Beer

I try to stick by that policy also. However, I'm pretty sure I wont be getting to the Guinness, Weihenstephaner or Erdinger breweries any time soon. (Although I'll most like get to Weihenstephaner/Erdinger before Guinness. Hmm.. time to start saving for a plane ticket.)

I would love to make it to St. James's Gate someday. However, next on the brewery visit list is Fuller's Griffin Brewery... which will be number...29!

All the fresh London Pride and Porter a man could ask for. Good for you, that's going to be a great time.

I would love to make it to St. James's Gate someday. However, next on the brewery visit list is Fuller's Griffin Brewery... which will be number...29!

All I can say about St. James gate is that it is a beautiful exhibition, lots of fancy light effects and interactiv stuff, all done in a beautiful building rounded up by the best Guinness you will ever drink coupled with what has to be the most beautiful view in Dublin city from 'the skybar'......just don't expect to see anything of the actual brewery :(

All I can say about St. James gate is that it is a beautiful exhibition, lots of fancy light effects and interactiv stuff, all done in a beautiful building rounded up by the best Guinness you will ever drink coupled with what has to be the most beautiful view in Dublin city from 'the skybar'......just don't expect to see anything of the actual brewery :(

Yeah I really want to have a Guinness in that skybar...I had a friend in college who was from Dublin and every winter break he would call me and make me guess where he was...he was always at the skybar.... Irish bastard.

Yeah I really want to have a Guinness in that skybar...I had a friend in college who was from Dublin and every winter break he would call me and make me guess where he was...he was always at the skybar.... Irish bastard.
I have asshole friends like that to :p
Out of the blue while hanging out in the local dive (wich is all there is) you get a text......"the wheather is nice in Dublin"

<=============

Last edited:

Last time I had a Guinness up there was when I was 15.... so plenty of years ago. Would love to go again, perhaps a Dublin visit for May would be in order.

Can't wait to drink out of the Weihenstephaner Krug though. Can't. Wait.

Actually, the proper term is Ma? - not to be too pedantic/German, but yeah :D

Also, you really gotta get out of this Weihenstephaner mindset, and get with the Augustiner!

Image courtesy of Wikipedia:

450px-Drink_augustiner_beergarden.jpg

Actually.... might as well add a picture courtesy of my own shitty webcam.

Actually, the proper term is Ma? - not to be too pedantic/German, but yeah :D

Also, you really gotta get out of this Weihenstephaner mindset, and get with the Augustiner!.

I know its Ma?, I think all I said while in Germany was "ein Ma?, bitte!" ;)

Also, I actually haven't bought any more Weihenstephaner at all. Its just that the only Ma? they had were Weihenstephaner and Hofbrau, since I already have one from the Hofbrauhaus I got the Weihenstephaner. I'm still on the hunt for Augustiner in the US though! For now though, I'm sticking with what I know and love: Ayinger.

Went to the local Bevmo and got some beers from the old country - and Scotland. I got a Taddy Porter, and some Belhaven beers; Scottish Ale, Scottish Stout, and some Wee Heavy. (I also got some Shiner Bock that I put in the fridge and am having right now with some barbecue. :beer:)
What is the best serving temperature for the UKanian brews? I know the the Scottish Ale and quite possibly the stout are conditioned in Scotch barrels, so should they be consumed at room temperature? And what's a good food pairing for the beers that I got?

chivas regal, if its gotta be beer, cascade pale ale, millers chill or corona or something

Last edited:
Went to the local Bevmo and got some beers from the old country - and Scotland. I got a Taddy Porter, and some Belhaven beers; Scottish Ale, Scottish Stout, and some Wee Heavy. (I also got some Shiner Bock that I put in the fridge and am having right now with some barbecue. :beer:)
What is the best serving temperature for the UKanian brews?
Do not put Ales (Bitters/Milds) in the fridge - room temp or slightly lower i.e. in airing cupboard.

That's what I figured. Thanks!
I tried Beer Advocate, and they are a great resource, but they had little to say about recommended serving temperatures. I will check out the recommended pairings, though.

Going to a mystery beer tasting soon, where we will be served "craft beers from the home of craft beer, California".

Any guesses what names might feature? I'm guessing possibly Stone...

Going to a mystery beer tasting soon, where we will be served "craft beers from the home of craft beer, California".

Any guesses what names might feature? I'm guessing possibly Stone...

I would think Stone would have to be included in an event like that. I also guess they will probably throw in one or two of the larger "craft" brewers like Sierra Nevada or Anchor.

I beg to differ. <_<

I'm just quoting what's written on the event blurb! I don't necessarily agree with it (I don't know enough about US beer to offer any opinion on the subject at all...).