Spied: 2012 Buick Encore a.k.a. Opel Mokka

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
Next Corsa heads for hills

Flared wheelarches and raised ride height give SUV muscular look.

It looks as if the Yeti could soon have company! As Skoda?s new SUV made its public debut at the Geneva Motor Show, our spies were on the trail of this top-secret new model from Vauxhall.

Our spy shots show a new small 4x4 from the Luton firm on test in the Arctic Circle. Under the Meriva body there?s a new chassis and a four-wheel-drive powertrain. The SUV will share suspension components with the Corsa ? but it?s also likely to get a raised ride height and tough, practical bodywork.

The five-stud hubs holding the wheels suggest there will be plenty of power on offer from the range?s flagship models.

According to one source, both front and four-wheel-drive versions will be available. The former will appeal to customers who seek the look and flexibility of an SUV, and the latter to those wanting some off-road ability.

Entering a totally new market for Vauxhall, the Corsa 4x4 will be powered by a wide range of small-capacity turbocharged petrol and diesel engines.

Styling will be influenced by the next-generation Corsa and Meriva, although the newcomer gets muscular wheelarches, roof rails and protective bumpers. While the new supermini will go on sale in early 2010, the SUV version is still some way off ? don?t expect a debut until 2011.

207us7n.jpg

iwm6b8.jpg

mvtbn6.jpg

15z2w5w.jpg

1gpssp.jpg

2v0ny9z.jpg

:cool:

Hard to say anything with such heavy camo but it is a popular segment they have been absent from.

2012 Opel B segment SUV/Crossover Spyshots and information

We have heard for Opel Corsa Based SUV development news for long time.The news has emerged since around 2006 as Opel plans to sell it in 2009.The latest we heard that the car will deley to 2012.If you can remember ,we have posted scoop of the Opel B segment SUV/Crossover render and information in last August.
This occasion we got the first batch of Opel B segment SUV/Crossover spyshots which still in heavy camouflage but at least the car is real car, not wearing Opel Meriva body that we report last August.
The design and engineering of car conduct by GMDAT-GM Daewoo Auto and Technology Company in South Korea (later In January 2011 change name to GM korea).The Opel B segment SUV/Crossover will design and engineer along with the Chevrolet Aveo/Sonic SUV like they did with Opel Antara and Chevrolet Captiva.

What we see from the picture with full camouflage is Small high riding SUV/Crossover with sporty and sharp edge
lines like we found in Chevrolet Cruze,Beat and New Aveo/Sonic.We fell that the car got influent from GMDAT?s car more than German?s Opel car.
While in Interior design uses switchgear borrowed from the Astra and Insignia and A brand new digital interface, expect us to say ?wow? from up market design and finish.
Like A high-riding version of the Aveo/Sonic.The front wheel drive and all-wheel drive versions available.While engine will be powered by a wide range of small capacity turbocharged petrol and diesel enginesincluding the 1.3-litre and 1.7-litre Petrol.While Diesels version will have turbocharging to optimise performance and fuel efficiency.
The latest information we got, Opel will launch the car in European markets in 2012

xtwjk.jpg

arjz5.jpg

46jBj.jpg

yRjex.jpg

7VOC9.jpg

U4g44.jpg

3u31x.jpg

Opel-Corsa-SUV-004_11614135237.JPG

http://img855.imageshack.**/img855/9334/img1554n.jpg

Kind of dissapointing to see they will still be offering the 'outdated' 1.7CDTI in that car. It's not a bad engine, far from even, but it is getting rather old and it shows.

Buick. China or North America? :think:
Trailer looks like China. General light conditions look like China too. No MPH on dashboard. China.

Looks alright from what we can see.

Last edited:
I'd much rather have an Astra estate, thank you.

If Opel wants to become successful again, they definitely need to do more than concentrate on the Astra, Corsa and Insignia. They should also think about niche cars and SUV's. Also Opel definitely needs to bring a sports Coup? again and yes, they should name it "Manta". Also they need to bring something for the upper market. The Omega was a huge success and I never understood, how a car company in its right mind could simpy stop production without a follow-up model.

Here is a collection of great cars made by Opel in the past, as a reminder, what's missing in the brand's portfolio:

Opel-diplomat-b-v8.jpg

Opel_Omega_A.jpg

800px-Opel_Kapit%C3%A4n_B_BW_1.JPG

800px-Opel_Diplomat_E_1972_2.jpg

800px-Opel_monza_h_sst.jpg

800px-Opel_GT_red_h.jpg

800px-Opel_Manta_Garmisch.jpg

800px-Opel_manta.jpg

800px-Opel_Senator_front_20080303.jpg

800px-Opel_Commodore_B_GS_1972-1977_frontleft_2008-08-17_U.jpg

Those all used to be good but affordable cars you actually wanted to own. It's what the current market is completely lacking: Good, achievable cars, that appeal to petrolheads.

Last edited:
Opel/Vauxhall have at least one big problem: their engines. Apart from the 2.8 V6 turbo they simply aren't good enough.

Nobody buys the 2,8 V6. The (old) naturally aspirated engines are not exciting, but fleet-buyers needs engines too. The 1.4 Turbo is alright, and the diesel lineup is competitive too (save the old Isuzu mill, which works, just not very silently).

I don't think MacGuffins proposal is necessary. Opel have been used by GM to sell a few strange models, like the Opel GT, and sure it's pretty nice and fast but it doesnt make money (check the GT out in the chart). The Astra and Corsa makes money. The Antara, not so much, because it's a Daewoo. Having a smaller SUV that isn't a Daewoo would help. Putting a V6 in it would not.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2011/07/31/2010_sales_by_country.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2011/07/31/2010_sales_by_models.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2011/07/31/2010_registration_03.jpg

http://media.gm.com/media/intl/en/opel/company_opel/SalesFigures.html

As for the great alarmism, I don't get what's supposed to be so bad about being the 5th largest car maker in Europe.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2011/07/31/2010_registration_01.jpg

Last edited:
Also they need to bring something for the upper market. The Omega was a huge success and I never understood, how a car company in its right mind could simpy stop production without a follow-up model.

the insignia?
opel-insignia.jpg

Just what the world needs. More lifestyle, wannabe offroadtough-but not really pieces pf crap.

And everything just screams GM fugly parts bin in the interior. I hate that steering wheel and I don't even know why.

Just what the world needs. More lifestyle, wannabe offroadtough-but not really pieces pf crap.

And everything just screams GM fugly parts bin in the interior. I hate that steering wheel and I don't even know why.

You bought a nexus s, what do you know about aesthetics? :p

I sort of want, but only if they shove in the 2L turbo.

Resembles a luxury version of a Suzuki sx-4 with a whole lot of added bulk just thrown in for good measure. Or maybe it looks like a bloated chromed out current Toyota Matrix.

Worst thing is that both of those hypothetical cars look better in my head than this Buick looks for real.

I won't bother venturing into the territories of "Nobody needs a fake SUV" or "this is probably twice the size of the original compact SUV's with half the use"

If Opel wants to become successful again, they definitely need to do more than concentrate on the Astra, Corsa and Insignia. They should also think about niche cars and SUV's. Also Opel definitely needs to bring a sports Coup? again and yes, they should name it "Manta". Also they need to bring something for the upper market. The Omega was a huge success and I never understood, how a car company in its right mind could simpy stop production without a follow-up model.

Here is a collection of great cars made by Opel in the past, as a reminder, what's missing in the brand's portfolio:

Those all used to be good but affordable cars you actually wanted to own. It's what the current market is completely lacking: Good, achievable cars, that appeal to petrolheads.

800px-Opel_GT_front.JPG

I admit it wasn't fully cooked. If GM would have given it a proper refresh the kinks would have been worked out. As for luxury GM already Caddy and soon the ATS.