Chris Harris of Evo: MR2 Rules, MX-5 Drools

This is about as stupid a comment as claiming sports cars/musclkecars/exotics are penis extensions.

What exactly makes a traditional sports car "girly?" What makes a traditional sports car "gay?" I doubt a logical, non-ignorant argument can be presented to support that sort of commentary.

The styling? I like the looks of the MX-5 but I have to admit it's a but cutesy, which can definitely be seen as girly.

This is about as stupid a comment as claiming sports cars/musclkecars/exotics are penis extensions.

What exactly makes a traditional sports car "girly?" What makes a traditional sports car "gay?" I doubt a logical, non-ignorant argument can be presented to support that sort of commentary.
It's small, it's a convertible, it has a smiley face like its happy to see you. It's hard to give a logical answer to a feeling, I mean you would never call a Jeep girly but a Grand Vitara sure. Certain cars just have a girly look about them and you can't really say that someone's opinion is invalid.

Hell Spectre thinks my car looks like a piece of soap and is too similar to everything else on the road, I personally don't understand why he likes Jags (visually) at all as the styling doesn't appeal to me. You don't see us calling each other idiots because of that...

I personally wouldn't want a Miata because it's a convertible and I don't understand the point of a convertible (yes I have driven one before). Dude thinks they are gay what do you care? Are you a Miata salesman?

I have no idea how an MR2 is remotely girly... MAYBE an MR-S.

A Miata on the other hand was marketed for women in this country. Thats why it has a girly image. If you ask me it was damn smart of them to do that too. Market a sports car racers would want and then market it to their wives. Hubby gets his sports car, and the wife gets her cute convertible.

What makes you have no sense of humor?

Girl car is usually majorily owned by girls.

Austin_Healey_Sprite_Mk_I_red_vl.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/la/labcoatguy/2010/11/19/lastsoul_s_garage_001.JPG

Can't deny that the wide-eyed grins do make them look like stuffed animals on wheels, and happy stuffed animals tend to be associated with girls. We're only talking styling here, so of course the "logical argument" aspect of the conversation gives way to personal preference and emotive reaction. Color also plays a role here; my '93 MR2 was red, but I could not for the life of me see myself in a red Spyder like the one above. We're just talking personal preferences, not fatwas against fine upstanding non-man-loving men who don't mind a car to which the label "girly" sticks.

By that definition you're way wrong on the Miata.

Or he considers men who own the Miata girls :p

To add to that, even my g/f thinks that a man in a Miata == gay. This is a girl who doesn't know a whole lot about cars, has no preconceptions about them and goes just by the look of the car.

There is one more thing that I realized I dislike about the Miata. It's basically it's mass market appeal. Any AutoX even is going to have a million of them, I would want to be the odd one out in a Z4 or an S2000 if we are talking roadsters or an MR2 if we are talking just plain fun sports cars. Then again look at what I drive, I'm tired of blending in :p
This is my biggest beef with the Miata, too. They're good cars--do want--but dammit, everyone else has one or has had one. Arrrrghhh.

I'm not fond of the styling, either. I think they made a great looking car with the original NC, but then they derped it up with the grinning grill. :( The NA/NB have always been just a bit too cutesy for me, but who cares? They're throw-aroundable and can go like stink. Still want.

By that I am now assuming you are going to look at the miata dressed as and acting like a member of the homosexual community. A rather flamboyant one at that.

I'm not gonna lie, if I get one and it's not red, there's gonna be a pink license plate on it like the one on the back of the Bunnywagen. Oh, and one of those sparkly rhinestone license plate covers, too. Hahahahaaaa.

By that I am now assuming you are going to look at the miata dressed as and acting like a member of the homosexual community. A rather flamboyant one at that.
oh haaaay! ooh, this car is sexay! like, oh my gosh, its just SO darn cute, oh my!

I'm not gonna lie, if I get one and it's not red, there's gonna be a pink license plate on it like the one on the back of the Bunnywagen. Oh, and one of those sparkly rhinestone license plate covers, too. Hahahahaaaa.

Also dye your hair blond (if you are not already)

@LeVeL good luck dude!!!

Miata's are definately for teh gays, look at this dyno chart my old and dearly departed 97...

miatadyno141_001.jpg

Austin_Healey_Sprite_Mk_I_red_vl.jpg

I bet you will get far more attention from women in this than a Camaro or Z car.

Karoug ninjacoco
You'd get in my pants with that. :heart:

Last edited:
It's a bit too cutesy for my taste, TBH. Maybe I have a p3n0rzzz.

Cars don't typically woo me. Unless it's, like, this:

tc-exige-arvo-2.jpg

Then swoon.

ninjacoco top tip: Even an Exige can't help you if you're an icky creeper.

Last edited:
It's a bit too cutesy for my taste, TBH. Maybe I have a p3n0rzzz.

Cars don't typically woo me. Unless it's, like, this:

(Exige)
Then swoon.

ninjacoco top tip: Even an Exige can't help you if you're an icky creeper.

Note to self: to target car girls, get a hardtop and a BFW :p.

Note to self: to target car girls, get a hardtop and a BFW :p.

The unfortunate fact is I think most not car girls may think awesome cars = small penis. Or they simply don't care at all. I polled a friend and they were just perplexed by the lotus' highlighter color and said she doesn't really care unless it is a hummer, which is a turn off.

You drive a toyota anyway so you may be able to counter any sportscar stereotypes with convincing them it is somehow practical.

The unfortunate fact is I think most not car girls may think awesome cars = small penis. Or they simply don't care at all. I polled a friend and they were just perplexed by the lotus' highlighter color and said she doesn't really care unless it is a hummer, which is a turn off.

You drive a toyota anyway so you may be able to counter any sportscar stereotypes with convincing them it is somehow practical.

You know the wrong type of girls :p