Awesome Thread

Help me understand, because I just don't get it. It's like Obama catching a plane or getting a private helicopter to fly into Lower Manhattan, people do both all the time.

I think it would be more akin to finding Obama in seat 7E of a Delta flight.

Hardly. She was in fist class and it was mentioned that she has a private train. Also, what's the likelihood of the Queen getting assassinated or generally berated or attacked in any way? She likes trains, which is cool, because trains are cool, but this isn't exactly awesome.

Also, what's the likelihood of the Queen getting assassinated or generally berated or attacked in any way?

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were attacked in their car by protesters just a few weeks ago.

But that isn't the real danger. The IRA is still around you know.

^ That wasn't really an attack aimed at them, they just happened to be passing without enough security. Add to that the protestor group split off the route they were supposed to stay on, hence why it wasn't expected the royals would be anywhere near them.

And indeed the Queen is under relatively little threat compared to the President etc. With no political motives (other than for the better of her country) any opposers are opposing the crown, and not her really. Her biggest threat is from Pascal Sauvage. Or maybe the Prince of Wales...

*brb goin to teh tower*

Last edited:
I forgot that it was started back in '98.

I remember reading about that and thinking, man, 2008's so far away! We'll never know what it will be by then!

How has this not made it in here yet?

tumblr_lgdrx04ZDm1qf1yd3o1_500.jpg

and shepherds we shall be,
for thee my lord, for thee.
power hath descended from thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
so we shall flow a river forth to thee
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
in nomeni patri, et fili spiritus sancti.

tumblr_lgdrx04ZDm1qf1yd3o1_500.jpg

and shepherds we shall be,
for thee my lord, for thee.
power hath descended from thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
so we shall flow a river forth to thee
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
in nomeni patri, et fili spiritus sancti.

*blam*
Boondock baby!

I've seen that image a dozen times and this is the first time I noticed who was holding the guns.

Not to be a dick, but probably because there's already an entire thread devoted to it?

Is there really? Damn, I did look, but my faith in Finalgear has been restored.

I had no idea how enormous that thing was!

I have seen it streak past in the night sky and it's streak is huge compared to a satellite streak.

Blind, what it's about can't be understood from an American point of view because the USA doesn't have a monarch.
This topic has been debated over and over in the commonwealth countries that are still under the british crown. The issue is that the royal family usually have their own jets and fly everywhere they want to on vacation at the expense of taxpayers. This goes for governor generals too. Not only is this wasting tax money while they sit on riches, but it also wastes fuel and creates pollution for no good reason. Couple with that the fact that the crown doesn't really have much political power anymore and you get a lot of unhappy citizens. So the fact that she took public transit now, thus also supporting the british railroad industry, which is doing quite poorly as of late, is a very big deal.

Well, we have elected officials who act like royalty and abuse the privileges of office. One egregious example would be the unexplained flyover of Air Force One over lower Manhattan for an alleged photo-op. It happens in both parties but to use the current administration as an example, Marine One (the helicopter) and Air Force Two are abused for personal travel and vacation of the first family, for non-official trips to Chicago, New York, and Paris.

You probably won't catch Al Gore on Amtrak any time soon, for example. Mr. Global Warming has a private jet and several homes, the most recent being a 6500 sq ft $9 million mansion in Malibu, and he isn't shuttled around in a Prius. I guess this would be like George W. Bush flying in coach or seeing Michele Obama in a K-Mart.

Last edited: