No 56k: My 1929 Ford Model A

Awesome car! I really dig the minimal restored look on those cars.

I dig this car. You must have the oldest car on FG, no?

I believe so. I know theres another Model A on here but that one is a 1931.

It's also a member's parents' car, which don't count. And if they do, I think my dad's 1912 Mercer Raceabout wants a say in this :p.

Last edited:
Ordered a bunch of small parts. Door handles, hood latches, etc. That kind of stuff.

Have a license plate and new instrument cluster.
UtsYE.jpg

Slow progress because of work and other cars I own taking up my free time. Winter hits here soon too so I won't get much done for awhile. Will continue to update (slowly).

Adunaphel said:
It's also a member's parents' car, which don't count. And if they do, I think my dad's 1912 Mercer Raceabout wants a say in this :p.
I think I want to see pictures of this anyway!

Last edited:
I apologize for the long time between updates (I told you it was going to be awhile). I still have a lot of projects and other obligiations in my life right now so the A is kinda last on my priorities for now.

But anyway, I moved late last year to a place with a small (barely one car) garage and so the A sat during the winter. But, I'm moving again to a place with a much larger garage and so last weekend I moved the A over there. My dad and I hooked it up to his truck with a tow bar. It went better than expected. Everybody was crankin their head to get a look. http://forums.finalgear.com/images/smilies-custom/biggrin.gif

A picture during the drive:

On skates and in it's new home:

And how it sits now:

Last edited:
That's my brothers rat rod.1947 Chevy pickup. Chopped and dropped. It's a work in progress (aren't they all?). Here's a few pics.

How it started out:
z9JUn.jpg

After painting (still needs the top finish sanded and painted):
fBQAm.jpg

As it sits:
F7Xof.jpg

As for AMCs; check the first pic in this thread. ;) We have two Gremlin X's.

Last edited:
+1 on the AMC's being super awesome.

Also I love the look of that A the way is sits now. If those were white letter tires, I think it might be perfect.