[16x05] February 20th, 2011

[16x05] February 20th, 2011

• Total voters
Forgettable, frankly, and I'm 45 minutes into it. :| 5/10 thanks to the guest. The Daytona 500 without sound is more interesting right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
I've been to the place they went to tons of times so it was fun to recognise a few places.

The Heathrow/Oslo Airport fact is quite hilarious.

Last edited:
Been where they've filmed several times. Was alright. Wonder if they could've put a bit more effort into it, instead of deciding to make a mess of it from the start.

I've been to the place they went to tons of times so it was fun to recognise a few places.

The Heathrow/Oslo Airport fact is quite hilarious.

FYI the Helsinki airport hasnt been closed once since 2003 due to weather:dance:

Realy loved that episode. Especially the last bit of the snow clearing has been quite authentical although you see parts of the script in one early scene :/
Tracktest was quite good. I thought the Audi is a good car - it isn't! That was interesting. News was a bit disappointing.

Hmmm why use a combine harvester as a snow plow when a lorry would do the job so much easier?

Not sure how it works in the UK, but in the Netherlands lorry operators can make a bit of money by fitting snowplows to their lorries. As a result many of the "slighty off-road" (think of muddy build yards) lorry will have mounting points for a snow plow.

man_gemhg_lr.jpg
4237324762_aa6583c6b6.jpg

Salt spreaders are also mountable to some of these lorries, add 10Tons of ballast and off you go.

That said, we ran out of road salt in like a week last year, thanks to the same budget cuts, excellent planning.

Hmmm why use a combine harvester as a snow plow when a lorry would do the job so much easier?

New York city uses garage trucks for all of their snow plowing.

"Going out and buying a Playstation wargame that isn't Call of Duty"

I quote that and I say... Jeremy Jeremy Jeremy, I thought you had better tastes!

Nope, he's a CHELSEA FAN. How dare he wish ill on the mighty Manchester United!! I was wearing my United shirt when he said that as well, what a complete car.

*zzzzzzzz* Seriously, 1 car segment. Cut down on the cocking around and cut down on the star in the car.

Kind of a "Meh" episode, but like the goofy challenges so gave it an 8.
Amber Heard is hot tho :p

The snowplowthingie could perhaps have been better if they where give a budget of like ?3k and had to buy a vehicle each and turn it into a snowplow.

Like the Tractors episode of Series 9 with a big of Geoff nonsense thrown in. Their "rampage" around town was cringe-inducing. And the track test was lamer than usual. The guest was really hot but also a total ditz. A pretty poor showing all round.

Did anyone believe for a second that Hammond actually lost his wedding ring?

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
Meh. The snow plow thing was pretty boring, especially the second part. The M3 vs RS4 review is pretty predictable. 6/10.

It was alright. But not memorable in anyway.

I think most of us are just a little bit over crashing-into-things challenges for the time being. Wouldn't mind something in the vein of a Senna film to finish the series. Just sayin' :|

Really bad one. The harvester bit was not really funny, except for very few bits, the SIARPC was just funny because of Clarkson and how can you possibly not make an Audi RS5 and BMW M3 comparison exciting???

Sorry Top Gear, back to the drawing board. Especially after the last episodes getting better and better.