Random Thoughts....

Fuck it. I'm too tired to go jogging. I was walking all over Dublin today (funnily enough, looking for jogging gear). I'll do some yoga later on though :)

I just put together a babyprisonbed from ikea, there were no extra parts, everything fitted together and nothing was missing :blink: :mrgreen:

Amusingly at my first year at college it was declared, during a presentation, that Comic Sans had been found the best font to use by some study somewhere. Needless to say I never use it, but quite a few college presentations and assessments are printed in it now. <_<

And they haven't been forcibly overthrown by the graphic design students yet, because...

Seriously people, bright pink, purple, red and blue Comic Sans over full-screen black and white photographs in a power point? It's bad enough I have to sit through a series of powerpoints, don't make my occipital lobe explode out the back of my head as a way to end the suffering.
Dude... you don't see the joke? As in "If you force me to use PowerPoint, the result will always be like this!"

I just put together a babyprisonbed from ikea, there were no extra parts, everything fitted together and nothing was missing :blink: :mrgreen:
Call me lucky, but I usually have at most a screw or a wood plug left over - and that's after counting the items I've got, not after assembly. ;-)

And they haven't been forcibly overthrown by the graphic design students yet, because...

Maybe the graphic design department sucks. I once had a GD teacher that saw no problems with using dodge/burn tools for illustration. :|

We spent one Business Info. Management class criticising past PP presentations from previous years. The stuff that some people threw together was hilarious.

Light blue background, yellow and white writing, Comic Sans (which the whole class, including the lecturer, agreed was a no-no), fancy font like Gothic and Broadway, and playing a little fast and loose with the animation features.

That was a fun class :)

Call me lucky, but I usually have at most a screw or a wood plug left over - and that's after counting the items I've got, not after assembly. ;-)

Hehe yeah, I think it's more a joke now than actually the truth.

Can't say I've ever had that problem with Ikea stuff either, and most of the time I really have no idea what I'm doing. Useless instructions are useless! :shakefist:

I got up this morning at 6:45am fully thinking it was Monday already and I had to go to class, until I decided to put the TV on and was informed otherwise. Nobody in my household came up to see why on Earth I was clattering around in the kitchen so early. Haha....WTF?

I got up this morning at 6:45am fully thinking it was Monday already and I had to go to class, until I decided to put the TV on and was informed otherwise. Nobody in my household came up to see why on Earth I was clattering around in the kitchen so early. Haha....WTF?

That's much better than waking up Monday morning and thinking it's Sunday.

Useless instructions are useless! :shakefist:

My bf had thrown out the instructions with the box and I managed just fine, instructions are for wimps :p

My bf had thrown out the instructions with the box and I managed just fine, instructions are for wimps :p

Be afraid, be very afraid :p Ikea always laughs last :p

My exercise regime tonight.

- Have hearty pasta meal.
- Finish off pic n mix
- Look out the window occasionally in the hope that some sign will magically appear that will give me a valid reason to go out for a run
- Gets up
- Changes into tracksuit
- Goes downstairs
- Into the kitchen, gets West Coast Cooler from fridge
- Goes back upstairs (couldn't jog, was holding a glass of WCC)
- Consumes some WCC.
- Does about 5 minutes of yoga stretches.
- Consumes rest of WCC and Kinder Bueno

I wonder if I will be able to challenge myself enough to make the trek downstairs to get the Wispa from the freezer. :hmm:

Can't say I've ever had that problem with Ikea stuff either, and most of the time I really have no idea what I'm doing. Useless instructions are useless! :shakefist:

Just saw Biutiful. God damn that was soul-crushing. I'm going to pop a fistful of Prozac and go to my happy place now. :cry:

I use Google Docs, but the idea is the same.

I also hate powerpoint-type presentations and I will avoid using that format unless I'm required to - like today.

thanks for reminding me that I have to put together a presentation :/

On the benefits of using internal social media :O

If I do slides, I aim for around a sentence and a graphic - e.g they're supposed to be listening to me not reading the thing

Last edited:
If I do slides, I aim for around a sentence and a graphic - e.g they're supposed to be listening to me not reading the thing
The most evil abuse of PowerPoint I ever witnessed was a professor holding lectures on the CNS. I should add that we were allowed and encouraged to download pdf copies of the slides to help us with our studies. Anyway, his lectures were death by PowerPoint of the most cruel kind, i.e. various entire sentences on each slide (and no time spent on layout either), which he would then simply read out loud. The trick was that every now and then while he was reading, he would add half a sentence that wasn't in the slide - guess what he asked in the exam. :mad:

The most evil abuse of PowerPoint I ever witnessed was a professor holding lectures on the CNS. I should add that we were allowed and encouraged to download pdf copies of the slides to help us with our studies. Anyway, his lectures were death by PowerPoint of the most cruel kind, i.e. various entire sentences on each slide (and no time spent on layout either), which he would then simply read out loud. The trick was that every now and then while he was reading, he would add half a sentence that wasn't in the slide - guess what he asked in the exam. :mad:

That's pretty much how uni lecturers roll