Random Thoughts....

as of today, we, as in us belgians, are the champion recordholders of not having a government

for almost 30 years the honors went to iraq, but today we are 249 days without a government, and historybooks are ours!

[sings]we're gonna be famous...we're gonna be famous[/sings]

:D

Because it is something they are not used to seeing nor prepared to deal with.

Nope. Every year there's one or two stories about the "snowmageddon" of the month. It's nothing new, it's nothing unexpected.

as of today, we, as in us belgians, are the champion recordholders of not having a government

for almost 30 years the honors went to iraq, but today we are 249 days without a government, and historybooks are ours!

[sings]we're gonna be famous...we're gonna be famous[/sings]

:D
Best governed country in Europe then.

Nope. Every year there's one or two stories about the "snowmageddon" of the month. It's nothing new, it's nothing unexpected.

Yeah but there really isn`t a way to prepare and quickly recover from a sudden 24 inch snowfall, like what shut down Chicago. New York City saw a 27 inch snow fall in 2006 and even if they could have plowed it all quickly where do they put the driven snow?

edit: New avatar for the start of MLB spring training.

Last edited:

We have gotten more snow in this year, and by this year I mean 2011 so just six weeks or so, then any year since 1908 or 1918 I forget the exact date.

So yeah it is something new and unexpected.

"I lied."
Watch all the related clips as well!

Ugh putting up a tough corporate face today. It's interesting to see the bullying personae people exhibit in corporate setting. Fuckers.

EDIT: I'm glad my company's so small and we act like we're all family here.

Last edited:
Kansas City in the top 10? I am disappoint, hometown.

Oh wait, that's the Missouri side.

Fuck Missouri.

Yeah but there really isn`t a way to prepare and quickly recover from a sudden 24 inch snowfall, like what shut down Chicago. New York City saw a 27 inch snow fall in 2006 and even if they could have plowed it all quickly where do they put the driven snow?

We get that here in Utah, and we don't have a river to dump it into. You can see the snow coming, you get the salt trucks out and pre-salt. Get the plows staged before the snow rolls in and run them during the storm rather than trying to clean up after it passes.

We have gotten more snow in this year, and by this year I mean 2011 so just six weeks or so, then any year since 1908 or 1918 I forget the exact date.

So yeah it is something new and unexpected.

Utah also got more snow than average this year, including a couple pretty big storms. Since most people prepped for the storm before hand it was a non-event.

We get that here in Utah, and we don't have a river to dump it into. You can see the snow coming, you get the salt trucks out and pre-salt. Get the plows staged before the snow rolls in and run them during the storm rather than trying to clean up after it passes.

See that is something us in the plains and eastward usually don`t have the luxury of doing. Usually our big snow events are combined with out of the ordinary arctic temperatures and road salt isn`t effective until it is dissolved into a brine which requires a road temperature of something right around the freezing point of water. Oklahoma`s last storm which hit at around 1am in the morning the outside temp was closer to 12 or 20 degrees below the ideal temperature for road salt. It really just boils down to the fact that storms are just different in various parts of the country no amount of pre-salting or having the plows ready is going to prevent what happened on Lake Shore drive in Chicago. In the span of one week North Haven, CT saw a snow fall event of 12 inches followed by an event of 29.5 inches, which is basically half the annual snow fall seen in Salt Lake City. I`m not even sure why I`m arguing about snow fall preparedness...

Also in Utah they can plow the roads as they please, without fear of Traffic. They had to stop running the plows for something like 6 hours during the blizzard due to rush hour traffic.

There be indeed.

And I just realised since LP is of Indian heritage, everyone must seem blond to him. ;)

All you Whities are blond! SO...MUCH....BRIGHTNESS. CAN'T...TAKE IT.

Reactions: MWF
All you Whities are blond! SO...MUCH....BRIGHTNESS. CAN'T...TAKE IT.

smith_trace_sunglasses_black_fr.jpg

^ More a fan of aviator's tbh:

ray-ban-aviator-sunglasses.jpg

^ More a fan of aviator's tbh:

ray-ban-aviator-sunglasses.jpg

pimpin! :p

And this will be my last cell phone rant/verizon sucks thing.

I go to their site today and they decided to move this "messaging only" plan to some dinky corner of their site....no biggie I understand that it's not exactly profitable...w/e

anyways I go to click it and this is what i see:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/messagingplans.jsp

So yeah...I'm back where I started...God I can't wait to get my refund and get rid of these bastards.....

pimpin! :p

And this will be my last cell phone rant/verizon sucks thing.

I go to their site today and they decided to move this "messaging only" plan to some dinky corner of their site....no biggie I understand that it's not exactly profitable...w/e

anyways I go to click it and this is what i see:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/messagingplans.jsp

So yeah...I'm back where I started...God I can't wait to get my refund and get rid of these bastards.....

Not sure what you see, but I see unlimited messaging and web for $35/month....

EDIT: Ohhhhhh, fucking feature phones.