Random Thoughts....

The Superbowl or Handegg through British Eyes....... (not really worth starting a thread)

I tried watching it last night and as far as I can see this is what happened.

Team A has the egg and they stand in a line. The guy with the egg throws it behind him and the other guys run around like a street hustler playing "Find the Lady" trying to confuse team B as to which of them has the egg. Team B plays "Pile on!" with the guy they think has the egg. If they are right then everything stops while the teams stand around and chat so that the viewers can be told that the beer they are drinking is the wrong one. If Team B is wrong then the guy with the egg goes and plants it in Team B's base, bizarrely called a touchdown when he doesn't seem to need to be touching it when it goes down.

Presumably things keep stopping so that the folks at home can go dispose of the wrong beer they bought and go and get another wrong beer from the fridge?

Then things stop again while we are given proof that today's recording artists are nothing but computer enhanced pin ups, then more "find the lady" and "pile on" and somebody wins a fruitbowl, presumably not inscribed with "All your base are belong to us"?

Now am I missing something?
You're missing more beer, chips and queso.

Reactions: MWF
Just got a new weather email from my friend...

As of this forecast I am still waiting on the 00z runs of the GFS/GEM/ECMWF. Word is, the other models are all in agreement on how much snow and where it will fall while the NAM is the outlier. The NAM solution makes a lot of sense and is therefore hard to ignore. For this forecast I am going to blend the other models with a strong consideration to the NAM.

The storm system which will quickly arrive in about 24 hours from now is currently diving over the inner-mountain west. This system is then forecast to eject to the east/northeast across the southern and central Plains on Wednesday. In response to the upper-level storm, a lee cyclonce is expected to spin up in Colorado tomorrow and rotate southeast off of the high plains and east along the Red River valley. As it does so, a strong 850mb jet will develop on the leading flank of the low/front during the day Tuesday and into Wednesday morning. As this occurs, moisture from the Gulf of Mexico will be transported north and over a deep layer of arctic air entrenched across much of Oklahoma. This frontogenetic forcing (according to the NAM) is forecast to become quite intense by 12z (6am) Wednesday.

The result will be several bands of heavy snow with the potential for convective snows as very cold air aloft leads to steep mid-level lapse. The exact placement of the heaviest snow bands is still unlcear, however I am going to forecast the swath of heaviest snows in between the NAM and other model solutions. This would favor a corridor along and south of a Ponca City to Tulsa to Ft. Smith line and along/north of I-40 for receiving the heaviest snows. If the NAM is correct about the frontogenetic forcing and convective snow potential, there maybe localized snowfall totals over a foot in this corridor. Otherwise, 6-9 inches seems very resonable over a fairly wide area. The snow should be tapering off in the Tulsa metro by midday Wednesday and in western Arkansas Wednesday evening.

Behind this storm you can expect very cold temperatures for the remainder of the work week with warming temps over the weekend. Fortunately, after this storm, things look quite for a while. We need the break. Oh yeah this storm will be bringing the thunder and lightning just like the last one.

When you work with co-workers you just need to have a professional relationship with them - they do not have to be your friend, mate or lover.

My advice is keep work and social life separate unless you meet someone who makes it clear that they are interested in you and your interests and you like them too.

it's a different culture here in Australia, some of my best mates I've met through work - relationships at work can get messy though so tread carefully

No, I remember from high school BSE is the proper name for 'Mad Cow' disease. Don't know why it sticks with me, but it does. Literally turns the brain into something with a texture like swiss cheese, you know.
Denny Crane?

Reactions: MWF
everybody keeps saying i should watch that film but from what i've heard the opening of the film is incredibly depressing.

It is, but the movie itself is very good and makes up for the initial tears.

Well, you'll just have to get over those emotions and feelings and other lame faggy crap like that and just watch it. ;)

Seriously, it's a fantastic movie.

^ What they said :p It really is a very good movie, I thought the ending was a little sad too, but in a good way :)

Oh my, I hope there's a lengthy break from this crap. I'm cold, I've got cabin fever already from just thinking about being in for the next couple days again, and I'm fairly certain that LeMons + Texan drivers + ice = everybody gets black flagged! Eek.

anyone use an online log for their exercise routine? I recently got myself an exercise bike, it's been easier than expected and im managing a good hour on it, but i want a good record to motivate me to keep going, im looking for something simple ie enter x minutes of x exercise and let it add up

anyone use an online log for their exercise routine? I recently got myself an exercise bike, it's been easier than expected and im managing a good hour on it, but i want a good record to motivate me to keep going, im looking for something simple ie enter x minutes of x exercise and let it add up

hmm ive seen plenty around. Mostly smartphone based in order for ease of input at gyms and such. I use Gym Buddy for my iPod Touch.

hmm ive seen plenty around. Mostly smartphone based in order for ease of input at gyms and such. I use Gym Buddy for my iPod Touch.

im trying to get something simple online, smartphones would work if i had a decent dataplan, but most of my workout is at home and quiet consistent, nothing different, i just want to keep a tally of calories burned

When I click the "go to newest post" button for any particular thread, it's been taking me to the last page. Anyone else having this issue?

http://forums.finalgear.com/the-forums/forum-suggestions-issues-14374/page-62/

yes

I'm glad that is not on the list of weird shit going wrong with my computer then. :|

When putting together a resume...

Do you list your skills and accomplishments all in one group, and then at the bottom just give a quick list of your previous employers, or do you list the employer, and then any appropriate skills/accomplishments from tat job. Then list the next job, and do the same?

Like:

Option A
Company X (Sunday - Tuesday, Jovember twelve teenth):
Excelled at tying shoes
Lickd the butter

Company Y (Wednesday - Friday Fritaturday the Trarch):
Wore hats like a mutha
Licked the butter

Company Z (Saturday, The Twenty-second day of the 8th year of our Lord, Marty McFly):
Dat ass
Licked the butter

or

Option b
Excel at tying shoes
Wear hats like a mutha
Dat ass
I lick the butter

Previous Employers:
Company X (Sunday - Tuesday, Jovember twelve teenth)
Company Y (Wednesday - Friday Fritaturday the Trarch)
Company Z (Saturday, The Twenty-second day of the 8th year of our Lord, Marty McFly)

Last edited:
indeed, it was getting me worried.

My mom has been going to the gym. She is 89 pounds. I could bench press her.

(Yeah, I'm weak...)

Cheapest stations within 5 miles of SO31 XXX for Diesel

130.9p
Shell Titchfield

Southampton Road, Titchfield, PO14 4BB

Shell, 3.25 miles away, last updated on 5 February

131.9p
Mrh Park Gate Spar

Bridge Road, Park Gate, Southampton, SO31 7GE

BP, 2.35 miles away, last updated on 6 February

132.9p
Co-op Locks Heath Centre

Centre Way, Locks Heath Centre, Southampton, SO31 6DX

Texaco, 1.66 miles away, last updated on 6 February

132.9p
Locksheath Service Station

Bridge Road, Park Gate, Southampton, SO31 7GE

Esso, 2.1 miles away, last updated on 6 February

134.9p
Tesco Bursledon Towers Extra

Hamble Lane, Bursledon, Southampton, SO31 8GN

Tesco, 3.69 miles away, last updated on 6 February

Bastards !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
@NecroJoe - I prefer the first. When reading them I get a better idea of how long past / recent the skills have been learnt/in use. The second means I have no idea.

@NecroJoe - I prefer the first. When reading them I get a better idea of how long past / recent the skills have been learnt/in use. The second means I have no idea.

Darn...because I've had my current job for 9 years, so yeah...those are long past. :p

Then do it the second way. :p

Bastards !!!!!!!!!
Quite.

I recently took my brother to the train station and went past the local ARAL (German brand of BP) petrol station: ? 1.369, the same as Shell a bit further down the road. A few hours later, I had to do some shopping and went past another branded petrol station: ? 1.329 - as my way led past a supermarket station that is usually the cheapest, I decided against filling up. However, said station was charging ? 1.348, so bad luck. Anyway, I made my purchases, headed back to the previous petrol station to check the tyre pressure and perhaps fill up. When I was done with the tyres, I checked the diesel price: ? 1.309. So I saved about ? 4 on one tank just by waiting for the right time of the day.