Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest you leave it on for now, could be interesting.

Then I vote it be removed. link to poll thread if/when one appears

i think it's a good thing.

everyone replying to a post with "+1" or "agree", can now just click the like-button, and we'll see he agrees as well...

Ok, even after ranting in irc, I don't really care about the button, I can barely notice it. (I still object to it on principle though :p And if it has to be, it needs a hate button too).

I don't like the "so and so likes it" line one bit, though. More distracting garbage on the screen, taking up a lot of space. Hide it behind an icon or something.

If we do decide to keep it, could you move the like button to the same area as the report and reputation buttons are and make it a nice thumbs up icon?

I can't like my own posts, this is troublesome.

Reactions: MWF
I'm in the remove it group. Other forums i frequent have it, and on all of them it makes the forum look more cluttered.

It also gives off a Facebook vibe. I hate Facebook.

It think showing "So and so likes this" is cool though. Also a cool way to see the highly rated posts in the thread. :(

And a warm :welcome: to forums.finalface.com!!

Coming soon: BeJaaaaaaged Blitz, Farm CoupDeVille and much much more!

Must spread more useless VB upgrades before adding unwelcome features to Polly again.

I'm in the remove it group. Other forums i frequent have it, and on all of them it makes the forum look more cluttered.

It also gives off a Facebook vibe. I hate Facebook.
Because rating something up or down never existed before facebook. I do suggest that if we keep it, there should be a dislike button as well. But that'd be more elegantly (but a lot more harder to do) integrated into the rep system, that would not only rep the user generally, but also show the post's rating.

But in all seriousnizz, I don't quite see the point of that button. Is it for when I like a post but not like it enough to give +rep?

wat​

But in all seriousnizz, I don't quite see the point of that button. Is it for when I like a post but not like it enough to give +rep?

no, it's for all those users who think that "+1" or "i agree" is a contribution... (if you don't object i assume you agree)

this way the thread won't be bumped, and it won't be shown in the new posts section. i hate opening a thread to find a post which says "+1"

wasnt that the point of the rep button

i hate you derek

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
When you put it like that, bone, it does make more sense.

Just lose the damn hearts already!

EDIT: And Blayde, that was my thinking initially but since rep is limited it opens up more options plus hopefully might help prevent abuse of the rep system such as has happened in the past.

Last edited:
I hereby declare this can of worms officially open!

Status
Not open for further replies.