Koenigsegg Agera R! Packs up to 1,115 hp... and a ski box

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
That car looks amazing! The ski box is kind of cool, obviously totally ridiculous, but definitely the slickest looking ski box I've ever seen.

Digging the speed-racer inspired paint job + the wheels! <3. I also just love the new Agera in general. :cool:

That interior looks so futuristic with all the colors + panels.

I'd be interested to see a review of this car when on biofuel. Wonder how hard it is to control 1,115 HP to 2 wheels without ESP. Probably not a walk in the park. :p

Source: Autoblog

When the Geneva Motor Show kicks off this week, the Lamborghini Aventador won't be the only exotic sucking in journos like a tractor beam. The Koenigsegg Agera R is also making its global debut, wearing in a Speed Racer-inspired paint scheme (per the owner's request) and packing so much power that you'd think an R2 unit would be a better co-pilot than, say, Chim-Chim.

Now, about that power - the Agera R's 5.0-liter twin-turbo V8 makes a ridiculous 1,115 horsepower and 885 lb-ft of torque on E85. Fill the tank with 95-octane gasoline instead of the biofuel, and figure on "only" around 940 horses and 811 lb-ft. The V8's connected to a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox. The driver harnesses that power from a lavishly appointed cockpit that meets all the hypercar techno-fantasy criteria.

The Agera R's body panels are draped over a carbon fiber monocoque whose rigidity is such that a roof is not required. Hence, it's a removable panel that can be stowed inside the car. The owner of the example being displayed in Geneva is a skier, so the car is outfitted with a custom carbon fiber roof box developed in conjunction with Thule. It's a single-piece system that replaces the Agera R's standard roof entirely; when you get to the mountain, you simply swap the ski-box roof for the standard roof (which is tucked away in the cargo compartment).

Other highlights of the Koenigsegg Agera R include Vortex Generating Rim (VGR) wheels whose spokes act as turbine vanes that help maximize downforce. They're wrapped in Michelin rubber developed specifically for the Agera. Said tires are rated up to 260 mph, making them the highest-speed-rated tires in the world, according to Koenigsegg. As always, we'll have a full team in Geneva next week to bring you full details and a live look at the Agera R. In the meantime, check out the high-res image gallery below.

kseggagerarhi002.jpg

kseggagerarhi005.jpg

kseggagerarhi006.jpg

kseggagerarhi007.jpg

kseggagerarhi003.jpg

kseggagerarhi008.jpg

kseggagerarhi001.jpg

kseggagerarhi004.jpg

I'll be right back! :eek:

I just ruined another pair of pants.

I love how Koenigsegg is as loony (if not loonier) than Lamborghini. Do they actually expect their customers to take this on a ski vacation? I absolutely want to drive that to a ski resort.

the car is outfitted with a custom carbon fiber roof box developed in conjunction with Thule. It's a single-piece system that replaces the Agera R's standard roof entirely; when you get to the mountain, you simply swap the ski-box roof for the standard roof (which is tucked away in the cargo compartment).

And, what...so you take the ski box roof with you skiing?

Seems like a Thule ad to me.
Otherwise it looks exactly like every other Koenigsegg except for the led lights.

First off.........MAJOR WANT!!!

Second....can't say I would drive that car anywhere near snow. 900-1000hp and rear wheel drive do not for good slippery condition road holding make. I think its officially time for Koenigsegg to make a AWD version.

Top Gear needs to get this monster on their track. I can't wait to see the insane lap times it will set.

I'm pretty sure the Agera belongs to Jon too so I guess he probably is already pretty happy.

Jon is too poor to own an Agera he says. He's bought an Aventador (or whatever it's called) to replace his current "rental car" GT-R, roofbox status unknown.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2011/02/27/snow-camo-gallardo.jpg
Lamborghini + cold = dead battery

Last edited:
they're not GM, i don't think they can afford to give any cars away for free...