Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you run this place! Just ban him for a week! :p

Or two!!
I guess most just hated it because it reminded them of Facebook, it wasn't that bad. Very transparent and not really 'abused' in the last. A dislike/hate/wat button would have helped to evaluate it further. Anyway disabling it after less than a week without the top gear release hardly gives it justice.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

:p

Great, now people are complaining that it's gone (not necessarily in this thread). Seriously people????

Or two!!
I guess most just hated it because it reminded them of Facebook, it wasn't that bad. Very transparent and not really 'abused' in the last. A dislike/hate/wat button would have helped to evaluate it further. Anyway disabling it after less than a week without the top gear release hardly gives it justice.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

:p

I agree, I thought it was a nice thing.

The takeaway from this is: People hate change. Period.

Great, now people are complaining that it's gone (not necessarily in this thread). Seriously people????

Because (and don't get me wrong I'm not complaining here) we never had a poll to sort of judge how this would work. People are always resistant to change but if you wait about a week, eventually certain groups will turn over and the whole thing comes to a norm (leaving only the people that really truly disliked it).

Personally I liked it (see what I did there). It prevents someone from just quoting something and going ":lol:" as a reply. It wasn't cluttering anything and the like button was small enough to be inconspicuous. It's something simple, fun, and really I don't see how people could hate it as much as they did.

Personally, I don't really care one way or the other. I can see the use of the system but I can also see why some don't like it. My only real complaint was that the little heart icons clashed with the design of the site. If it could have been gear icons it would have looked much better and integrated much better.

I was getting used to it, but I'm not shedding any tears that it's disabled. It was my understanding that the notifications could be turned off by individual users who didn't want to see it.

Either way, I don't understand what all the fuss is about and attacking Viper for it just makes users look like whiny little bitches. vBulletin instituted this change and it went live on sites other than FG too. Put your e-penis away, you're embarrassing yourself.

Somehow none if the images on finalgear are loading for me at the moment. It's probably just something at my end, but other pages seem to load fine.

I'm not seeing any trouble on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.