Will there be a Season 2 and when?

I would think that Season 2, or any season would obviously not be running at the same time as TGUK, since apparently they share producers, but also because they know that people watch both and wouldn't want to take away from TGUK. I'm hoping for a S2 though.

Since S16 of TGUK will be done in a few weeks, I'd hope for Season 2 of TGUS in the Spring, maybe May or so, but don't know if that is possible given the short time frame. Might have to wait until late summer/fall (depending on when S17 TGUK is set). I doubt they would do a TGUS during the middle of summer.

I would think that Season 2, or any season would obviously not be running at the same time as TGUK, since apparently they share producers, but also because they know that people watch both and wouldn't want to take away from TGUK. I'm hoping for a S2 though.

Wouldn't really be a problem. TGUK is shown in the US on BBCA on Mondays,

Might have to wait until late summer/fall (depending on when S17 TGUK is set).

UK S17 will likely be in the summer (June/July).

I think you'll find Rutledge was just being Rutledge and that if you didn't like him before, I can't see him changing your mind next Season either. Generally however, I agree with you in that they should lighten up a little and start being themselves, which I think you'll find will happen if there is indeed a Season 2 :).

i hope you are right...rutledge and retarded, to me, is that he tyring to protray himself as the down south country boy. which, even though he is from alabama, he is not country or very southern. i have lived in southern Mississippi, and traveld through much of the Southeastern US. He would not fit in very well there. he just need to stop trying to be a southern person, and just be rutledge, TV Presenter in So Cal.

i hope season 2 is get better, because what i have seen of TG UK Series 16...haha.

since it looks like there will be a Season 2, i hope there is one big change...fire the current producers. they need to quit trying to script the show so much and just let the host be themselves more. and tanner needs to remove the stick from his bum and rutledge needs to be less retarded.

Do you know why the show was heavily scripted for season 1? They need to give the direction to the hosts that they want the show to go in. Season 2 and forward will be better as the hosts will know what to expect and what the producers are looking for and just go with it and be themselves.

since it looks like there will be a Season 2, i hope there is one big change...fire the current producers. they need to quit trying to script the show so much and just let the host be themselves more. and tanner needs to remove the stick from his bum and rutledge needs to be less retarded.

you do realize that the producers of American Top Gear are also producers of English Top Gear, right?

Confirmed:

Top Gear USA picked up for a second season

The American version of popular British motoring show, Top Gear USA, must have been popular enough for HISTORY as Jalopnik just confirmed the network's picking up TGUSA for a second season with hosts Rutledge Wood, Adam Ferrara, and Tanner Foust.

Despite receiving mixed reviews, a statement from the network cites the 60 million (total) who tuned into the ten episodes of the first season and the youngest audience ever for a HISTORY show. Top Gear's UK host Jeremy Clarkson says he's pleased about the move.

"Top Gear is our baby so you can understand why Hammond, May and I were anxious about passing it on to the presenters of the US show. We needn't have worried because Top Gear is clearly in safe hands, even if they do insist on speaking in those stupid accents. Watching an episode from series 1 with Richard and James, we found ourselves in a genuinely heated debate about which of the presenters' cars was best. We were just three ordinary chaps watching a car show and loving it, which is exactly what Top Gear should be. Bring on series 2."

This proves what we guessed earlier, that Tanner Foust was leaving Formula Drift to tape the new show, which starts production in the spring with producers John Hesling and Russ McCarroll.

Jalopnik link

I find it really interesting that Jeremy Clarkson says he likes the show, yet if we all remember that he said that it was canned because we just don't get it.

What's changed?

I find it really interesting that Jeremy Clarkson says he likes the show, yet if we all remember that he said that it was canned because we just don't get it.

What's changed?

What changed is the show. When Clarkson said that AMericans "just don't get it", it was just the UK show edited for commercials (what you find on BBCAmerica today).

What's changed?

What changed is the show. When Clarkson said that AMericans "just don't get it", it was just the UK show edited for commercials (what you find on BBCAmerica today).

Jeremy was referring to the pilot(s) NBC made a few years ago. NBC didn't go ahead with it not because the focus groups or whoever screened it didn't "get it" (though it could've been a factor, I don't know), but because of the failure of the Knight Rider remake.

That's 60 million total for all the episodes, though I don't ever recall seeing much more than 2 million viewers per episode on the Nielsen ratings. That must include DVR playback and online viewings on History. Anyway, i'm pumped for season 2.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall with Jeremy, Richard and Slow watching an episode of TGUS.