and have tried many other roms, but I still find myself returning to the stock rom. :S

Well i have heard that HTC is really good with their ROMs... Im never going back to my stock SGS ROM... Touchwiz is just UGLY. it just screams IPHONE everywhere

Sense is very widget oriented. There's a lot of full screen widgets that take up the entire home screen. Although I think HTC will have to do something amazing to top Honeycomb.

I usually end up returning to a Sense ROM, but not a stock one. My personal favourite is Fresh, followed by DamageControl.

Having tried Cyanogen on 2.2 with ADWLauncher, I have also returned to 2.1 with Sense. Also, for whatever reasons custom ROMs seem to have terrible performance for me.... even if they are based on stock.

ADWLauncher may have been your issue. It was always slow for me on my N1, but LauncherPro and Zeam are speedy and overall wonderful.

@unbreakable: I somewhat agree on the "trying to hard to look like an iPhone", but I sadly can?t try since I have an i9000B...
And LauncherPro lagged my phone and made it freeze at least twice a day. A real pitty, I liked the overal layout and graphics.